• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What wine did you drink today?

For the moment my wife has settled on the Apolloni Pinot Noir Rose as her "go to" wine. I'm a huge fan of just about anything Willamette Valley so I enjoy it with her. I had a couple of glasses last night watching Shark Tank!

Last edited:
Ice wines are fairly popular in these parts. Not really my thing as I typically stick to the drier side of the spectrum. I have never struggled to find plenty of options for reds from Michigan.
I've also found some very pleasant Michigan wines! Currently my favorite wineries are Round Barn and Tabor Hill. I have to head back and do some sampling to stock up for the summer from last years vintage and grow my appreciation for other Michigan wineries!

I'm particularly in love with Round Barn because they not only produce great wines but also great beers and spirits. I highly recommend their Catharsis - an Imperial Russian Stout aged in bourbon barrels from their own bourbon production. I just saw that they now offer it in bottles, having only previously served it by the glass at their Round Barn Public House in Baroda, MI. I have to find out where I can locate it!!!

And if you're anywhere near Three Oaks, MI - plan to stop by Journeyman's Distillery. Their factory tour is by far one of the best I've been on. Really enjoyed the tour as well as the food and libations at their restaurant.

Had friends over the other day and some serious wine damage was done. This one was the first. My first time trying orange wine. From Koehnen Winery. While the style was new to me the taste was entirely familiar. If you've ever had a saison or other mildly sour beer this would have been right in the same ballpark.

Attachments

• 20210530_184514.jpg
    20210530_184514.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 4
Very sad, he was the 2nd guy from the boards that I actually had a cigar with.
Never got to. Tried to get together with Doug when we flew down to the Daytona to get a rental car and drive to the Keys. We couldn’t make it work. That was still fresh in my head when Nick @kann stood me up in Brussels. I gave him a hard time about it. Now you know why Nick. 😉

It's never a bargain ordering wine at a bar or restaurant. I usually have a very hard time justifying it. Why spend $14 on one glass when I can get the whole bottle for maybe $25? But, well, sometimes you just gotta splurge.