• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

Trying the Zacapa now. I wanted an even comparison so I’m trying this one neat as well. Definitely smoother. Honestly, and I hope I don’t piss off any rum aficionados here, but this share a few characteristics with cognac. The flavors are very bright and it’s not near as sweet as the Bumbu. I can’t say one is better than the other, but I like them both for different reasons.
AB677BA8-A51A-4261-A6C1-6583E3B41267.jpeg

Trying the Zacapa now. I wanted an even comparison so I’m trying this one neat as well. Definitely smoother. Honestly, and I hope I don’t piss off any rum aficionados here, but this share a few characteristics with cognac. The flavors are very bright and it’s not near as sweet as the Bumbu. I can’t say one is better than the other, but I like them both for different reasons.
View attachment 32425
2 wins??!!

View attachment 32425

I think the cognac similarity is due to the Solera cask in which it was aged. By the way if you want to learn more about rum check our rum ratings.com.

The bottle of cognac I finished off months ago was giving me nuances of raisins, dark fruits, and subtle brown sugar, which are all flavors I'd expect from rum as well. So I can understand the cognac/rum comparison.

The GF and I are huge fans of Breaking Bad, and as a result, also of Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul, the two main actors. When I saw that they created their own mezcal, I sought out and bought a bottle. I don't have much experience with mezcal. Really just sampling some of my buddy's mezcal flight he ordered at a Mexican spot we were at in Vegas is about the extent of it.

So Total Wine hosted a Dos Hombres tasting this evening with both Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul mixing drinks. I decided it was time to open the bottle and take a taste. It's pretty good. I dig it. The smokiness isn't too overdone and there's also some sweetness to it.