• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

I've had some pretty good tomatoes from my garden, but the tomatoes my dad brought back from Indiana visiting my Aunt/Uncle were on a whole different level. Paired with a honey cured bacon, and honey wheat toast, hands down best and messiest BLT's ever!!
71565332214__6696ACEF-6B55-4B37-BD99-6FE5FD798E62.jpegIMG_8707.jpegIMG_8708.jpeg

@drunkfish3 doesn't post on here much, but he made some fantastic chicken thighs for the boys at Rocky Mountain Cigar Fest a couple weeks ago and I'm going to give it a go tomorrow. Here's hoping. I'll post a picture if I don't kill them, LOL. Success, thanks Chet! 1000002475.jpg

Last edited:
That qualifies as a mayo sandwich, topped with lettuce, bacon and tomatoes! 🤣
Now you know why I have a Costco membership. I love my BLT's with tomatoes and mayo making their own juice. If you don't have to change your shirt afterwards, you ain't doing it right.

Another hot day in Virginia brings another cold dinner, so I browsed for cold summer recipes. I decided on a peach, prosciutto and mozzarella sandwich, that I paired with hummus and vegetables. Mrs_Nihon loved it! It was an odd combination at first glance, but after one bite she was convinced.

View attachment 72350

recipe link
Love pairing peaches and prosciutto, and melon and prosciutto. They both pair well together.

Shrimp-stuffed salmon filet with tortellini & broccoli Cacio de Pepe. 😋

Hey, it's Friday. Eat a little fancier than usual, fire up an Opus X, watch a movie. Retired life!

View attachment 72410

~Boar
Retirement??!!???!! Well congratulations Boar!!!!! 😍

I'm a soft shell crab whore as I'm sure some of you are aware. Not everyone in my family is though, so I bought some fresh scallops for the non-believers tonight when my daughter and her boyfriend stopped in on their way to his parents for the weekend. I made soft shell crabs over Louisiana style red beans and rice for everyone tonight and went through all of them, and the pan seared scallops. Even the boyfriend who seemed a little unsure loved it!
IMG_8729.jpeg

Now you know why I have a Costco membership. I love my BLT's with tomatoes and mayo making their own juice. If you don't have to change your shirt afterwards, you ain't doing it right.
Remember when I told you that I didn't have a Costco membership because I didn't need a gallon of mayo?

I stand corrected!🤣

Hurricane Lee chased us off the Cape two days early so we decided to move our sauce making up. One tray was already mixed with olive oil, salt and pepper when I realized I hadn’t taken a photo. This will roast in the oven at 350 for 4 hours, switching shelves half way through. Once it cools we use a submersible blender, leaving some of the garlic whole, and bag it for freezing. At this time it’s really a concentrate. Mix it with a can of peeled San Marzano tomato’s and a small can of tomato paste and it’s fricken awesome.
IMG_7720.jpeg