• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Workshop Projects

Acclaym

Moderation in moderation
Howdy, y'all. Not sure if we already have a woodworking thread but here's my wife and I's latest project. Turning bourbon barrels into some man cave furniture. First up, two end tables. The smell was unreal! 🥃😍

Woodford and Buffalo Trace.
UsR3osr.jpg

euEY5gS.jpg

zbkpLTu.jpg

You can see how far the bourbon penetrated the oak staves.
pLFYntq.jpg

MBk55Ui.jpg

I've purchased a couple of cheap glass-top end tables from FB marketplace. I'll seal the barrels and throw on the glass tops this weekend.

Very cool project!!!! I am wanting to make my own humidor but that would require a lot of tools and skills I don't currently have!!!

Could you have done both tables from 1 barrel?

Cool, I've got a bunch of wine barrels in my basement that we used to use for my homebrew club. I'm thinking about breaking them all the way diem and making something with the staves.

ETA- Definitely not a woodworker, but current project is a chuck box for my camper with a fold down door that doubles as a cutting board that I'm making from end grain walnut. I'm currently waiting to plane it at the high school wood shop.

Cool, I've got a bunch of wine barrels in my basement that we used to use for my homebrew club. I'm thinking about breaking them all the way diem and making something with the staves.

ETA- Definitely not a woodworker, but current project is a chuck box for my camper with a fold down door that doubles as a cutting board that I'm making from end grain walnut. I'm currently waiting to plane it at the high school wood shop.

Staying on the previous guitar theme, check out Paoletti Guitars. They make all of their guitars out of 150+ year old wine barrels. I want a Richard Fortus signature guitar in white soooooo bad.

I've heard that barrels used for beer can be damn near unusable due to the permanent stench. Goodluck!

Staying on the previous guitar theme, check out Paoletti Guitars. They make all of their guitars out of 150+ year old wine barrels. I want a Richard Fortus signature guitar in white soooooo bad.

Very cool!!

Long day in the shed getting the Kubota ready for winter and the very short daylight days that are right around the corner in the north country. The stock head lights suck so I added 4 LED spot lights. These are awesome and should make snow blowing in the dark that much easier. CE6E1867-4795-4C44-9B5C-E43319D27761.jpeg0458E5EA-2DA3-45EA-989F-216FFD2E0163.jpeg822935AB-1217-4A2E-9644-DD2FE27DAE66.jpegDC03B0C5-09A3-43FF-9D37-BB2677DF1289.jpeg5B59EE9D-D7EB-4297-AF02-3E26FA0B3CEF.jpeg

Paul

Project #2 today was fabricating a dolly for the backhoe so it will make storing it for the winter that much easier. When I rebuilt the wife’s motor I bought a cheap engine stand from Harbor Freight for $50. I knew I was going to repurpose it at some point and this is what I came up with. A little bit of changes on wheel locations at the end but all in all I’m happy with it. Just have a bit more cleaning to do and then paint it.

44970FFA-028B-4F4C-A991-57F1A3CF6E73.jpeg40D5BBA6-769C-42A6-8DBD-0E8203232F9D.jpegA65241F5-47BF-43CF-A604-DA23416A88A6.jpeg6C0C0657-28AD-460D-87AA-1CB27A1451C3.jpegB63B9E39-A617-47BE-8052-9AF09D8288F4.jpeg

Cheers!
Paul

Very cool thread. I don't have any current projects going, but have done a few that I will have to get pictures of.

My favorite was turning a wine barrel into a 24 bottle wine rack with a cork lined service tray on top.

Very cool thread. I don't have any current projects going, but have done a few that I will have to get pictures of.

My favorite was turning a wine barrel into a 24 bottle wine rack with a cork lined service tray on top.
Yeah, this didn't happen unless pictures. I have to see this