• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peretti Cuban Mixture in the Stanwell Reserve. Nutty combo of burley, VAs, and cigar leaf with a few condiment tobaccos in very small doses. One of my favorite Peretti blends!

Peretti Park Square at sunrise with the birds singing their little hearts out. :)

Had some burley kake in a bekler reverse claw today.

IMG_1143.jpg

Just finished a bowl of G.L. Pease' Union Square in a vintage Kaywoodie Flame Grain bent billiard. It was my first bowl of the blend and the first time I've smoked the pipe. Both pipe and baccy were very impressive. While I'm not ready to say that Union Square will replace FVF as my go to Virginia, it was a great smoke. Very earthy with a pure tobacco taste, not tart or sweet like some Virginias. Greg has a winner with this one. :thumbs:

I must say that the Kaywoodie smoked every bit as well as the Dunhills I have. I will definitely be on the prowl for a few more Kaywoodies.

Day off with a broken toe so might as well smoke some bowls and enjoy the beautiful weather. I got a few new blends to sample, too.

Started with G&H Best Brown Flake in the Stanwell Reserve. This blend is new to me and different from any other blend I've tried as yet. Tastes like VA but has a subtle difference I can't put my finger on but like. Complex and will take a few more bowls before I can put it into words. Only negative was a soapy flavor for the first minute but it went away.

G&H Curly Cut in the Stanwell after dinner. I liked this but not as much as Best Brown. Once again, very different to my experience.

Ended the day with a simple bowl of FMOTT. :)

Carter Hall in a Lord Jeff billiard. Don't know who makes it, but a pretty nice pipe for the price. Made in England, nicely grained, comfortable stem, no visible fills and only a few bucks more than a Dr. Grabow. Picked it up as an estate pipe, but it has barely been smoked from what I can tell. Oh yeah, the CH was pretty tasty.

Some great blends being smoked in some great pipes. I need to find the time to enjoy a bowl soon.

I finally tried a couple G&H blends and these two, Brown Flake and Curly Cut, have a soapy taste that I find very distracting. Humectant, I guess.

Ended the day with Yenidje Supreme in the Stanwell Reserve. Superb, as usual. :)

Steve

I finally tried a couple G&H blends and these two, Brown Flake and Curly Cut, have a soapy taste that I find very distracting. Humectant, I guess.

Ended the day with Yenidje Supreme in the Stanwell Reserve. Superb, as usual. :)

Steve
I got that same kind of taste with the G&H blends I've smoked (Ennerdale and Kendal Flakes). I just wrote it off as the "Lakeland" characteristic of the tobaccos. They taste like hand lotion to me.

The quality of the leaf was superb, but that flavor just didn't agree with me.

I just tried C&D Riverboat Gambler and I love it! An unpretentious blend in the vein of Old Joe Krantz and Haunted Bookshop but even better, IMO. Great for humid weather as it's naturally on the dry side and very tasty. :)

I just tried C&D Riverboat Gambler and I love it! An unpretentious blend in the vein of Old Joe Krantz and Haunted Bookshop but even better, IMO. Great for humid weather as it's naturally on the dry side and very tasty. :)

Riverboat Gambler is on my "must try" list as well so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Lately I've been mostly smoking VA's, Vapers and burleys, but for the past two days I jumped back into the English world with some Dunhill 965 and G.L. Pease Maltese Falcon. This morning I fired up some Carter Hall while walking the dogs, very refreshing. Later I think I'm going back to VA's with some FVF and maybe Union Square to cap off the evening. It's going to be a good pipe day I'm thinking. :cool:

Well, I was mistaken. No VA's so far, it's been nothing but burley. Yesterday evening was two cobs full of PA while putting together a gazebo on the patio. This morning was a bowl of Barbary Coast in a Savinelli Standing pipe followed by another cob of PA. Damn, that PA is beautiful in a cob. :love:

Peretti Cuban Mixture in the Stanwell Reserve. Nutty combo of burley, VAs, and cigar leaf with a few condiment tobaccos in very small doses. One of my favorite Peretti blends!

Ive been hearing some good things about this blend. Im going to add it to my must try list for my next TAD order! :thumbs:

Tonight, I had a cob of Night Train, with a generous poor of Glenfiddich with one ice cube. The sun was setting and it's beautiful outside on my deck. With the ice cube almost melted, the Glenfiddich 12 was delicious and went perfectly with the Night Train. Darn good way to end the day. :)

Before work was a bowl of Escudo in my new Nording Freehand.

Then at work was...

Boswells best in Boswell Classic Swirl Sitter
Frog Morton On the Town in a Boswell rusticated poker
Boswell's Dan's Blend in a Boswell Shotshell Freehand
Then a bowl of Dunhill Standard Mixture Medium in my Boswell Author.

I love my Boswell's, but I am very glad I got a Nording this time. I am going to have to start adding some more Non Boswell pipes to my rotation. Hopefully a Dunhill before too long.
B

Status
Not open for further replies.