• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which do you like better?

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I wasn't a fan of the tone of the silver on this scope.
20221214_085402.jpg

So I got the same scope in Black.
20221216_150005.jpg
Which do you like better?

Silver. As much as they both look kinda like a small maglite flashlight, the black is too dark and looks more like one.

Well, let's look at this from a different perspective, light reflection while hunting. Gonna go with black cause of that. If the gun were blued what would you say, but if aesthetics matter, your choice.

I like the look of the silver, on that revolver. As Pug says, if it were a blue revolver, I’d say the black one. Just not a two tone guy.

On a side note, I’d take either over that red dot. Parallax is critical on those, and there’s too many variables with a hand held red dot. Shoulder mounted rifle gives much better alignment.

Nice, either way.

Floyd T

I agree if it was blued I like the black better.

I have a red dot sight on my bow, and while it works good I have to shut the correct eye to shoot correctly. I can see the dot with either eye, but one is “shifted” to one side.

So if I’m 3 yards to the left or right, I know to switch it up lol.

Scopes on handguns seem wrong.
I was thinking the same thing. In the Corps we shot 25, 15 and 7 yds with pistols. In my day, we did everything with iron sights, including 500 yds on the rifle range. Before my last trip to Iraq we trained with M4s with a 4x (I think) scope. We did a day's worth of quick-fire drills at something like 25-100 yds or so IIRC. I never used it enough to prefer it over iron sights for close ranges like that.

Silver or blue the gun, or get a bigger gun or smaller scope. Lol

Seeing how that scope is mounted backwards, I'd be curious to see how that thing shoots🤣
One of us is drinking! The scope on that Ruger is mounted correctly. Are you talking about the laser thing under the barrel? Maybe it's a Kentucky thing, but that's the direction we mount scopes on firearms. Just sayin'! 🤔 🥃

Floyd T

One of us is drinking! The scope on that Ruger is mounted correctly. Are you talking about the laser thing under the barrel? Maybe it's a Kentucky thing, but that's the direction we mount scopes on firearms. Just sayin'! 🤔 🥃

Floyd T
I've never seen a scope with a turret on the left? They are usually top and right?