• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wiskers and Paws Pass !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite proud of yourself, aren't ya? :laugh: Your point is what exactly? ???

It seems to me that you and dan should be more concerned as to why more are dropping out of this pass rather than joining it. ???

Giving to serious thought and consideration to my concerns about his so-called rules might just do the both of you some good but no, you just want to be a wise ass.

Good move dave. ;)

Very good questions Bill.

Why don't you ask Jim? They seem to work for his pass.

It seems to me that you and dan should be more concerned as to why more are dropping out of this pass rather than joining it. ???

Giving to serious thought and consideration to my concerns about his so-called rules might just do the both of you some good but no, you just want to be a wise ass.

Good move dave. ;)

Very good questions Bill.

Why don't you ask Jim? They seem to work for his pass.

Good move dave. ;)

Well, I think Dan stated he got the rules from elsewhere, so why not start at the origin of the rules. You did bring up some good points, and they should be addressed. Unfortunately, I meant no disrespect Bill.

Bill Thanks for the advice.

But going forward I would ask that you either Pm these thoughts or start a new topic. No need to clutter the thread on the pass that you have no intention of being in, especially with comments about other boards.

If any of the participants or others who are ventering an interest in particpating have problems with any of the rules please let me know and I will gladly adjust them to everyones liking :thumbs:

The Rules: (my apologies to all the other passes I stole these from… esp Swissy :whistling: )
1. When you receive the pass, please do an inventory and make sure everything is there and numbered correctly!
2. Please inspect the box and packaging materials for proper cigar packing and RH%. Either post your concern or contact me directly via PM.
3. Do not remove the cigars from their baggies unless they are part of your approved P/T's. Why Not? I may want to look at them up close to see if there is any damage and smell them to make sure they don't smell like piss since most of your Havanas are "green."
4. Please post your proposed P&T's in the forum prior to the pass arriving to you. You gotta be kidding me! How on earth can you expect someone to figure out which exact cigars they are going to "take" if they haven't even seen them yet? ??? This is absolutely ridiculous and I've been involved in more passes than 99.5% of the members here and I've never seen this rule.
If anyone has an issue with someone else's plays, please be polite about it and post your concerns in the forum.
5. Put & Takes's (P/T's) should be: A) value for value, B) ISOM for ISOM, C) NC for NC. "Should" be is the key word here. There's NOTHING wrong with putting an Opus X and taking one of your green Havanas. You also have conflicting rules here and should probably think this through better and revise these.
6. Please notify next person in line via a post in this thread prior to shipping to confirm they are ready to recieve the pass. LMFAO! :laugh: How on earth does the sender notifying the person receiving it confirm the receiver is ready to receive the pass? This doesn't make any sense at all.
7. Ship the package via USPS PRIORITY and post the Delivery Confirmation Number (DC#) in the forum. For you newer CP members, use online shipping from USPS.Com - you get free DC#'s! Of course, faster shipping is allowed but not required. What about UPS Ground? If someone is relatively close to you, UPS Ground, FedEx, DLH, etc. may be less expensive AND you get "TRACKING" as opposed to USPS which is DELIVERY CONFIRMATION ONLY. Full blown tracking is far superior to the USPS Delivery Confirmation.

I'm not sure you've REALLY thought out these "rules" very well at all. On the contrary, it looks to me like you just lifted them without fully understanding what you're demanding here and you certainly don't instill a whole lot of confidence in the audience here that this pass will run very smoothly.

BTW, how's that Russian Roulette pass going over on Cigar Live? You know, the one that got lost. :laugh: I did notice that the asshats over there seldom if ever post exactly what cigars they "put." :rolleyes: They'll just post that they put a "Carlos Torano" which doesn't tell anyone much at all. :rolleyes:

Wow! I did not see the rules posted as such when I signed up. Actually I didn't look that closely. I foolishly assumed that since Dan posted that he had borrowed rules from past passes that they were pretty standard. Is this the way they were initially stated? Dan, did you edit them later. I really hope this is some kind of joke and not truly your attitude about some pretty standard pass rules. If it is, IMHO, you sir are a complete asshat and I would like to retract my request to be in this pass. I don't know about anyone else, but I would certainly like to see an explanation.

BTW, WTF is with the comparison to Jim's rules? Are you kidding?

The Rules: (my apologies to all the other passes I stole these from… esp Swissy :whistling: )
1. When you receive the pass, please do an inventory and make sure everything is there and numbered correctly!
2. Please inspect the box and packaging materials for proper cigar packing and RH%. Either post your concern or contact me directly via PM.
3. Do not remove the cigars from their baggies unless they are part of your approved P/T's. Why Not? I may want to look at them up close to see if there is any damage and smell them to make sure they don't smell like piss since most of your Havanas are "green."
4. Please post your proposed P&T's in the forum prior to the pass arriving to you. You gotta be kidding me! How on earth can you expect someone to figure out which exact cigars they are going to "take" if they haven't even seen them yet? ??? This is absolutely ridiculous and I've been involved in more passes than 99.5% of the members here and I've never seen this rule.
If anyone has an issue with someone else's plays, please be polite about it and post your concerns in the forum.
5. Put & Takes's (P/T's) should be: A) value for value, B) ISOM for ISOM, C) NC for NC. "Should" be is the key word here. There's NOTHING wrong with putting an Opus X and taking one of your green Havanas. You also have conflicting rules here and should probably think this through better and revise these.
6. Please notify next person in line via a post in this thread prior to shipping to confirm they are ready to recieve the pass. LMFAO! :laugh: How on earth does the sender notifying the person receiving it confirm the receiver is ready to receive the pass? This doesn't make any sense at all.
7. Ship the package via USPS PRIORITY and post the Delivery Confirmation Number (DC#) in the forum. For you newer CP members, use online shipping from USPS.Com - you get free DC#'s! Of course, faster shipping is allowed but not required. What about UPS Ground? If someone is relatively close to you, UPS Ground, FedEx, DLH, etc. may be less expensive AND you get "TRACKING" as opposed to USPS which is DELIVERY CONFIRMATION ONLY. Full blown tracking is far superior to the USPS Delivery Confirmation.

I'm not sure you've REALLY thought out these "rules" very well at all. On the contrary, it looks to me like you just lifted them without fully understanding what you're demanding here and you certainly don't instill a whole lot of confidence in the audience here that this pass will run very smoothly.

BTW, how's that Russian Roulette pass going over on Cigar Live? You know, the one that got lost. :laugh: I did notice that the asshats over there seldom if ever post exactly what cigars they "put." :rolleyes: They'll just post that they put a "Carlos Torano" which doesn't tell anyone much at all. :rolleyes:

Wow! I did not see the rules posted as such when I signed up. Actually I didn't look that closely. I foolishly assumed that since Dan posted that he had borrowed rules from past passes that they were pretty standard. Is this the way they were initially stated? Dan, did you edit them later. I really hope this is some kind of joke and not truly your attitude about some pretty standard pass rules. If it is, IMHO, you sir are a complete asshat and I would like to retract my request to be in this pass. I don't know about anyone else, but I would certainly like to see an explanation.

I actually did cut and paste these rules from Swissys Puppy III pass, therefore the commen t about me stealingt the rules from him.

Do not remove the cigars from their baggies unless they are part of your approved P/T's. -- I don't have a problem with anyone inspecting the sticks, just make sure you put them back in the baggies as the baggies would be numbered not to cause confusion and many more empty baggies will be provided for your puts

Please post your proposed P&T's in the forum prior to the pass arriving to you -- This is probably the only rule tha I haven't thought much on. Although it would expedite the process if one wants to make sure his or her P/T are OK -- But as far as I am concerned you can disregard this rule completelly and I am taking it off the rule list altogeter

Put & Takes's (P/T's) should be: A) value for value, B) ISOM for ISOM, C) NC for NC - This actually makes a whole lot of sense to me. Everyone has dif tastes in cigars so some might say an Opus is far better than a ISOM cigar others would disagree so to keep it even kneeled let's make P/T category for category

Please notify next person in line via a post in this thread prior to shipping to confirm they are ready to recieve the pass. --- This makes perfect sense --- And just to clarify what you are asking the person is will they be phisically available to recieve the package if you send it on its way. ( perhaps someone is going to be away a few days for what ever reason so you don't want the package to be stuck at the PO or the delivery truck )

Ship the package via USPS PRIORITY and post the Delivery Confirmation Number (DC#) in the forum. For you newer CP members, use online shipping from USPS.Com - you get free DC#'s! Of course, faster shipping is allowed but not required _ I hope more carefull reading would have answered this question. The minumum requirement is USPS Priority with DC# - allow2s a way to track the package and gives an option to ship in relativelly short time

Hopefully this answers the questions that were raised.

Swifty if the rules don't make sense after my clarifications please let me know and I will take you off the pass.

Why would he be kidding about comparing the pass rules in a pass where no seemed to have a problem? I guess it's a question of whether or not someone has a problem with the rules or the person running the pass, and my guess is the latter based on the fact that no one was called out in the other pass. Does CgarDan's post count need to be higher before he uses the same accepted pass rules? This entire bitch fit is pretty damn ridiculous.

Khris, these are the same rules he posted at the beginning of his pass. The comparison is because they are the rules that Swissy used in his Puppy Pass III. CC apparently has a hairball stuck ... CC, if you don't like the rules, don't join the pass. Pretty simple. And your comments do not seem to be constructive criticism, but rather inflammatory drivel that really isn't necessary.

Rule #3 is pretty standard. It is put in a pass to help minimize damage to the cigars. The baggies are clear, so you can look through them and see the cigar. If you open up the top, you could still smell the cigars.

Rule #4 is intended to keep the pass running smoothly and expeditiously. There is a cigar list posted in this thread, that should be updated before the pass gets to you. You can then look at that list and determine which cigars you might be interested in. If you figure out what you might be interested in ahead of time, you can do research and make sure you have appropriate cigars to replace the ones you are interested in. I'm sure if a cigar caught your eye after the pass arrived, or you decided not to trade for a certain cigar, you could modify your P's and T's. Just make sure you discuss it with the pass host.

Rule #5 is standard, and there IS something wrong with someone putting in an Opus for an ISOM. It directly breaks this rule.

Rule #6 is also meant to keep the pass running smoothly. The last thing anyone would want is to have the pass end up sitting on a doorstep for days if the recipient isn't home. If you post something in the thread like, "Hey Joe, you ready?", then everyone knows that you have made an attempt to let the next person in line know you are ready to send the pass. And if Joe says, "Yea, fire away", then you know he is ready to receive the pass and it won't end up sitting on his door step for days.

Rule #7 is intended to make sure there is some sort of tracking for the package. IF you were in the pass and wanted to send it via some other delivery mechanism that had some sort of tracking, I'm sure you could work it out with the pass host.

These rules are not obscure, out of the ordinary, nor are they worded in a way that someone with a reasonable grasp of the English language would have difficulty figuring it out. Bill, quit being an ass. If you need clarification on a rule, I'm sure the host would be glad to help clarify.

Let's knock off all of the bullshit and get to the point:

1.) CigarPass has a basic set of rules for all passes. It is up to the pass host to modify/change those rules to better fit the pass, as long as they are ethical - ie: take dominicans and put cubans is NOT ethical. Changing the rules to make the pass more fun and something that people want to join is ethical and allowed. Anything goes as long as the rules are ethical.

2.) As always, rules are subject to criticism for the betterment of CP. If rules are criticized only because of the pass host, that is not tolerated or allowed. If rules appear ethical yet you for some reason want to make some noise - PM the pass host.

3.) Personal problems/bad blood between members NEEDS TO STAY OFF OF THE FORUM - PERIOD.

The pussy innuendo is juvenile, though if it's acceptable by the masses, so be it.

All personal problems aside, fix whatever rules need to be mended and lets move on with the pass. If anyone has a problem with this pass, PM DAN PERSONALLY. I do not want to see anymore interference here. We're a public forum, and if outsiders see this type of drama, what makes us different than the other cigar forums?

My apologies to Dan. I also apologize to Rod for the name calling. I get it now. I thought that CC was highlighting in red comments that Dan had originally included in the posting of the rules or made in a different post. That's where I was confused. I see now they were CC's comments to Dan. I still find the comments to be disdainful no matter who said them. I have no problem with the rules. They are very similar to most passes I have been in.

Edited to remove the word asinine.

I actually did cut and paste these rules from Swissys Puppy III pass, therefore the commen t about me stealingt the rules from him.

Do not remove the cigars from their baggies unless they are part of your approved P/T's. -- I don't have a problem with anyone inspecting the sticks, just make sure you put them back in the baggies as the baggies would be numbered not to cause confusion and many more empty baggies will be provided for your puts

Please post your proposed P&T's in the forum prior to the pass arriving to you -- This is probably the only rule tha I haven't thought much on. Although it would expedite the process if one wants to make sure his or her P/T are OK -- But as far as I am concerned you can disregard this rule completelly and I am taking it off the rule list altogeter

Put & Takes's (P/T's) should be: A) value for value, B) ISOM for ISOM, C) NC for NC - This actually makes a whole lot of sense to me. Everyone has dif tastes in cigars so some might say an Opus is far better than a ISOM cigar others would disagree so to keep it even kneeled let's make P/T category for category

Please notify next person in line via a post in this thread prior to shipping to confirm they are ready to recieve the pass. --- This makes perfect sense --- And just to clarify what you are asking the person is will they be phisically available to recieve the package if you send it on its way. ( perhaps someone is going to be away a few days for what ever reason so you don't want the package to be stuck at the PO or the delivery truck )

Ship the package via USPS PRIORITY and post the Delivery Confirmation Number (DC#) in the forum. For you newer CP members, use online shipping from USPS.Com - you get free DC#'s! Of course, faster shipping is allowed but not required _ I hope more carefull reading would have answered this question. The minumum requirement is USPS Priority with DC# - allow2s a way to track the package and gives an option to ship in relativelly short time

Swifty if the rules don't make sense after my clarifications please let me know and I will take you off the pass.

Some of your rules are the same but OTHERS ARE DIFFERENT so it's wrong for you to say you
I actually did cut and paste these rules from Swissys Puppy III pass,

Please notify next person in line via a post in this thread prior to shipping to confirm they are ready to recieve the pass. --- This makes perfect sense

No, it does not. What if the person isn't monitoring the thread day in and day out? If the person receiving the pass isn't monitoring the thread every day, then how on earth would a pass host demanding that the sender post something in the thread solve anything? This is my point which you obviously cannot or refuse to understand. You're being unreasonalbe.

Ship the package via USPS PRIORITY and post the Delivery Confirmation Number (DC#) in the forum. For you newer CP members, use online shipping from USPS.Com - you get free DC#'s! Of course, faster shipping is allowed but not required. I hope more carefull reading would have answered this question. The minumum requirement is USPS Priority with DC# - allow2s a way to track the package and gives an option to ship in relativelly short time

And there you go again with your attitude and sarcasm and your repeated failure to understand the concept of "Delivery Confirmation." USPS Delivery Confirmation DOES NOT "allow2s(sic) a way to track the package." I don't know how many times it's been said and discussed on CigarPass that Delivery Confirmation IS NOT "tracking." There is absolutey NOTHING wrong with my original comments in red to your proposed rule which is in line with Rod's comment here:
As always, rules are subject to criticism for the betterment of CP.

Some of your rules are the same but OTHERS ARE DIFFERENT so it's wrong for you to say you

Please notify next person in line via a post in this thread prior to shipping to confirm they are ready to recieve the pass. --- This makes perfect sense

No, it does not. What if the person isn't monitoring the thread day in and day out? If the person receiving the pass isn't monitoring the thread every day, then how on earth would a pass host demanding that the sender post something in the thread solve anything? This is my point which you obviously cannot or refuse to understand. You're being unreasonalbe.

Ship the package via USPS PRIORITY and post the Delivery Confirmation Number (DC#) in the forum. For you newer CP members, use online shipping from USPS.Com - you get free DC#'s! Of course, faster shipping is allowed but not required. I hope more carefull reading would have answered this question. The minumum requirement is USPS Priority with DC# - allow2s a way to track the package and gives an option to ship in relativelly short time

And there you go again with your attitude and sarcasm and your repeated failure to understand the concept of "Delivery Confirmation." USPS Delivery Confirmation DOES NOT "allow2s(sic) a way to track the package." I don't know how many times it's been said and discussed on CigarPass that Delivery Confirmation IS NOT "tracking." There is absolutey NOTHING wrong with my original comments in red to your proposed rule which is in line with Rod's comment here:

Bill...Why do you even care. You are not in the pass. It seems like you would feel better it this pass fell flat on it's face. Why bother?

Bill...Why do you even care. You are not in the pass. It seems like you would feel better it this pass fell flat on it's face. Why bother?

Did you just stop in to make trouble? Why bother? ???

I don't want the pass to "(fall) flat on it's face." If you participated here more often, you'd be more informed as to why people ask questions out in the open which is contrary to how you operate. ;)

Run along now....

SNIP

That spell checker broken again Bill?

It should be quite obvious by now to any and all who have read this that you have a personal dislike for Dan. Fine, point noted. Now if we can all agree that Bill doesn't like Dan and Dan could care less about Bill then this can end as requested by both Dan, the thread owner and Rod the power that is.

It should be quite obvious by now to any and all who have read this that you have a personal dislike for Dan. Fine, point noted. Now if we can all agree that Bill doesn't like Dan and Dan could care less about Bill then this can end as requested by both Dan, the thread owner and Rod the power that is.

You shouldn't assume things, make statements where you you really have no idea what you're talking about and infer things that are just plain not true. Your post here certainly adds no value to this thread so why even make it in the first place? ???

Anyone can offer criticism before, during, or after a pass - it happens all the time. Bill, you have valid points about rules 3 and 7, but the rest are a stretch. Your obvious disdain for Dan clouds your arguments and makes them look petty and pointless.

I don't want the pass to "(fall) flat on it's face." If you participated here more often, you'd be more informed as to why people ask questions out in the open which is contrary to how you operate. ;)

Run along now....

Rod knows exactly why I don't post here as often as I used to. You are on a personal vendetta against Dan. That is very obvious.

You don't run this board...I'll run along when I feel like it...Or when Rod tells me to do so.

Run along now....

Rod knows exactly why I don't post here as often as I used to. You are on a personal vendetta against Dan. That is very obvious.

You don't run this board...I'll run along when I feel like it...Or when Rod tells me to do so.

The only one here with a personal vendetta is YOU Ken which is very obvious. :rolleyes:

I participate here regularly and have for well over four years. You on the other hand have not.

You really should just run along as I suggested to you earlier. Any further BS from you will only do you more harm, not me. Your inability to grasp that simple concept is disturbing.

Anyone can offer criticism before, during, or after a pass - it happens all the time. Bill, you have valid points about rules 3 and 7, but the rest are a stretch. Your obvious disdain for Dan clouds your arguments and makes them look petty and pointless.

So if ANYONE else here had the same criticisms of this pass host's rules, they would have more validity? ??? Okay, I admit I was obnoxious when I initially criticized the rules, I'm sorry but whether any of you think I like or don't like said pass host obviously clouds your judgment in determining if my criticisms are valid or not.

What is obviously happening now is that some people posting here refuse to accept the fact that I have valid points and I respectfully disagree with you Bruce but I think my objection to rule #4 is one of the MORE valid ones there is. I have NEVER participated in a pass where people posted their P/T's BEFORE the pass arrived at their house. I don't know about the rest of you but I make up my mind when the pass is laid out in front of me and I strongly believe that it is unreasonable to insist that a pass participant post their P/Ts BEFORE they even see the cigars. How do you know if one of the cigars you're thinking of taking isn't damaged or described incorrectly?

Regarding rule #5, I have always felt that the "Havana for Havana and NC for NC" is not a good rule at all and I really don't feel like writing a novel here as to why but let's face it, there are PLENTY of valid, reasonable points to argue against that rule. Here's one, I have an Añejo 77 that is a perfectly acceptable put while taking an SLR Serie A but under the proposed rule, that would be a violation.

My criticism of rule #6 is probably the strongest and most valid one of the whole bunch. As I mentioned in a previous post, if the next guy to receive the pass isn't watching the thread 24/7, how is demanding the sender post "Hey I'm sending the pass" add any value here at all? I can't tell you the number of times I've been involved in passes and I don't watch the threads and literally forget I have one coming. I'll come home and lo and behold, there's a box on my front door step that I have no idea where it came from. Then when I realize it's a pass, there have been times that I don't even know which Cigar board the pass is from. Not a big deal, heck even part of the fun is solving the mystery :p but even if the guy who sent it to me posted in the thread "Hey CC86, the pass is on it's way to you" and if I NEVER saw the post, then WTF good did it do?

Status
Not open for further replies.