• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why do we have to age Cohibas?

chrls67 said:
Ok...I smoked one of these last night and while I'm not much for evaluating cigars (from an experience standpoint) I can say that it was very good. One of the smoothest cigars I've smoked. it had a somewhat leathery and cedar taste, I did not sense any cocoa flavor (like chocolate) but more of a rich coffee flavor (now I'm not much of a coffee drinker so I could be a little off here). But it was as smooth as any PAM I've had. The only other cuban I've smoked has been a Monte #2 and this one was much better IMHO. I think I'll take evryones advice and smoke through the rest of them from time to time. I'd like to buy a box to age for a couple of years but I just can't seem to hit the lottery. Thanks again to Ginseng for posting the pics for me and giving me his opinion and thanks to everyone that offerd up some advice.
[snapback]275554[/snapback]​

I'm very pleased you enjoyed your cigar. :)

Wilkey

Obviously people's tastes, likes, dislikes, etc. are different. My experience with Cohiba's goes back a long way. Early on, I used to smoke the entire line, then just gravitated to the ones I enjoyed most -- Esplendidos, Robustos, Siglio IV, some others. I've smoked some that were really fresh -- 24 hours or so off the table. I know there's a few people here who have smoked them right off the table. They are good. I think when they are young, the tastes are wide varied.

Be that as it may, for my tastes, what I am looking for in a Cohiba, I look for them with at least 3 to 4 years of age; at 5, even better. For me, they seem to develop much better with that kind of age.

I very much like what I am "seeing" (no pun intended) with the Siglio VI's.

Eric