• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

Picked up a Mitcher's 10yo . Opened it up and had a glass. Damn good bourbon. Not quite worth the price tag IMHO but, damn good bourbon none the less. I'll give it some time to breath as it has potential. Either way, It will be enjoyed.

69DF70DC-3E09-4324-92BC-F9CF6230C63B.jpeg
My good friend from the east coast came to visit and brought along a stowaway. Now, I’m allergic to pecans...but momma didn’t raise no whiner. This was good...painful...but good.

Too woody in its scent, kinda bitter when sipped in mouthful but I like the hint of sweet and tangy aftertaste.

It’s always Jack Black label and water for me with hmmm stainless steel whiskey stones mmmmmm sooooo gooood

Highland Park Viking Honour. It's basically their 12 year old, repackaged. Spiffy bottle.

Tastes like Orkney. Ocean, smoky peat, heather honey. Nice dram.

~Boar

I've haven't anything better to do today, so I had a boiler maker after lunch. Smuttynose Finest Kind IPA and Bulliet Rye.

Doc

Yesterday, I went to the liquor store with the intent of buying a rye I haven't tried yet. There's a lot to choose from nowadays. So I've been wanting to try Crown Royal Northern Harvest. It's reasonably priced so I brought a bottle home. I can't recommend it to the seasoned whiskey drinker. There's nothing wrong with it, but there isn't anything great about it either. Simply put, it has no complexity.
I might recommend this to someone who doesn't normally drink whiskey or use it as a mixer. So for those reasons, there's a place in the bar for it.

Doc

Last edited:
Yesterday, I went to the liquor store with the intent of buying a rye I haven't tried yet. There's a lot to choose from nowadays. So I've been wanting to try Crown Royal Northern Harvest. It's reasonably priced so I brought a bottle home. I can't recommend it to the seasoned whiskey drinker. There's nothing wrong with it, but there isn't anything great about it either. Simply put, it has no complexity.
I might recommend this to someone who doesn't normally drink whiskey or use it as a mixer. So for those reasons, there's a place in the bar for it.

Doc
If you can find it and haven't tried it, I recommend Pikesville.