• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

My favorite chef had a video recently where he showed how to make French Toast with vanilla ice cream, so I figured that I could do the same with eggnog, since we had a little eggnog left over from Christmas.

Eggnog French toast with Brioche bread, sunny side up egg, jowl bacon from the local farmer's market, and maple syrup from Ohio.

2021-01-17 10.40.08.jpg

The egg was a little over cooked, and I used too much nog on the toast so it was a little soggy inside, but the flavors were great together.

My favorite chef had a video recently where he showed how to make French Toast with vanilla ice cream, so I figured that I could do the same with eggnog, since we had a little eggnog left over from Christmas.

Eggnog French toast with Brioche bread, sunny side up egg, jowl bacon from the local farmer's market, and maple syrup from Ohio.

View attachment 38110

The egg was a little over cooked, and I used too much nog on the toast so it was a little soggy inside, but the flavors were great together.

Jacques Pepin! I watched that video as well and I love watching him cook.

Jacques Pepin! I watched that video as well and I love watching him cook.
Exactly! I love the short clips he's been doing in the past year. I used to watch him on PBS, go to the grocery store to buy the ingredients he demonstrated, and try to recreate his dishes. I have most of his cookbooks although I only reference them on occasion. I just bought his memoirs, and it's been a fascinating to hear his story.

Exactly! I love the short clips he's been doing in the past year. I used to watch him on PBS, go to the grocery store to buy the ingredients he demonstrated, and try to recreate his dishes. I have most of his cookbooks although I only reference them on occasion. I just bought his memoirs, and it's been a fascinating to hear his story.

What a wealth of knowledge he is.

Hell ya, if you want tacos in New Haven go to Long Wharf‘s food truck alley! There’s usually at least 10 trucks and most are great.
LOL That's where I go! I've sampled them all at this point and found the best one in my Opinion but he doesn't get there till 11. Most are there at like 9am...

Biscuits and gravy this morning using my own, made from scratch pork sausage.

Two cage free farm fresh over easy eggs on top.

Yes, that’s mustard and hot sauce you see.

View attachment 38273View attachment 38274
Hot sauce makes sense, looks delicious. However not so sure about the mustard.

so you make your own wine, your own sausage, what other stuff you got going on over there Martha Stewart?

Hot sauce makes sense, looks delicious. However not so sure about the mustard.

so you make your own wine, your own sausage, what other stuff you got going on over there Martha Stewart?

Haha! Trust me the mustard is the secret!!! I even ask for it when I eat B&G at restaurants.

Well.....I’m getting ready to do some beef jerky in a few weeks....so there’s another!!

Haha! Trust me the mustard is the secret!!! I even ask for it when I eat B&G at restaurants.

Well.....I’m getting ready to do some beef jerky in a few weeks....so there’s another!!
I’m definitely going to give this a try once my wife says I’m allowed off the diet she started.