• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Very nice, John! How long did you sous vide and grill it?
I did it at 134° for 5.5 hours. Then I finished it on the grill until the internal temperature read 135°.
It was supposed to be 6 and 1/4 hours at 133°, but I started late and had to adjust.
I had the Egg at around 700°, so it didn’t take long to finish it and crisp the outside skin.

I did it at 134° for 5.5 hours. Then I finished it on the grill until the internal temperature read 135°.
It was supposed to be 6 and 1/4 hours at 133°, but I started late and had to adjust.
I had the Egg at around 700°, so it didn’t take long to finish it and crisp the outside skin.
Thanks, I'll have to try that. I thought about doing mine sous vide, but decided to go a traditional slow roast in the oven for this one.

I just put it in the oven after resting on the counter for an hour.
2020-12-25 14.28.42.jpg

225-230 till 125 internal took about 3 hours then 5 minutes in 500 degree oven for reverse sear.
That about what I did in the oven: 250 degree oven until 118 internal (about 3+ hrs), rest 30 mins, then 525 degree convection for reverse sear.

That about what I did in the oven: 250 degree oven until 118 internal (about 3+ hrs), rest 30 mins, then 525 degree convection for reverse sear.
Nice I like the smoke flavor the smoker gives. Only way I cook meatloaf also. Do them at 350 like oven.