• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

I made lunch for everyone at work yesterday featuring venison that a coworker gave me from a recent hunt. I decided to pair it with beet root purée but I also wanted to do something with the greens. Reaching back to some of the things I've learned from Chef Majk, I made a beet green purée using beet greens, leeks, spinach, garlic and vegetable stock. I was happy with the results. The dish was sous vide venison round roast, dual purées of beet root and beet greens, with blueberry sauce. 2022-11-05 19.24.42.jpg

I made lunch for everyone at work yesterday featuring venison that a coworker gave me from a recent hunt. I decided to pair it with beet root purée but I also wanted to do something with the greens. Reaching back to some of the things I've learned from Chef Majk, I made a beet green purée using beet greens, leeks, spinach, garlic and vegetable stock. I was happy with the results. The dish was sous vide venison round roast, dual purées of beet root and beet greens, with blueberry sauce. View attachment 62303

That’s next level pot luck 😂

FBCC38D2-236A-4EDD-A606-F51D2967C7CE.jpegWhat is a good use of left over pork butt? Bbq sandwich is always an option, carnitas torta also, this time made Cubanos. Bread loaf, mustard, pickles, swiss, premium ham, though traditionally, most use the cheap rectangle pressed sliced stuff, and shredded pork butt. I toast the inside of the loaf, then assemble, then press using another equal sized pan, cooking pan (not pressing pan) should be buttered up for best results Dinner last night, made another fresh one for lunch today.

Last edited:
Wait! Is that Salsa Verde?

Nothing like a fresh homemade batch of Brunswick Stew to make you feel better when sick. 😍
View attachment 62722
View attachment 62724
Edited: Because I had salsa verde on the brain.
Actually just regular salsa. Everything is roasted so gives it a brown tint. But it’s phenomenal served warm. I have been using same recipe for years now. I just change hotness depending on who I am making it for.

Actually just regular salsa. Everything is roasted so gives it a brown tint. But it’s phenomenal served warm. I have been using same recipe for years now. I just change hotness depending on who I am making it for.
Gotcha! It looked just like Salsa Verde even though I didn’t see any tomatillos in there on the first picture.

Great and easy breakfast! About a 1/2 cup of blueberries. Microwave for about 30 seconds. Top with Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt (either vanilla+toasted coconut, or just vanilla). Sprinkle with cinnamon as an option. You’re welcome! 😋
image.jpg