• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
McClelland Yenidje Supreme mixed with Rose of Latakia whilst enjoying a cacophony of birdsong on the porch. :thumbs:

Steve

just had my first bowl of butternut burley! It was lovely! I would say it's the best aromatic I have had so far. Very subtle, and multi-dimensional.

Another bowl of Cairo - a hit! :thumbs:

Pease Haddo's Delight - the only other Pease blend I've tried besides Cairo.

Pease brother! ;)

Besides great flavor, I enjoy Pease blends because they burn great with little bite.

Tried Golden One from a local B&M in Indy (not really local, but you get the point) Started off like a bad cigar, but mellowed and had a wonderful middle and end of the bowl. Very hard to describe, but the aftertase reminded me of Werthers carmel type. Interesting smoke as it was my first pipe that seemed to change and had lots of character. I guess if I get away from PA and CH I'll find out what the good stuff is like!

Andy

This weekend while at the Lake House with friends (theirs not ours) I smoked several bowls of Frog Morton, Maltese Falcon, Butternut Burley, and a couple of cigars.

What a great weekend of fishing, smoking, drinking, and grilling. :)

This weekend while at the Lake House with friends (theirs not ours) I smoked several bowls of Frog Morton, Maltese Falcon, Butternut Burley, and a couple of cigars.

have you ever gone to hell's kitchen in duluth? My cousin is one of the co-owners.

this past weekend I had:

McClelland: 2025 - English Cavendish - Not sure I liked this, had a weird metallic, off taste. I will give it a few more bowls to see if my opinion changes
Penzance - lovely as always
Butternut Burley - still no complaints.
Samuel Gawith: Navy Flake - Really interesting flavor. I have never had a navy flake, and I enjoyed it.

have you ever gone to hell's kitchen in duluth? My cousin is one of the co-owners.

this past weekend I had:

McClelland: 2025 - English Cavendish - Not sure I liked this, had a weird metallic, off taste. I will give it a few more bowls to see if my opinion changes
Samuel Gawith: Navy Flake - Really interesting flavor. I have never had a navy flake, and I enjoyed it.

We tend to avoid the downtown and Canal Park area during the summer. It's too damn crowded and parking is really bad. It's on our list for a visit this fall/winter. There's pretty good buzz surrounding it up here.

this past weekend I had:

We tend to avoid the downtown and Canal Park area during the summer. It's too damn crowded and parking is really bad. It's on our list for a visit this fall/winter. There's pretty good buzz surrounding it up here.

understandable, let me know if you ever go, I'd love to hear your thoughts! I had a blast in Minnesota last weekend, definitely a state I could see myself living in at some point in my life.

McBaren Vanilla Cream is my most recent tin. I usually go to the local shop and pick up different flavors to make my own blend. But if you havn't tried the vanilla cream, it's worth a shot. One of my favs.

My new favorite, Rattray's Red Raparree in my Wessex Poker. This is amazing tobacco. It has that great cigar finish to it.

gallery_1871_761_32196.jpg

My new favorite, Rattray's Red Raparree in my Wessex Poker. This is amazing tobacco. It has that great cigar finish to it.

classy looking pipe.

Thanks. It's my favorite pipe look-wise. It smokes good, but the bowl is deep and some tobaccos don't taste as good as in a smaller bowl.

do you notice a difference in the way it packs? I have never smoked/packed a bowl like that. I always thought they look super sharp though

Had a bowl of Frog Morton on the town, not sure what to think as it was my first introduction to Latakia.

Had a bowl of Frog Morton on the town, not sure what to think as it was my first introduction to Latakia.
I've quickly tipped to the other end of that equation - Latakia burnout. :D After smoking many of the Dunhills(most are English/Latakia blends), and several McClelland English/Turkish blends, I now enjoy an ABSENCE of Latakia.

I smoked another bowl of the Peretti #111(my fourth) and now I'm a fan. But it's not an everyday smoke, IMO. The deer tongue is too intense for me to handle on a regular basis. But it's a very interesting blend and opened my eyes to both the fact that there is much yet to experience AND I don't want to get stuck on any particular blend - like English. Keep exploring because there is a nearly infinite variety of blends to discover. :thumbs:

Steve

Just finished a bowl of Magnum Blend. Dan Boswell calls it a light English.

I am about to light up a bowl of Frog Morton on the Town on the back deck- a warm summer night....ahhhhhhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.