• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whatcha Smokin' Lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devin, good choice with the UTS, should last you through almost the entire card.Started today with a Upmann Suprema #4 from 1995, then a Punch Corojo Pita, a Bolivar Fuerte DC, a JR Belicoso Cabinet and a Punch Punch(ISOM).

Saturday night I went to hear a couple of friends pick on their guitars and took with me a Partagas Serie D #4 gifted/traded to me by a generous ASCer. The music was fine and the cigar delightful. Beginning mild and building in intensity, the cigar burned clean with firm, dark ash. Hints of melon in the smoke produced by a firm yet smooth draw.

Listening to Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" while enjoying a Perdomo Maduro Reserve, with some fine Port that was gifted to me by a very generous CP member. Thank you, my friend! A new experience for me.

Just got back from taking my daughter to the state 4-H camp for the week. Three and a half hour drive over to the camp, three and a half back. As I drove away from the camp lit up a Esperanza Torp that had been sitting in the humidor for over two years, delicious. Then burned a Punch Corojo Rothchild and finally an Aristoff Cameroon 700S Perfecto. Finished that one just as I pulled into the driveway.

I smoked a Hoyo d Monterey, Natural, after lunch today. It was probably 5 years old. I used to buy these by the box and smoke them for an everyday stogie. The first third had very little flavor at all. The second third had a pleasant "toast" flavor, which is like cardboard but with  a little more taste. LOL :shocked: When the toast flavor subsided - it basically ran out of gas, and I tossed it...not a nubber. I seem to remember these cigars being better in the past. Isn't is amazing how much our tastes can change over the years? After smoking more and more isoms, Padron, Opus X, etc. - the really mild cigars just pale by comparison after awhile. I don't know if that is getting spoiled or just having more mature tastes as a smoker. LOL ;) "My wife said that either the cigars go - or she goes. I sure am going to miss her." :biggrin:

LMAO @ Wolfman and Sam the Man!! Yo, Sam, did that toast have butter or Jelly on it??!!!

Smoked a SLR PC (ISOM) after lunch. Anybody else like these besides me?Decided since it was Sunday, that it was time for a "Sunday smoke." Reached in my humidor and got, what I thought was a Paron Magnum Maduro. After I got it lit I found that it was a Paron Anniversay Maduro "A" (#854824) :) Easy to light, white ash, BLUE smoke, even burn, mild taste. Not as good as the Magnum Maduro. I'd rate it about an 85. Needs more FLAVOR! Any Macanudo, Dunhill, or lover of mild cigars would love it though! :)Smoke 'em if you've got 'em! :)

Had a nice H. Upmann #2 this weekend and a alomost 6 year old Ramon Allones PC. Both very nice.

Smoked a ERDM 1848 yesterday. Two hour plus smoke, great flavor down to the nub with an even burn. I had forgotten how good a natural wrapper ERDM was. Nice way to spend a beautiful evening out on the deck.

yeah, this thread will never end because it's all about the one thing we really all do have in common...well, MY deck is covered with all kinds of casing, trim, & crown molding for my never-ending den renovation. i spent the day out there staining away and smoked a couple of my current work around the house cigars, a punch rare corojo rothschild & a drew estates natural root.

Well, I am about to light up a xXx and relax for the night.

Lately Ive been smoking Honduran Las Cabrillas #400's, some Onyx reserves, and Domican Cohiba robustos.

Are the Onyx Reserves any good? I saw a couple of cigar reviews that rated these very highly. I have one of these that I just bought this weekend, but haven't tried it yet. How are those cigars, in your opinion?

To be honest, the Onyx reserves I would have to say is my favorite cigar lately. Nice peppery taste, great draw, and even burn. I put em up there with the top cigars, and the Onyx cigar is considered a top brand anyway. For the price you wont find a better cigar. I got a box of 20 for &#3650 on JR's website. The other brands that are on the same level as them (Cohiba, Dunhill, Ashton) you will never find that cheap. Ill be sure to send a few your way on the next pass.

Havin' a Mad Connie9 and coffee for the morning get it going...what's your morning smoke?JerryG

i'm about to have a la aurora petit beli. i'll smoke these in the mornings occasionally. (i've been eyeballing the onyx reserves too, but haven't tried yet either)

Stop eyeballin, and try; lol. They are good for sure. But again, thats just my two cents.

yeah, i'll most likely get around to trying them sooner or later. i'll probably find one in the monthly cigar sampler i get from one of the shops i deal with one of these days.had a ryj pc last nite and i'm off to have a c.a.o. cameroon churchill and get back to my den project.... still working on trim & molding and some of the ceramic tile's down.

Status
Not open for further replies.