• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today? 2013

H&H Anny Cake - good yet simple va.

Last two nights I've enjoyed some Escudo Navy Deluxe in my cobb out on the patio.  Great smoke with a year of age on it.  If you really enjoy VaPer this is a good one, lots of pepper and what I like to describe as a dried fruit type of flavor.  I've also got the packing down pretty well on this one.  Fold n' stuff.

Some 5 yr old Dark Star in a MM cob for me and Blue Mountain in a Grant Batson for the wife on this gorgeous night!

A bowl of Lane Limited LEO for me and a bowl of Dark Star for the wife today. Oh, how I love fall weather!

'08 Escudo in a GBD Brunette. Wow!

Now that it's fall, I think that today I'll break out some Samuel Gawith Full Virginian flake.

I pulled the trigger on some Drew Estate Grand Central. 

chiefmd said:

I just bought the Drew Estate Cavendish and blonde. They smell great. Cant wait to try them.

I liked the smell of most of the DE stuff. The Meat Pie and one other (don't remember the name) did not appeal to me at all. It had the scent of potpourri.

searsa1 said:

I just bought the Drew Estate Cavendish and blonde. They smell great. Cant wait to try them.

I liked the smell of most of the DE stuff. The Meat Pie and one other (don't remember the name) did not appeal to me at all. It had the scent of potpourri.

This is why I have been reluctant to pull the trigger on some of the DE stuff.  I fear it is based on my experience with Acids.  Maybe i'll have to take the plunge eventually.

bluue13 said:

This is why I have been reluctant to pull the trigger on some of the DE stuff.  I fear it is based on my experience with Acids.  Maybe i'll have to take the plunge eventually.

I have had the chance to smell all of them (minus Gilded Age Reserve of course), and the tin note on all of them isn't bad at all.  All of them are aromatics minus the Meat Pie and Gilded Age Reserve.  The Meat Pie is an English mixture and isn't a bad smoke, but not sure it's much different than a lot of other English blends.  The Gilded Age Reserve is a straight VA, but it hasn't been released yet due to some manufacturing issue I think.  They are all produced by Scandanvian Tobacco Group and from what I understand they are processed like all other pipe tobaccos, not "infused" like DE's Acid cigars.  Definitely no floraly stuff going on with them that I detected.

nismo270r said:

I have had the chance to smell all of them (minus Gilded Age Reserve of course), and the tin note on all of them isn't bad at all.  All of them are aromatics minus the Meat Pie and Gilded Age Reserve.  The Meat Pie is an English mixture and isn't a bad smoke, but not sure it's much different than a lot of other English blends.  The Gilded Age Reserve is a straight VA, but it hasn't been released yet due to some manufacturing issue I think.  They are all produced by Scandanvian Tobacco Group and from what I understand they are processed like all other pipe tobaccos, not "infused" like DE's Acid cigars.  Definitely no floraly stuff going on with them that I detected.

After reading the post Chris made I wanted to clarify my statement on the Drew Estate pipe tobacco as I could have come off the wrong way. I didn't mean to imply that DE was doing the infusion thing with the pipe tobacco. I am not big on the English blends (I say that as I sit here puffing on some Dunhill Nightcap). What I meant to say was one of the DE blends came across as a bit strong on the aromatic side for me. That being said I am about 6 bowls into the DE Grand Central and am very pleased with the blend. I also picked up a 50g tin of Orlik Golden Sliced and I find that I could rock this stuff out all day long. The scent of raisins and/or figs when I first cracked open the tin made me want to take a shot at stuffing some of it into my pie hole!

searsa1 said:
After reading the post Chris made I wanted to clarify my statement on the Drew Estate pipe tobacco as I could have come off the wrong way. I didn't mean to imply that DE was doing the infusion thing with the pipe tobacco. I am not big on the English blends (I say that as I sit here puffing on some Dunhill Nightcap). What I meant to say was one of the DE blends came across as a bit strong on the aromatic side for me. That being said I am about 6 bowls into the DE Grand Central and am very pleased with the blend. I also picked up a 50g tin of Orlik Golden Sliced and I find that I could rock this stuff out all day long. The scent of raisins and/or figs when I first cracked open the tin made me want to take a shot at stuffing some of it into my pie hole!

I was actually hoping the DE pipe tobacco line was going to be infused (with each blend's respective flavors, not the Acid line type stuff) to see how a different process would change the end product. What are you thoughts on Nightcap since you're not big on English?  I see you're in my neck of the woods! if you want to meet up sometime, shoot me a PM and I can bring you some samples of different blends to try out. English, Aro, VaPer, VA, whatever you want to try. :D

Perhaps a review of some of the DE stuff would be great for the new "Pipe tobacco reviews" forum!   :thumbs:

'

nismo270r said:

I was actually hoping the DE pipe tobacco line was going to be infused (with each blend's respective flavors, not the Acid line type stuff) to see how a different process would change the end product. What are you thoughts on Nightcap since you're not big on English?  I see you're in my neck of the woods! if you want to meet up sometime, shoot me a PM and I can bring you some samples of different blends to try out. English, Aro, VaPer, VA, whatever you want to try. :D

Chris I will take you up on the offer at a later time if that is alright as work is doing its best to put me in an early grave right now. I did so so with the Nightcap. It is definitely a change of pace for me. I thought it was good and I will have more. It is just not a daily smoker in my book as of yet. 

Right on, just hit me up whenever!

Past couple days I've been trying out the following from some samples I got in a swap with bluue13:

Fairmorn Sterling Balkan
McClelland Christmas Cheer 2012
Davidoff Sweet Mixture No. 3
Hearth & Home Sweet & Savory

Bowl of 5 year old McClelland's 221B Series Arcadia tonight...always a nice, smooth smoke!