• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Working Mans Pass

The pass arrived at 2:28 pm cst. It's sitting on my kitchen table. Very shortly I shall open it, select some sticks, and put some into it. It should be back on the road tomorrow morning. Steve*R

Steve*R said:
The pass arrived at 2:28 pm cst. It's sitting on my kitchen table. Very shortly I shall open it, select some sticks, and put some into it. It should be back on the road tomorrow morning. Steve*R
:thumbs: Sounds good my friend. :thumbs:

emodx said:
Lumberg said:
Excellent policy emo.

I think once you're on this site for a few weeks you realize Cuban cigars are no big deal and you just treat them liek another special type of cigar.
I disagree... I think that they are a big deal until you tried one. Usually the first one you try is a MM or a lesser Marquee. It isn't until you have bought, or traded for half a dozen or so that the mystique wears off. But that is just my opinion. YMMV... Emo
Oh yeah that's what I meant. I meant that after a few weeks on here you should be able to get your hands on pretty much any of the common ISOMs you want so they lose their mystique.

Assuming you smoke pretty often.

What is an MM? Newbie showing my ignorance here.

Also, Steve*R, <Mr. Burns voice> EEExcellent! </Mr. Burns voice>

It's 11:05 am Minnesota time and I'll head out to the post office shortly before it closes at noon. Before I list my puts and takes, I have a couple of suggestions for those who are participating, and who will be trading cigars in the future.

Always wrap every cigar that is not celloed, even if it's going into a zip lock with other cigars. Two cigars arrived loosely in a zip lock, both unwrapped, one unbanded and clearly short fill (I dissected it); the other a Flor de Florez. Both had wrapper damage and broken feet. I know they were not put into the pass in that condition, but the lack of appropriate packing destroyed them. They are part of my takes and I trashed them immediately. I enclosed a packet of Veripack cigar individual ziplocks for those who need to use them in the pass.

A few cigars, not many, had the look of being excessively handled. I touch my cigars to pick them up for transfer to a humidor, or to smoke. Cigars that have been excessively handled generally come from multiple trades and passes. In the world of cigar traders, unless your trading partner knows that you acquired the cigar via a pass, you don't send it.

The box, cardboard, that the tupperdores were packed within, was not taped at all edges. You must tape all edges...period!! Every cigar will dry out to being a turd if you don't seal the box. The tupperware needs all the help it can get. Even the bottom of the box, along the middle, only had one line of tape. I always cover the top of the box, edge to edge with clear wide packing tape. It makes for easier removal of the address label.

Puts:
1st release Camacho Diploma...these come unbanded and are very strong, I was on a waiting list when they were released.
Cuban Fonseca Delicia
Cuban RyJ Petite corona
Cusano Xclusivo...a wonderful cigar, I think it's the best Michael makes
Torano 1959 Silver (criollo wrapper)1st release sent to me by Frankie Santos, Carlos Torano's nephew
Flor de Cano culebra...three cigars tied together...treat as one take, these are rare cameroon wrapped culebras, no longer available
Original 1st release Vega Talanga en Tercio
New release Vega Talanga Corojo
Don Tomas candela...the alleged 18 year old wrapper, very mild
Henry Clay Belicoso w/dark nutlike broadleaf wrapper
Don Diego Reserve torbusto...a wonderful creamy smoke
1st release TeAmo Anniversario, Vintage 1999...the Turrent's first foray into rolling multinational tobaccos, instead of Mexican puros

Takes
Flor de Florez--discarded...torn wrapper and foot
Unbanded short fill Honduran toro....unwrapped...bwaaaa...discarded
La Aroma de Cuba
Fuente 858...very kind of the passer, thank you
La Gloria...dark rothchild
V.Sinclair #55...I've wanted to try this cigar, again thank-you
Iguana...teeny weeny cigarillo like to smoke while packing the box
RyJ...en tubo glass

The tupperdores are now quite full, so there should be no shifting.
Ryan...I'm off to the post office. This will be your delivery confirmation number.
It probably won't track until tonight.
0301 0120 0006 7639 3917

To the guys who preceeded me...Thank you...and remember to pack properly.

Steve*R

Nice pushes and pulls Steve. Good points made also. I had included some ziplocs in the box when I started. At least I thought I did ??? I see a couple of puts that I would like to try. Do you know how Te-Amo is doing now that the tobacco tariff was eased in MX? I have tried a few of them and thought they were so-so. I have yet to try the Anniversario, how are they?

Emo

Re: Te-Amo Anniversario

While it's a Mexican rolled cigar, it's not solely a Mexican tobacco cigar. As I wrote in the above post, the Anniversario is a multi nation blend. It hasn't been publicized much, but Te-Amo is no longer an "independent" of Alberto Turrent. It is an Altadis brand. Here's the copy from the Altadis web page: "a new Te-Amo is unveiled... the Te-Amo Aniversario. This is the first Te-Amo hand crafted with the Habana 2000™ wrapper, and a rich blend of Dominican, Nicaraguan and Mexican grown long fillers. It is perhaps the finest Te-Amo cigar ever made."

I'm not anti-Mexican cigars. I think they have an earthy flavor. I've smoked many an Aromas San Andres and enjoyed them. It, however, took me years to get through half a dozen gifted Matacans.

The Te-Amo regular line of Mexican puros bears no resemblance to the Anniversarios. The Anniversarios have obviously been individually draw tested, as the draw is perfect. The wrappers are beautifully applied. This is the "new" Habana 2000, a very nice wrapper leaf. Some of you may recall the early Habana 2000, like the leaf used on Cabanas, which required a propane torch to ignite.

MSRP on the 25 ct. box pressed figurado, I enclosed is $137.50, but JR generally has them for about $90.00 a box for this size. It's a $3.50 to $4.00 cigar at retail, box price; usually $5.50 locally for a single.

It's medium+ on the power scale. I think they have nice flavor, but like many cigars that aren't in my regular rotation (which varies considerably) it takes me the first half inch to reacquaint myself with the cigar.

WOW, great puts and takes Steve AND you had some very good points about wrapping cigars and taping the box.

You'd probably do everyone here a great service by adding points like that to Misc's thread where he discusses some of the finer points about passes.

Thsi pass is moving along great!!!!

Just another word on the Te Amo Anniversario..........

I just got back from my local Barnes and Noble where I read the latest issue of Cigar Aficianado. Yes, yes.......I know, the ratings are all advertising based.

In any event the Te Amo Anniversario rated a 91, the highest score this issue.
In the torpedo class, the Torano Silver took the top spot, I believe with a 90.

In any event...they're in the box on the way to Ryan.

Man, you took 3 of the cigars I put in there. La Aroma, 858, and the RyJ. Very nice. :) Hope you like them. :thumbs:

Michael: You have excellent taste in cigars, and I am pleased to have taken advantage of it. I will certainly request that I follow you in another pass. Thank you.

Mailman tried to drop it off today, I'll pick it up from the PO tomorrow morning.

:thumbs: The USPS works pretty good, but giving them help by keeping the routes short is always best policy! Have fun with it.

Emo

That was fast! Sent out Saturday, attempted delivery on Monday. I don't think that's typical. I don't live far from the 24 hour airport USPS station and I delivered the parcel there before noon Saturday. Usually from the airport facility, it goes out on one of the next available flights.

Ok, got it!

All domestic here...

Takes:
Cusano Exclusivo
Vega Telanga
Consuegra

Puts:
Cuesta Rey Milano
CAO Gold Corona
Ramon Allones Ultimo
Perdomo2 Exponente Maduro

That doesn't quite look right, though I am trying to restrain myself. Ok, threw in an AF Flor Fina. There.

DC# 0103 8555 7491 3205 9773
Ins# VB 175 424 522 US

Hey, got the box pass yesterday, and trying to work something out with Styx&Stoned to pass it on.

ALostTexan

ALostTexan said:
Hey, got the box pass yesterday, and trying to work something out with Styx&Stoned to pass it on.

ALostTexan
Alright, try to have something concrete by tomorrow evening, otherwise just drop it in the mail. :thumbs:

Emo