• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why don't women like cigars?

Because if they did, all your opus and padrons would be gone.....

Take it from me...my wife LOVES opus and anejo's and has a horrible cohiba habit. She puffs with me every so often, less in the colder months. She loves to sample the stuff I smoke.
They are not all into shoes and dresses...although she does have that habit down to an addiction.
Rob

I'll be honest, I think I am EXTREMELY fortunate. I have a wife that isn't the hugest fan of cigars, but she does appreciate a fine cigar, and she has even taken the time to enjoy a good cigar with me from time to time. :)

I honestly do Love my wife! :D

Hey guys,

I think we can all agree the cigar world is dominated by men. But, from my limited experience, I've noticed women generally don't seem to enjoy smoking stogies.

Am I wrong?
And if not, why don't they like cigars?

Dude...first let me say I agree with some of the other posters. Many have had a bad experience with a cheap cigar that smelled bad and annoyed them and now they associate all cigars with that experience. So its a re-education process. HOWEVER....tread lightly. My chick smokes cigars. You'd think it would be great. Well...its one thing having to share your TV time, or agree on a place for dinner or go shopping together...imagine having to share your Padron 1926's, Macanudo 1968 (yeah she busted open that box and had the first cigar from it) or even your Work of Arts and Short Stories. No she doesn't like the cheap stuff...she's got GOOD cigar taste. And I know what you are thinking...well we can share each others cigars. HA! She is still "learning" :whistling: what she likes and hasn't made her own first purchase yet. So lucky me she gets to experiment in my stash.

So just be carefully of what you ask for. Hell she even joined this site. So now I am going to take a beating for all my comments in this post but if it means saving another BOTL...then so be it!

Why was Helen Keller so hard to communicate with?
Because she was a woman!

There are women who don't like cigars???

What the hell kinda planet are we living on....women...hating cigars...where's my fuggin BTL...

Melly the Angel :love:

It was my wife who actually got me into cigars. :) She had been smoking them for several years before me. She goes with me to Cigar Fest every year as well as some cigar dinners. She still says I stink when I come home from the B&M though.
WOW! ... now that's the kinda woman I need, someone who's there to share in on the whole cigar experience. Some of the best thinking I've done and moments I've shared have been through a good smoke, I couldn't imagine and wouldn't want it any other way.

A couple of my best friends from b-school - both women - smoke cigars. It was a great social thing for us, and I miss spending 3 nights a week at the cigar bar now :)

It was my wife who actually got me into cigars. :) She had been smoking them for several years before me. She goes with me to Cigar Fest every year as well as some cigar dinners. She still says I stink when I come home from the B&M though.
WOW! ... now that's the kinda woman I need, someone who's there to share in on the whole cigar experience. Some of the best thinking I've done and moments I've shared have been through a good smoke, I couldn't imagine and wouldn't want it any other way.

It is nice that she can also enjoy something that I enjoy greatly.

I for one am glad my wife does not like cigars. I am affraid it would be too much like when she started golfing; twice the money, half the fun.....

This might end up sounding bad, but there are certain parts of my life that I just enjoy doing with the guys. These generally include smoking cigars, playing poker and golfing. I dunno what it is, but those are activities that I enjoy most in an estrogen free environment. It's enough for me that my girlfriends don't detest the act of cigar smoking. :p

I tried getting my wife into smoking going the CAO Flavours route, but it wasn't until she took a puff on my Monte #3 that she really saw what all the fuss was about.
Now, she comes out to the the smoking lounge (garage) with me whenever she gets a chance, and I've also been making her little sampler bags to take to work so she can smoke with the boys (she's an operator at a refinery).

My wife and I had been dating about a month before I let her in on my little cigar hobby. She didn't mind at all, and made the comment that she had never smoked anything before, so I let her have a few puffs off of the Padron I was smoking at the time and she liked it (I think I just simultaneously typed 7 run-on sentences there). So I bought her one, and even though she only got through half of it before she started to feel sick she said she enjoyed it. Now, I always offer her a cigar when I'm having one, and she used to smoke with me fairly regularly. She rarely smokes anymore since the kids came along, but she definitely doesn't mind when I do it.

There are a couple of comments in this thread that I agree with and don't agree with. I am a woman that likes to smoke cigars because I find it relaxing. Yes, a man did get me into it not really sure what I would think about it. My grandpa smoked cigars most of my life. I didn't start smoking them until after he past away so now it is my kinda tribute to him. I don't smoke cigars for the attention I do it because I like it. As far as other women go some don't like the smell, some think it is a men's club but I think that men dismiss women because they don't think they would understand the hobby. Give women the chance to understand it. But I do agree though that sometimes it is ok to keep it just men. But try opening up the door for women you might actually enjoy it.

I think it's mostly a stigma thing. More women would like it if they tried it.

However, my wife can't stand the smell of stale smoke. I'm practically forced to disrobe in the basement and fabreeze my clothes. Kinda sounds like the fun is taken out of it doesn't it? Ha!

But at least she's ok with it. If she doesn't have to smell them, she's pretty cool about it.

my wife loves a good cigar I still have not broke her of the infused cigar habit yet rp

My girlfriend also enjoys a good cigar. Actually, to this date, she enjoys San Cristobal's the best...to be exact, her favorite is the La Punta. She actually detected some cappucino and floral notes in it.

2 of the gals I dated over the last few years ended up really getting into it. Both of which in the beginning thought it was a nasty disgusting habit... until they tried it themselves that is. One of em I couldnt break from the Acid line. The other one though would hoard my PSD4s and would spend a boatload on Ashton Cabinets lol