• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

ironpeddler said:
T-Bone, rare, with a tri-colored pepper salsa...

TBonewithPepperSalsa_zpsb7479f1d.jpg

Its 10:30am and my mouth is now watering... Thank's Gary

Mmmmm meat.
I thought of this when seeing this most delicious specimen.

http://youtu.be/dN_UmpAiw6k

Philly cheese steaks with shrooms, peppers, onions and green chile.

Cedar Plank Salmon.  A perk of living in the PACNW.

5F01B12A-45D6-44EC-9813-F81F9C6FF47C_zpsmjzuoki1.jpg

Good stuff there Dom, I was thinking of ordering some Indian candy and double smoked salmon from the interwebs.

Made from scratch pancakes, Eggs, Applewood Bacon, Sausage links, small Ham Steak, Cheese Grits, White and Rye Toast, and a Press Pot of Sumatra Red Badger Coffee! Have enough bacon left over to do a serious sandwich upgrade later in the day.

MadMonk said:
Made from scratch pancakes, Eggs, Applewood Bacon, Sausage links, small Ham Steak, Cheese Grits, White and Rye Toast, and a Press Pot of Sumatra Red Badger Coffee! Have enough bacon left over to do a serious sandwich upgrade later in the day.

WTF?...did you have the 7th Infantry over for breakfast? 

ironpeddler said:

WTF?...did you have the 7th Infantry over for breakfast? 

Heh! No. Just cook a little of each of the meats on on the griddle, portion and refrigerate or freeze the rest. Pancakes are so damned good you can eat them the next day and still better than fresh made box mixes, even right out of the fridge. In addition, my boy is now 10, and he eats as much, or more, than I do.

I smoked some Steelhead a few weeks ago and froze portions. I'm making a smoked steelhead corn chowder tonight. I made a chashu miso ramen last night with the some of the remaining smoked pork loin  I made.

Dinner last night, lunch today. Baja style beer battered fish tacos. Tilapia and salmon with lime, cilantro, onion, shredded cabbage, salsa verde, queso fresco, crema and mayo sauce.

You can find the recipe at foodnetwork of by googling Marcella Valladolid baja style fish tacos. I do t use a negra(dark)beer. I use dos Equis lager.

Slow cooked pork roast with applewood & brown sugar rub, shaved. Broccoli rabe, blanched in chicken stock, then sauteed in olive oil and garlic...with sliced sharp provolone cheese melted on top....all on a fresh, crispy Italian roll...

Fugetaboutit!

79ff5fff-0159-4936-8cdd-d5efbe3a6e8a_zps9ff3b828.jpg

Its 7am and I already want dinner looking at the pics above.  Ceasar, is it a home made queso fresco and crema?    

I ain't that crazy. El Mexicano brand, my personal preference as I find cacique or other brands too salty or not the right flavor for my liking. I would need fresh cream from the dairy along with enzymes and such to get down with crema and queso from scratch. The crema is sour cream. You can use regular old sour cream if you can't find Mexican products easily, mix with lime juice and mayo for fish taco sauce. Recipe for that is also at food network under baja style fish tacos by Marcella Valladolid.

My Marinara is almost done. I'll be making a sort of palate slapping fried pasta dish which is a very old Italian/American recipe that my family got from our favorite Pizzeria/Ristorante when I was a child. Doing it with some real decent Italian Sausage from "The Fresh Market".  My son loves it.

Also, for my lunch/snack I had some Smokey Mountain Beer Cheese. I bought a 4 tub (8oz each) variety sampler. I opened the basic/original one, and I have to say it was delicious. The beer flavor is perfect, and they added some seasoning which is very complimentary with a slight zing which kept it interesting and made it addictive. Very flavorful.

It is also very spreadable, so you could dress bread with it vice Mayo, etc.