• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

R-1191493-1278876323.gif.jpg

A music milestone, The Black Album just became the 4th album to spend 500 weeks on the Billboard charts. While it has a more than a decent chance of beating the 529 weeks for Journey's Greatest Hits and the 539 weeks for Bob Marley's Legend I don't think it will get to the 937 weeks of The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd
4691708.jpg

Last edited:
New Slash f/MKATC album out yesterday. It's... not great.

Billy-Gibbons-The-Big-Bad-Blues.jpg

Not bad for a Texan.;) "The Big Bad Blues", Billy F. Gibbons.

Doc

The Dead played this more in concert than any other song.
The original:
Yeah, that is Papa John Phillips

The first covers
(Joni's finger picking at its finest)

And of course, The Dead

Last edited:
Maybe it's because she was so cute back then, but I liked Joni Mitchell's version best.

Doc

I love these stories. I do know that you didn't need a passport in those days. I only lived about 40mi. from the border and crossing it underage or otherwise was no problem. We did it often. There's tombstones lining Rt. 5 attesting to it. All you needed to buy a drink in Canada was be tall enough to hand the bartender your money. Also remember that the drinking age in NY was only 18 in those days. It would have been no problem for Neil Young to get a drink. But no matter. It's a good story.

Doc