• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Creamed spinach, roasted red pepper, slow roasted beef tenderloin, duck egg yolk raviolo, wild mushrooms, pearl onion and tomato confit, and duck bacon; finished with truffle butter. This might be the best single plate of flavor I've ever made!

IMG_8060.jpg

A nice homemade Bolognese with Penne (my son's favorite Pasta). Although, I do have some fantastic imported Bronze Die Tagliatelli.

Had a cassolet that had duck confit, pork belly and sausage for the meats, very tasty indeed, should have taken a picture next time I will. 

Pork loin with Cuban mojo, Morros y Cristianos (Black beans and Rice).

Beef and bean Pork Green Chile smothered deluxe burrito, a Colorado and New Mexico delicacy! My own recipe adapted from my mother in law's with some tweaks.
4345f0336b6f36e78d5fa09e8cd8b1b9.jpg

Should have taken a couple of photos but didn't sautéed some flat chicken breasts white wine, capers lemon taragon. roasted Brussel sprouts with garlic and wild rice pilaf.

golfgar said:
Should have taken a couple of photos but didn't sautéed some flat chicken breasts white wine, capers lemon taragon. roasted Brussel sprouts with garlic and wild rice pilaf.
Sounds excellent!

We had a potluck at work before July 4th, and I have a reputation of always making something with bacon in it.  (Go figure!)  In the past I've done candied bacon, bacon pie, crispy pork belly, etc.  

I did some digging around for ideas of how to combine bacon with watermelon and ended up with this little gem:  I called them watermelon bacon bites.

11659417_10206014628021939_2635878302381365845_n.jpg

I found a nice ripe watermelon and cut it up into cubes.  Then I cut the rind up into similar sized squares, and cut off all the flesh and the peel.  I made a quick pickle with cider vinegar, fresh ginger, a cinnamon stick and a couple of fresh jalapenos.  This was the first thing I ever pickled, but it won't be the last.  The pickled rind is awesome by itself.  I baked some thick maple bacon, and cut it into squares after it had cooled.  Assembly was a matter of stacking up the watermelon cube, a rind pickle, bacon square, then top it with some fresh basil and put a toothpick through it all.  They were a huge hit at work!  The heat from the pickled rind is tempered nicely with the sugar in the watermelon, and the bacon just adds another dimension to it.  Total time to make a whole watermelon's worth was about 2 hrs start to finish.  This will be my go-to party dish this summer.

I need to make up some martinis and serve these in them instead of an olive!

This was breakfast today . . . .

11239618_10207284305775755_2005851366097901103_n.jpg

Dinner was a teriyaki chicken, fresh peach and slivered asparagus pizza on a naan bread crust.

11855803_10207286419228590_6321360989966242110_n.jpg

~Boar

Nihon_Ni said:
We had a potluck at work before July 4th, and I have a reputation of always making something with bacon in it.  (Go figure!)  In the past I've done candied bacon, bacon pie, crispy pork belly, etc.  

I did some digging around for ideas of how to combine bacon with watermelon and ended up with this little gem:  I called them watermelon bacon bites.

11659417_10206014628021939_2635878302381365845_n.jpg

I found a nice ripe watermelon and cut it up into cubes.  Then I cut the rind up into similar sized squares, and cut off all the flesh and the peel.  I made a quick pickle with cider vinegar, fresh ginger, a cinnamon stick and a couple of fresh jalapenos.  This was the first thing I ever pickled, but it won't be the last.  The pickled rind is awesome by itself.  I baked some thick maple bacon, and cut it into squares after it had cooled.  Assembly was a matter of stacking up the watermelon cube, a rind pickle, bacon square, then top it with some fresh basil and put a toothpick through it all.  They were a huge hit at work!  The heat from the pickled rind is tempered nicely with the sugar in the watermelon, and the bacon just adds another dimension to it.  Total time to make a whole watermelon's worth was about 2 hrs start to finish.  This will be my go-to party dish this summer.

I need to make up some martinis and serve these in them instead of an olive!

I think those look very nice with great curb appeal!

Made a brisket on the Weber, sort of slow cooked with hickory smoke chips and lump charcoal for about 6 hours on the Weber. Indirect low heat with a homeade rub. My wife thought it a bit spicy (too much cayenne pepper for her) but not me I thought it was nice.

View media item 11394

Last edited:
Going to rotisserie a chicken this evening. Thinking parmesan/bacon wrapped asparagus and mashed tater's for sides.

Made my famous 5 layer Lasagna for New Years day... It was marvelous...

lasagna_zpsb6823bne.png