• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

would appreciate some advice

Really? I dont have that problem with most. Generally only from the Nic region. The first camacho triple maduro I had literally taste like chocolate. The 2nd not so much, mostly because I apired that with beer instead of a sugary drink. Pairing certainly makes a difference. The cheap Quintero are much better with coffee then alcohol as another example.

What did you think of that Oliva 135 Anniversary?

Really? I dont have that problem with most. Generally only from the Nic region. The first camacho triple maduro I had literally taste like chocolate. The 2nd not so much, mostly because I apired that with beer instead of a sugary drink. Pairing certainly makes a difference. The cheap Quintero are much better with coffee then alcohol as another example.
I pretty much only drink coffee or tea with cigars anymore. Used to like sweet, dark beers when I still drank, never liked anything light and/or hoppy with cigars really. High octane Belgian beers were probably my favorite, but they were my favorite in general, so who knows.

I'm new to the forum so apologies if this topic has been asked and answered elsewhere.

My wife and I smoke together and have found we tend to like Nicaraguan cigars, especially puros, more than most others. Habano wrappers seem to be to our liking. Examples would be Le Bijou and Flor de las Antillas from My Father.

Would there be a specific brand or brands of Cubans that would appeal more to us? This may be an incorrect way to think about it but that is why I ask for some advice.

We will be traveling in the near future where we will be able to enjoy some authentic Cubans. Trying not to do it completely blind.

Thanks
None.

Buy a variety and sample.

What a great time for discovery.

Then again, search here for Evil Dr Moki Blind tasting.

Try as many authentic Cubans as you can. There’s nothing about liking or disliking products from another country’s soil that gives good enough guidance for Cuba’s products. Try them…and enjoy them all. Heck, even the Jose Piedra machine mades are good smokes!

I can taste pepper or cream and leather but ain’t no way I’m waxing poetic on all these exotic flavors some people pick up. Mostly it’s tobacco some better than others.

Oh no... that can't continue to be a thing. Have you had an El Güegüense before (Wise Man)? Or anything Illusione? Sticks from the Ometepe isle, with its ultra rich volcanic soil and alkaloids, can stand up to just about any stick from Havana or the DR (yeah.. I said it!).

Ometepe translates to "two mountains", which refers to the islands twin volcanos, Concepción and Maderas. While the former is dormant, the latter erupts quite frequently.. geologically speaking. They also grow and provide some of the best and most fragrant Spanish cedar in the world.

View attachment 52490

The Partagas Decadas is a damn tasty stick with a nice heap of Ometepe leaves in it. The Diesel Delirium is another must try. I also hear the next cigar for Illusione's Jeremy Piven Collection will be chock full of Placensia grown Ometepe... that will be an automatic box buy.

As General and TABSA (owned by Casa Fernandez & Aganorsa owner Eddie Fernandez), continue to grow their Nicaraguan operations (Illusione, Foundation, Warped, Viaje, HVC, etc), you can expect many more amazing sticks from that region.

Cubans will always have their distinct and amazing profiles. But some of the Nicaraguans, especially certain puros, have their own unique and amazing profiles as well. It's now a great rivalry for Cubanos... just like Dominicans were - and still are.

It's a rivalry I'm happy to participate with. 👍
You’re dead to me…..

ain’t no way I’m waxing poetic on all these exotic flavors some people pick up. Mostly it’s tobacco some better than others.
That sounds exactly like my reviews

"First third tasted like a cigar, transitioning into cigar for the 2nd third, last third had definite cigar flavor with hints of cigar".

I like some cigars better than others, but they all follow the same basic review profile.