• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

I hate to be "that guy", but one of my favorite bands, The Rumjacks, recently went through a vocalist change and as much as I try, I'm just not liking the new guy. It was Frankie's accent, lyrics, and delivery that really made the emotional connection with the previous lineup. You could hear his soul being bared in the songs. The music, itself, is still there and the same, but it now sounds like any old pop-punk band trying their hand at celt-punk. I'm going to keep at it, but it has turned into pretty much everything I didn't want it to be... :(

Lately I have been on a Dio kick, love rainbow and his work with Black Sabbath (Heaven and Hell). I was curious if anyone else here likes old school rock music or any specific genre.

I saw Dio on Friday, July 30, 1976, with Rainbow; Ritchie on guitar & Cozy Powell on drums.
I was 15 years old & it was my first 'concert' I ever attended.
Opening band was REO Speedwagon.
RIP Ronnie & Cozy.

I saw these guys nearly three years ago; first time I ever saw a cow play harmonica. It was EPIC ....................
Homer (the cow) is older than most members here. He was born in 1945, I believe.

I went through a classical stage 60 years ago. Then Rock, Punk and jazz.
I love classic rock the guitar riffs and the musical ensemble with an ending like a classical music Symphony.
Blues are on the station here in L.A. every sunday. How bout Frank Sinatra.
New Crooners and the new rap missed me.
I think the old rockers need to do some coke and revisit writing real rock but they are afraid to get hooked again!
Best ever, Beethoven Piano Concerto #5 in E flat major with Vladimir Ashkenazy.
What I hate - I listen to the radio and they just play 2 hits from each rock group over and over. Like Led Zeppelin only had 2 hits?!
Pink Floyd only had 2 hits?! Ozzy only had 2 hits?! Metallica only had 2 hits?! ZZ top only had 2 hits?!
Memorial day in L. A. the jazz station played BB King all day.

Oh man if you like the underground raw stuff check out Army of the Pharaohs, jedi mind tricks (vinnie paz), la coka nostra( I'll bill, elaine, everlast), Apathy.

Figured we child quit jacking that other thread. Was a huge Jedi fan back in the day. Will definitely check out the rest.

My son has been trying to put me on current stuff he's into, but I don't even know how they call most of it rap. There are some gems here and there, but most of it's garbage.

Figured we child quit jacking that other thread. Was a huge Jedi fan back in the day. Will definitely check out the rest.

My son has been trying to put me on current stuff he's into, but I don't even know how they call most of it rap. There are some gems here and there, but most of it's garbage.
Oh yeah idk how this new shit is getting listened to. I'm a huge fan of the stuff I listed and then tech n9ne, brotha lynch, method man, yelawolf, chris webby, run the jewels, em, jelly roll

Oh yeah idk how this new shit is getting listened to. I'm a huge fan of the stuff I listed and then tech n9ne, brotha lynch, method man, yelawolf, chris webby, run the jewels, em, jelly roll
I'm a son of the 90s through and through. WuTang, Outkast, Biggie, Pac, Dre, etc., though I like a lot of the underground stuff too, mostly from the same era.

I'm a son of the 90s through and through. WuTang, Outkast, Biggie, Pac, Dre, etc., though I like a lot of the underground stuff too, mostly from the same era.
I'm a big fan of the old school to, but ya gotta find the gems lol

I was a metalhead in high school in the early/mid 90s, so by law I was required to shun and disparage anything out of my chosen "Life Genre". Man, I missed out on some good shit out of pure ignorance back then. I'm not saying that I have playlists dedicated to 90s-era rap, but Apple Music has been mined, for sure!

This is why I always get a chuckle when I see these young kids wearing a Wu-Tang shirt. They just bought it because it was at Hot-Topic, not because they have ever listened to their music.
@TexasTraveler I know I'm the resident youning round these parts lol (26) I grew up listening to what my dad loved, loves, guns n Rose's, van Halen, motley crue, def leppard. I was on my cigar walk the other night and stopped by the skate park and this kid scooters past and has a gun n Rose's shirt on so I stopped him and asked what his favorite album was and this like 15 year old just started rattling off GnR songs. Needless to saw I was impressed a 15 year old new so much about the greats. There may be hope for the youth lol