• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
McClelland #22 in the Stanwell OUTSIDE. :)

I've been smoking Barclay-Rex Maiden Lane for a few weeks now (among others) and I really like it. It has become my everyday blend. The best part is, it gets better as it gets dryer. I'll have to pick up some more soon.

Today I smoked some in my most comfortable and best smoker, a Graco rusticated.

Well, the nice weather turned to chilly again but praise Allah I can smoke inside. Last night I tried a blend a friend put together he named Fangorn Forest. Very nice and will age well, I believe. It's an English blend but light on the latakia with a good amount of Izmir. Even so, the only way I can truly enjoy latakia anymore is with a few years of age on it.

This morning I packed the Stanwell with Pease Cairo. Remains one of my favorite blends.

Steve

I just got some C&D Izmir and while jarring it winged a blend. About 5 parts #5100 Red, 3 parts Izmir, 1 part McConnell Latakia, and 1 part Drama. Smooth and spicy! :)

This morning I folded 2 strips of Penzance in half, then folded it again and gently slid it down into my Wessex poker (shown below). The crumbs went on top. It was a perfect pack and it smoked great through out the day. I just finished it on the way home from Herfing with some fellow CPer's.

Now I know how to smoke this stuff. :thumbs:
tn_gallery_1871_761_32196.jpg

Boswell Pennsylvania Dutch Treat...

Damn its good! :thumbs:

5 parts HOTW, 2 C&D Izmir, 2 H&H Anny Kake, 1/2 part Partagas cigar leaf, 1/2 part McConnell Syrian Latakia in the Falcon. I liked this blend very much. But I think it could benefit from some burley in place of some of the HOTW.

Friday I finally got the VaPer right. My bowl lasted over 2 hours with few relights and I got great flavors that I hadn't in the past. Add a small bowl of Old Dublin and it was a great smoking day.

I smoked a bowl Butera's Royal Vintage Latakia no.1 (2004 can)

I'm just using my Duca Carlo author.

yum

FMOTT. Nording Apple. Really enjoying this. It's been awhile and a nice end to the evening.

St Bruno's in a group 3 Dunhill shell bulldog

Red Ribbon in a Savinelli natural billiard

I found a mixture that a enjoy but have difficulty duplicating. I had about two bowls left of 5100/Izmir base, 3 to 2. Then I dumped the partial-bowl-leftovers of Odyssey, McConnell Scottish Flake, and Carter Hall with good pinch of cigar leaf! :D

I almost wish it wasn't so tasty! The Latakia\cigar\burley taste was the part I think dominated.

I also enjoyed a bowl of McC #24 from '99 in the Stanwell. Sweet and nutty - lots of sugar crystals.

I found a mixture that a enjoy but have difficulty duplicating. I had about two bowls left of 5100/Izmir base, 3 to 2. Then I dumped the partial-bowl-leftovers of Odyssey, McConnell Scottish Flake, and Carter Hall with good pinch of cigar leaf! :D

I almost wish it wasn't so tasty! The Latakia\cigar\burley taste was the part I think dominated.

I also enjoyed a bowl of McC #24 from '99 in the Stanwell. Sweet and nutty - lots of sugar crystals.

You do more blending than GL Pease!! :thumbs: Keep these coming, I hope to try them some day.

This morning was some Frog Morton in a Karl Erik freehand - pretty bland, but okay for a morning smoke. This afternoon while taking a break from Daddy duty with my 4-week old, I enjoyed some SG FVF in a Savinelli Tundra panelled apple (shape 699 I believe). Paired with a cold Guinness, this really hit the spot. :love:

4 to 1 Carter Hall and McConnell Syrian Latakia. After enjoying a bowl in the Stanwell I thought I'd try the same thing with other components but found the base the best. Sweet without cloying and unique!

1 pt McConnell Syrian Latakia, 2 pts C&D Izmir, 4 pts C&D Exhausted Rooster. The Rooster reminds me of Carter Hall with perique added. Since I know I like burley and latakia, I thought a bit of Izmir might add balance to the two flavors. I don't know about all that but I did like it very much and that's all that matters! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.