• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Chilean sea bass with toasted capers, roasted golden beets, and herbed string beans. I thought it could have used a light sauce, but the wife thought it was good the way it was. But I bet she wouldn't have turned down a spoonful of brown butter...

If you haven't tried cooking Chilean sea bass, you really should. It's a little pricey, but it's a wonderful piece of fish. It's not very fishy, and has a very delicate texture that almost melts in your mouth. It's easy to make something good when you start with great ingredients.

View attachment 36960

What method did you use to cook the Sea Bass?

Chilean sea bass with toasted capers, roasted golden beets, and herbed string beans. I thought it could have used a light sauce, but the wife thought it was good the way it was. But I bet she wouldn't have turned down a spoonful of brown butter...

If you haven't tried cooking Chilean sea bass, you really should. It's a little pricey, but it's a wonderful piece of fish. It's not very fishy, and has a very delicate texture that almost melts in your mouth. It's easy to make something good when you start with great ingredients.

View attachment 36960
I love Chilean Sea Bass, and that looks amazing 😋

What method did you use to cook the Sea Bass?

This time it was nothing special -- I put a little oil and butter in a frying pan and cooked them on medium heat for about 6 mins per side. Once they were out, I tossed the capers in and fried them for a min or so, just until I could smell their aroma intensify. The hardest part of this whole dish was waiting for the beets to roast in the oven, which took about 90 mins because they were pretty big.

ETA: Be sure to take the fish out of the fridge at least 30 mins prior to cooking.

Last edited:

View attachment 36960
I keep seeing this at Wegman’s and want to jump. It always looks so good, but Donella is so picky when it comes to fish.

I've got a prime rib I've been dry aging that will be going on the smoker tomorrow.

Today is pulled pork and Dutch oven baked beans.
I keep meaning to get one of those bags. Want to dry age one for 100 days.

I keep meaning to get one of those bags. Want to dry age one for 100 days.
I used a buddies little cabinet thing you put in the fridge. Has a fan and a little compartment for sale. Looks really good, well see how it is tomorrow. I'm at about 25 days I think.

I used a buddies little cabinet thing you put in the fridge. Has a fan and a little compartment for sale. Looks really good, well see how it is tomorrow. I'm at about 25 days I think.
I'll have to check that out. I'm drying a standing rib in the fridge with cheese cloth, but it isn't so much that I'd call it dry aging.

I have to standing ribs in the fridge with cheese cloth as well. They’ve only been in there 3 days so it was the best I could do. Going to do one low and slow in the oven and the other in the RecTeq.