• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

I intended to make these for the company BBQ contest ahead of Memorial Day, but I missed the cookout. Yesterday I was working in the garage all day, so I decided it was time to give my dish a full test run, in case I decided to enter it in the contest next year. I had initially conceived this as breakfast on a stick, but Mrs Nihon said she couldn't taste the coffee in it. I brought some in to a few guys at work today to taste, and they liked it but it's too big to eat it all in one bite. More research and refinement will be required if this is a contest dish next year:

Breakfast Lollipop. Coffee-rubbed and smoked pork belly, crispy Pomme Soufflé, soft boiled quail egg, topped with coffee bourbon BBQ sauce and served with a simple red cabbage and carrot cole slaw.

View attachment 57138
Nice job. Just about enough for me😁

I intended to make these for the company BBQ contest ahead of Memorial Day, but I missed the cookout. Yesterday I was working in the garage all day, so I decided it was time to give my dish a full test run, in case I decided to enter it in the contest next year. I had initially conceived this as breakfast on a stick, but Mrs Nihon said she couldn't taste the coffee in it. I brought some in to a few guys at work today to taste, and they liked it but it's too big to eat it all in one bite. More research and refinement will be required if this is a contest dish next year:

Breakfast Lollipop. Coffee-rubbed and smoked pork belly, crispy Pomme Soufflé, soft boiled quail egg, topped with coffee bourbon BBQ sauce and served with a simple red cabbage and carrot cole slaw.

View attachment 57138
Where are you finding quail eggs in our neck of the woods?

Interesting combination for tonight. Caprese salad with the tomatoes and basil coming from the back yard. Tomatoes are excellent! Went to Tappahannock Virginia today. Stopped into a seafood store and bought a few dozen oysters, soft shell crabs, and frog legs.
image.jpg4CD4E420-58D8-4118-9A82-968D42A27511.jpegimage.jpg