• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What was your worse cigar ever?

Recently for me, Rocky Patel R4. I tried to enjoy it because I like some of his other blends, but I had to give up. I had high hopes for that one too because there was a killer special at the time. Oh well, live an learn.

That's surprising! Those are a great cigar when you don't really want one but you kinda do. I have purchased 2 boxes of them in the past. What was bad about your smoke?

It was a flavor issue, and no matter how slow I smoked it it always was hot. I got the feeling as I was smoking it that it might not have been stored properly. It was a gift and I smoked it right away rather than let it sit for a month or so in my humidor. I was tempted to try them again but that first impression left a bad taste in my mouth (pin intended) :)

If my local smoke shop gets them I might try them again.

I have had bad luck with La Finca cigars and Casa Blanca. I picked up a Casa Blanca double corona the other ay and had to put it out half way. Too hard of a draw and not enough flavor to even waste the money on. La finca was just lacking in the flavor dept for me. Just had kind of a bitter raw tobacco flavor throughout the whole smoke.

A Garcia Vega Crystal that I smoked in the woods with my friends when I was about 14 :laugh: . We used to chew, dip, smoke cigs and pass a cigar around...sometimes all at the same time. My mom went down to the 7/11 where we bought them after she found out I smoked and ripped the guy behind the counter a new you know what. Ahhh the good old days.

Arturo Fuente King B that tasted like dirt, hair, and garbage. I was very upset that this could come from an AF product.

Arturo Fuente King B that tasted like dirt, hair, and garbage. I was very upset that this could come from an AF product.

Gotta let those sit outside the humidor for about a day before you smoke em. ;)

I think a "worse cigar" is like what your favourite was, it's relative.

I also think that "what you expected" out of the smoke has an effect on how it was. We've all smoked dog rockets of one grade or another and may have known what they were going to be, but for one reason or another we smoked it anyway.

Each time I go to Cuba I have a list to try 'n buy. A couple of trips ago, a Cohiba Lancero was on the list. That was, by far, the worst cigar I've ever smoked where I had decent expectations.

It was plugged and had nearly no flavour. Yes, this happens with all smokes once in a while, but I wouldn't waste my money on another.

Victor Sinclair vintage select. This cigar was box pressed and i bought a sampler from CI 4 sizes and they all suck.Ugly to look at taste like dirt with hints of tobaco.I gave them to the boys that delivered my bed.They are young and will recover.....

I have had bad luck with La Finca cigars and Casa Blanca. I picked up a Casa Blanca double corona the other ay and had to put it out half way. Too hard of a draw and not enough flavor to even waste the money on. La finca was just lacking in the flavor dept for me. Just had kind of a bitter raw tobacco flavor throughout the whole smoke.

I have good memories of a box of La Fincas I bought. But then again that was a while ago and my tastes have changed. I might take a flier on another box though, if I land a job anytime soon. I did buy a box of 10 CB's from JR and by the 10th I could share your disapproval.

I got mesmerized one day with the CI Anniversary Epicure and bought a box thinking I could power through it if it didn't taste too good. I had read some reviews on it and although few, the reviewers thought it pretty good and complex. I finally got through about a dozen of them and just couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't even give 'em away for fear of ruining a friendship.
Ended up grinding them up and fertilizing the wifes rose bush. :laugh:

I read some guys like 'em, just not me. Oh well.

Onyx Vintage Epicure......smoke one, tasted like dirt and crap.....second one....same.....third one.....same. Still have about 20 of them in the box if anybody is interested...... :p

I've had waaaay too many bad cigars.....but like a fool I usually smoke em anyway......amongst the worst were villar y villar (same factory as la finca, but even worse!), riata (burnt, soiled hay and tar), and flor de farach - which I smoked right before I got food poisoning, so it may have been bad via association with some bad cole slaw. Lots of early cbid cigars were absolutely terrible.

On the flipside, I have had many, many cigars that I very much enjoyed that cost $1-2 per. One man's crap may be another man's gold.

That's the worst combination of flavors Ive ever heard of to describe a cigar. I think Ill stay away from the King B.

CAO CX2...I gifted somebody the ones I received as samples after trying one of them.

Rocky Patel Winter 2009 blend

It just happened today. I was in my local tobacconist's humidor with my wife, and she picked it out for me. I saw the label and said "Rocky Patel...Should be good".

Nope not my cup o'tea. First inch was like smoking straight up burnt ash, with a little spice on top. The middle was ok, but i think it was because my taste buds were burnt from first inch. The finish was ashy and unpleasant.

I checked reviews of this cigar, just to see if maybe I got a bad one. The bad reviews that I saw described the cigar as exactly as I felt it myself. I did find some good reviews as well. But all reviews that I saw, said that the first inch was bad.

Now I am very much a newbie to the cigar world, but if this had been my first cigar, I never would have touched another cigar, ever!

My worst cigar to date was back when I first started smoking.. A 'friend' of mine brought over a humidor that he had just purchased that came filled with cigars. "Here, try one of these", he says, "It's called a Don Kiki"... I lit it up, and immediately my palate was consumed with this sulfuric, red clay sort of flavor... I couldn't draw on that cigar for more than a quarter inch before I threw it half way into the street... disgusting.

Mine just happened today as well...

Gurkha 1887 Red Rothchild

Wrapper began to peel after cut...and when lighting small pieces fell in my mouth
No noticeable flavors at all...just smelled and tasted like smoke
Burn was horrible...on side stayed untouched while the other burned pretty fast
Made my mouth super dry...and left an ashy taste in my mouth
Tried to give it a chance but threw it away about half-way through...what a waste of money ($10 at my local shop)

I too am a newbie and dont have much to compare it to...but I do know that I wont be trying that one again

Not sure the absolute worst ever but the AVO 09 LE I had yesterday sucked. Tasted like a cheapo piece of..... the base line 4 dollar JDN is far better. And the thing cost 16 bucks. Bla