• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

you can’t find them here anywhere. Only way to get them is online or to grow them yourself.
Next time you are in your local market ask your produces guy for them......Id be surprised if they aren't there especially this time of year............

Oh and also......Great looking oysters!

Next time you are in your local market ask your produces guy for them......Id be surprised if they aren't there especially this time of year............

Oh and also......Great looking oysters!
Oh trust me I have. We don’t get them here at all. Even at the Wegman’s grocery that seems to have all the exotic produce. We did get them at Costco once. They tasted like they were packed when unripe and by the time they got to us they were edible, but no red center, and totally lacking any flavor.

I made French Onion soup last night for dinner. I forgot how easy it is to make that dish that has such great flavor. It took 20 mins to cut up the eight onions I used, but after that, I just had to stir the pot once in a while. 2019-12-08 20.58.55.jpg

I also made lamb shanks in my Instant pot while the soup was cooking. I cooked them for 40 minutes on high pressure with two onions, a head of garlic, four tomatoes and some chicken broth. They were awesome although they didn't photograph well.

2019-12-08 21.49.35.jpg

We do this two or three time a year so you might have seen it before but this is what we did this week.........ERDM Supreme last night and Montecristo Edmondo.

Attachments

• 2BCCE8B0-3140-403F-961A-83BB6DE54EF0.jpeg
    2BCCE8B0-3140-403F-961A-83BB6DE54EF0.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 22530486-6550-4242-B591-F19F2A70A627.jpeg
    22530486-6550-4242-B591-F19F2A70A627.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 56CE56E3-6A65-4EB1-8CA6-2B634B5A2820.jpeg
    56CE56E3-6A65-4EB1-8CA6-2B634B5A2820.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 11
Nice, what kinds?
Hot Italian and Kielbasa.....We split it evenly. I walk away with 15 pounds of the Italian sausage and 10 pounds of the Kielbasa and it cost me $55 and a bottle of Bourbon. We'll be doing Bratwurst sometime early spring.

I haven't done it in a while but I made another batch of roasted red pepper sauce and added some grilled chicken thighs to it. Turned out pretty well.

That looks tasty! 😋

No pics, but poured Thai curry butternut squash soup over parsnips fried up with butter & peppered bacon. Major cold snap comfort food!

~Boar

Stouffer’s Mac n Cheese comes out the best I’ve ever had off the smoker.

Gluten Free beer battered fish tacos and onion rings.
View attachment 29114

That looks great.

I'll have to try the Stouffers. The ones I did, we got from Costco. One of the best BBQ places in town, does a smoked MacNCheese and I figured I'd try it. It was a little too dry, but other than that, it was great.

Last night I was inspired by a dish I saw in Eric Ripert's cookbook -- his halibut casserole. I already had Chilean Sea Bass at home, so I had to work around that ingredient. A few years ago, my wife got me a book called the Flavor Bible, and I took it to the grocery store looking for items to make a similar dish. My dish was pan-seared Chilean Sea Bass in a casserole of shitake and crimini mushrooms, bacon, Cipollini onions, edamame, and cranberries in a beef bone broth. I was pretty happy with the result, but I was happier with the process of creation.

43F9954C-C16F-45B7-AC24-1ED4C9B27776.jpeg