• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Winter brews - recommendations

mu mike

It's not a lie if you believe it.
I always enjoy Sam Adams Winter Lager and Schlafly's Christmas Ale during the holidays, but I'd like to try some others. Any recommendations?

Southern Tier Krampus, if for no other reason than to educate yourself about the greatest Christmas figure ever.

LOL!

body_krampus%2022oz%20bottle_low.jpg

Sam Smith Winter Welcome, Canaster Winterscotch Ale, Port Brewing Santa's Little Helper, and the always delightful Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.

Winter warmers are still a pretty new and unexplored style for me. I'm looking forward to two at the moment, Moylan's Christmas ale, and Anchor Merry Christmas ale.

Oh, also I remember Rogue's Christmas ale being rather tasty.

Oooh, that reminds me, Billy, I think I have a vertical of SLH, going back to '08 if I remember correctly.

There are some wonderful winter warmers that come out this time of year. Here are a few I always look forward to, yes a bit of a Colorado bias but nevertheless, great beers!
  • Odells Isolation
  • Great Divide Hibernation
  • Deschutes Jubelale
  • Avery Old Jubilation

Krampus. Uses sticks and chains to beat the naughty children.. Maybe he'll make it to DanielMartin's house..

"Winter warmers" are what winter brews are called? Learn something new every day, thanks gents!

"Winter warmers" are what winter brews are called? Learn something new every day, thanks gents!

Sometimes, but not always. Winter warmer is a specific style of beer that is a winter beer, but not every winter beer is a winter warmer. Personally, I like Troegs Mad Elf, Victory Old Ho (RIP), Great Lakes Blackout, Sierra Celebration, Brooklyn Chocolate Stout, Founders Backwoods Bastard.

Some of these aren't winter beers, but they're all good cold weather sippers that you can sit on til winter.

Chimay Blue is classified as a Strong Belgian Ale, but it began as a Christmas beer.

While I lived in the UK I thoroughly enjoyed Adnams Tally Ho barleywine as a Christmas brew as well... I'm not sure if it's available in the US though.

Is this the official Secret Krampis sign up thread?

Anything made by a Monk!
Chimay Blue
Westmalle Tripel

Mj, that is very interesting. I love chimay blue! And you really can't wrong with Sam Adams winter lager!

Is this the official Secret Krampis sign up thread?

Anything made by a Monk!
Chimay Blue
Westmalle Tripel

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but neither of those are actually brewed by monks anymore...

I look forward to drinking mass quantities of Jubelale and Celebration every years personally. Not sure how SN decided that an IPA should be their winter seasonal, but I'm not complaining.

Loved my first go at Anchor Brewing Christmas Ale last season. Not sure if it's the same every release. Delirium Nocturnum is another that comes to mind.

Can't believe no one has mentioned Deschutes "The Abyss".....you mean there are other holiday beers...??... :0