• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wife going in for induction on Saturday

Ginseng

Banned
Well,

The wife and the OB says it's time to kick junior out. She's about a week from the due date but the flu and her size have really taken their toll on her energy level. So out baby comes, ready or not.

Has anyone else's wife ever had this done? What could we expect? The first one happened just like it's supposed to but this one is going to get pitocin to trigger labor.

Any experiences or advice you care to share would be appreciated.

Wilkey

Well,

The wife and the OB says it's time to kick junior out. She's about a week from the due date but the flu and her size have really taken their toll on her energy level. So out baby comes, ready or not.

Has anyone else's wife ever had this done? What could we expect? The first one happened just like it's supposed to but this one is going to get pitocin to trigger labor.

Any experiences or advice you care to share would be appreciated.

Wilkey
My wife has been induced with all three of our children. It will go pretty fast if her cervix is thin enough, if not they will give her a gel first I believe. My guess is they will start the pitocin in the am and by night time you will be a daddy again. Congratulations. My third is just over a month old.

I am not a doctor but we have had a couple of these. As far as your wife will be concerned, it will be as a natural. They will start a drip that will start to induce labor and then, play it again Sam!! Depending how she does with the dosage they start her on, her body will think that she is doing it. They had to change the dosage a little for us as my wife's body was not reacting fast enough. I know it is easy for me to say, don't worry, but they have this all down to a science and every thing should work out fantastic with the wife and new to be one.

Try to hang in there daddy!! If you are coaching her, play it the way you did last time. If you are not coaching her, bring a cigar to smoke while you are waiting. The second one can happen a whole lot quicker than the first once the drip starts. Congrats!!! :thumbs:

No advice but plenty of well wishes.

Health and happiness to all!

Congrats Wilkey!

The wife of good friend subscribes to induction. After allowing mother nature to dictate her first two child births, she has been induced with their last two children and describes it as the only way to go. No guess work...add pitocin and soon you'll be a new dad!!!

I have a little something for you...PM me your addy...

Rob

I am not a doctor but we have had a couple of these.

As many as you have, you've probably had a couple of everything! :laugh:

Wilkey, no experience in this dept, but you and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck!

Don't know anything about this, but well wishes to you and your family, brother.

I think that induction is really quite common. My daughter-in-law is expecting the OB to induce on Monday or Tuesday.

Lots of luck to you and your wife.

Congrats,

Ken

Hopefully, your wifes delivery goes faster than my wifes did. This was her second delivery. She was induced a week early after begging the OB to do so. We went in on an afternoon and she was given the Pitocin IV drip. They finally stopped around 1 am and decided to wait until the next morning after she rested.
This was even with her stating that the contractions felt much stronger (than she remembered previously giving birth) having the drug in her system.
The next day after about six hours with Pitocin and, no progress. They stuck something that looked like a large crochet needle inside, broke her water and, out came baby within thirty five minutes.

Good luck! hope mama and baby will be healthy. And, may your future nights be filled with as much sleep as possible. :thumbs:

Good luck and well wishes...

I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Express last night... :whistling:

Thanks for the well wishes and kind thoughts, guys!

Sax, not knocking the miracle of birth, but one time's enough for me. I wish I could relax in the lounge with a smoke and a good book. Ahhh to be a man in the modern era. :D

I'll be around tomorrow but we'll likely be heading out early on Saturday so I'll be back to post photos when we're done.

Funny, thinking about this, it occurred to me that when Andrew (Moki) and Polly get to making their own, his first pictures are going to have to have that damned quarter in it. :laugh:

Wilkey

Well wishes, and all the health and happiness in the world bro!!! :thumbs:

Thanks for the well wishes and kind thoughts, guys!

Sax, not knocking the miracle of birth, but one time's enough for me. I wish I could relax in the lounge with a smoke and a good book. Ahhh to be a man in the modern era. :D

I'll be around tomorrow but we'll likely be heading out early on Saturday so I'll be back to post photos when we're done.

Funny, thinking about this, it occurred to me that when Andrew (Moki) and Polly get to making their own, his first pictures are going to have to have that damned quarter in it. :laugh:

Wilkey

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good luck to you and your wife, my thoughts and prayers will be with you both on Saturday

Robby

All the best to your wife and new son. I'll be saying a few good words for all of you!

This just goes to show ya what a nervous dad will resort to, to alleviate his anxiety. What in gods creation do a bunch of cigar smoking, whiskey drinking, beer swilling men know about an induction. Every thing is going to be fine Wilkey. Those people in white coats really do know what they're doing. All my best. My RN wife is laughing her ass off.

Doc.

Wilkey,

Good luck....I am a proud father of my fourth daughter. My wife had to be induced, and again, depending how much she is effaced (thinned out cervix), and how big the baby is, the birth is relatively "routine". If there are any signs of distress, then a C-section would be indicated. Being that I am a physician, my wife's OB and I were talking about internet connections. I stayed at the hospital with my wife and woke up when the nurse told me she was 9 cm. On 3/20/07, my daughter; Jordyn was born. God Bless and we will keep your family in prayer for a healthy baby.

Good luck and congratulations pal.

This just goes to show ya what a nervous dad will resort to, to alleviate his anxiety. What in gods creation do a bunch of cigar smoking, whiskey drinking, beer swilling men know about an induction. Every thing is going to be fine Wilkey. Those people in white coats really do know what they're doing. All my best. My RN wife is laughing her ass off.

Doc.

Best post I've read in a while!

Great stuff Doc!