• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which Type of Cigar Was Your Very First?

I truly can't remember my first cigar. It was before all that weed. :laugh:

I do remember the first enjoyable cigar. Cohiba ISOM Robusto in a glass tube. I coudln't tell you if it was real or not, but it was good. I still have the tube.

Swisher Sweet (back in high school). Funny thing is that my friends and I at the time thought we were cool. :laugh:

ddepaola said:
I think mine was a Dutch Masters, went well with the Old Milwaukee beer we were drinking at the time. Oh the things we did when we were young and poor...
eck15.gif

DD
[snapback]232253[/snapback]​

Old Mil is the official beer of punk rawk. Having said that...

My first was a tin of Partagas minis. I think they were called puritos...not bad if you hadn't had anything else before it.

-Rob

First Cigar I ever bought was some Don Diego en tubo, thought it was a really special one I got it at a JR in SC right after I turned 18. Wasn't bad with a couple years of age on it.

2120765863DonDiegoMonarch.jpg

I didnt smoke it then though so the first cigar I ever smoked was a Middleton Cherry... mmmm mmmm good... Man Im glad I found this place. With a start like that its lucky Ive ever even heard of a PAM. (or an unflavored cigar for that matter :laugh: )

middleton_cherry_blend.jpg

CYG

My first cigars were all Habanos that my parents would bring back from their trips to visit family. I believe the firsts were monte #4's.

other than the Swisher Sweets mt first was also a Don Deigo Corona Tube.I should try another one to see if it is as good as I remember it.

first stupid wanna be cigar was one of those machine rolled ones. first real quality one was some Fonseca Maduro.

I believe my first was an ISOM (so the TJ shop worker told me) Punch and Romeo.

Then I walked into a Tinder Box and saw some deal with Dunhills. If I bought 5 Dunhill Signatures (I think they were signatures) I'd get a special Dunhill punch cutter. I bought the cigars for the punch cutter.

fetterjohn, funny you mention your Volcano Cigar Choco Mac cigar...I just found the Volcano Cigar Vanilla Mac cigar that my girlfriend bought for me last year in Oahu. It's been in my car for 1 year!!! No little holes with beetles in it...I may smoke it after re-humidifying it! :laugh:

Mine was some sort of Tiperillo as a youth (35 or so years ago). My first cigar that brought me to smoking quality cigars was in August of 2002 when my brother gave me an Auturo Fuente.

I think mine was Panama Red..... but I forget now! ;) :whistling:

In high school (in the early 70's) I smoked Panter Mignons.
A nice little cigar from Holland.
This was my first cigar.

I was 19 years old (yes I am only 22) and working at a bar in Birmingham, Alabama. We had an older guy come in every night named Mr. Martin. This guy was awesome. He'd get lit, and go outside the bar, pee in our flowers, and drive home. Well, he'd always bring in three cigars (I could never understand why, until just now smile.gif ) Anyways, he'd smoke two and start the thrid on the way out. Well, he gave me one during an afternoon off, and I smoked it. It was an El Producto. I thought my life had just begun. Later I moved up to a Hoyo and so forth and so on. I've never smoked anything (and I mean EVERYTHING you can count) but cigars.

That was George Burns brand of choice! (Thanks for that info Eric) :thumbs:

The first I can remember was a Hava-Tampa. I think I was about 15. The first real cigar was about 1 year ago, on a fishing trip. It was a Padilla. Kicked my butt! I have since found out that you don't inhale cigars like you do cigarettes.
And the adventure began...

My first was a Tijauana Small back in 1969.I then moved on to Antonia y Cleaopatra candelas that I stole from my dad. Back then the A/C's were real cigars. I also used to smoke White Owl Invincebles and New Yorkers sitting in Fenway Park all summer long.

Not that I have posted this before, but in an effort to up my post count and keep from topping up old threads.

KInda consider 2 different cigars as my "first."

The absolute first was a Havana Honey I bought at a gas station before a St. Patrick's Day party.
The other first, which would also be my 2nd, was the first one when I started smoking cigars with any form of regularity, a Dom. Rep. Cohiba. And I gotta say it was a great smoke to have!

:thumbs:

Very first was a Swisher Sweet, the night before my 18th birthday. After that it was gas station crap for a few months :(

Then I had a Guantanamera and thought it was awesome. HA!

First real, handrolled cigar was RyJ #2. Don't buy them anymore because my local shop charges $23 for a single.

First time I tried a cigar I believe it was a cheapie Garcia Vega, from a gas station, when I didn't know any better. First "real" cigar I started with was a Drew Estate La Vieja Habana, that I picked up on my first trip to a tobacconist, when I knew nothing about brands, styles, etc...

-Nate

I'd smoked a cigar or three over the years; the random Macanudo, etc. The first cigar that mattered got smoked a little over a year ago.

A little over a year ago, I'm over at a buddy's house having a whisky and he says "want to step outside with me for a cigar?". My first answer was "....no, thanks.." but when he opened his humi up, I remember thinking "...damn! That smells really nice..." so I said, "...OK, if you have something small to try...". Turned out he handed me a NC Cohiba "Pequino" and at the time, I remember thinking "...this is a really good little cigar. Probably wouldn't be a bad thing to have a few of these around...".

A few of these around. Right. Sure sounded innocent... :laugh:

Cheers - B.B.S.