• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

First time making posole. My mom's will always be my favorite, but for my first time making it, I'm pleased with the results.
Interesting! I never heard of it until your post. Did you make it with pork? What cuts of meat?

Interesting! I never heard of it until your post. Did you make it with pork? What cuts of meat?
My mom always makes it with chicken, so I used a couple packages of skinless boneless thighs and a package of drumsticks. Next time I think I'd add in some pork for complexity in the broth.

I was kinda catering to my fiancée's tastes, and since she's not a big fan of pork and can't handle spiciness, I toned things down. Next time, I'm adding some pork, a couple more dried chilies, and more garlic!

Miso glazed salmon over roast fingerling potatoes and white asparagus (and pomegranate).
Was really good, but I think the braised beef went better with the potatoes and asparagus than salmon did.
F9CB2DD0-25DC-4149-9C12-EB852DCE4A14.jpeg

Last edited:
Did you cook the pomegranate seeds?
I cooked them in a miso butter sauce for a little bit. Seemed to soften them a bit and make them less crunchy/bitter. Which is what I was after. I found surprisingly little online in regards to how to cook pomegranate seeds.

Tried to make Pig Shots today. Staying with the Kielbasa theme. Bacon wrapped Kielbasa with cream cheese, Flaming jack cheese, and jalapeño. Topped with a sprinkle of brown monk fruit and smoked paprika. I had to do some minor subbing. These are the few that are presentable but they all tasted great.

Attachments

• 20221219_182740.jpg
    20221219_182740.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20221219_182731.jpg
    20221219_182731.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 8
Tried to make Pig Shots today. Staying with the Kielbasa theme. Bacon wrapped Kielbasa with cream cheese, Flaming jack cheese, and jalapeño. Topped with a sprinkle of brown monk fruit and smoked paprika. I had to do some minor subbing. These are the few that are presentable but they all tasted great.

Those look delicious Joe! Proof that there's a TON of low-carb dishes to be made and enjoyed!

I'm definitely gonna add this to my low-carb sheet of meals. Is there anything specific or tricky about making it? It looks pretty straightforward..

Those look delicious Joe! Proof that there's a TON of low-carb dishes to be made and enjoyed!

I'm definitely gonna add this to my low-carb sheet of meals. Is there anything specific or tricky about making it? It looks pretty straightforward..
Guess I could have just put it all here. Doh!

Pig Shots

Polska Kielbasa Sausage

Bacon - 1 lb

cut up kielbasa into “coins” (kcal 700)

cut bacon in 1/2 (kcal 540)

roll “coins” in bacon

Mix a block of softened cream cheese (kcal 1440), cup of flaming jack cheese (kcal 340) and one diced jalapeño (kcal 26)

Put in ziplock to pipe it into “shot glass”

Top with brown monk fruit/swerve???, smoked paprika (19kcal per TB)

Oven 20 minutes at 400°

Air Fryer 10 minutes at 375°

Guess I could have just put it all here. Doh!

Pig Shots

Polska Kielbasa Sausage

Bacon - 1 lb

cut up kielbasa into “coins” (kcal 700)

cut bacon in 1/2 (kcal 540)

roll “coins” in bacon

Mix a block of softened cream cheese (kcal 1440), cup of flaming jack cheese (kcal 340) and one diced jalapeño (kcal 26)

Put in ziplock to pipe it into “shot glass”

Top with brown monk fruit/swerve???, smoked paprika (19kcal per TB)

Oven 20 minutes at 400°

Air Fryer 10 minutes at 375°

Pass this on to the wife ( where all good things happen ), and we sure as hell know what real Polish sausage is, Wardinski or Shellys In Buffalo.

Dziękuję Ci