• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Youngs Double Chocolate Stout

Brazilla

I've been wanting to try a Chocolate Stout for a long time and finally got a chance last week. What a great beer for a cigar. I normally drink the liquor with my sticks but this brew screamed for cigar companionship. What a nice pairing.

Agreed. Many on CP have tried and enjoyed that beer with a cigar. Its good, easy to find and not overly expensive. Glad you liked it.

EXCELLENT STOUT, my absolute favorite to be exact.

Now wait until you use it to make Scottish Carbombs. Yummy!

Haha! One of my favorite stouts now as well! I had it while Herfin' with great people in Chicago! Wouldn't say it's my favorite, but definitely one of the top 10...if not top 5. Just my .02

By far my favorite Stout. It pair excellently with any Oadron!

I really like Young's Double Chocolate Stout.
It goes REALLY well with either a Padrón Serie 1926 or a Padrón 1964 Anniversary (pick your favorite size).

Need to try it in both a can and a bottle. Two totally different taste experiences.............Both good with a cigar.

I have had Youngs in the past and really enjoyed it. I think I might pick up a few of these on the way home and fire up a Padron '64! :thumbs:

I'm a huge fan of microbrews ... I like my beer the way I love my cigars ... DARK!

Young's Double Chocolate Stout is a dessert beer to me, like a liquified piece of chocolate cake crammed into a malty drink.

Brooklyn makes a Black Chocolate Stout that's to die for also, I recommend it if you can find it ...

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='695372' date='Jul 16 2008, 01:15 PM']it also makes a good stout float for desert[/quote]

They have this on their menu at the Flying Saucer in Memphis.

And I agree with everyone here. Excellent beer. We don't get it down here in Mississippi so I bought every bottle I saw while in Florida for July 4th. Their Oatmeal Stout is not too bad, either.

I tried my first 4pk a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Strong chocolate and malty flavor. I almost wish there was a stronger alcohol taste to it though. That seems weird to say but I could've used a little more "beer" flavor in mixed with the chocolate/malt.

Need to try it in both a can and a bottle. Two totally different taste experiences.............Both good with a cigar.

Ive had both and prefer the can. That being said, it is wonderful on tap!!! :thumbs: We have a bar called the yard house here that probably has 100 beers on tap. :D

I like Youngs and a 2.99 for a 22oz bottle the price is right. One of my favorite stouts, but not enough to knock off Siberian Night by Thirsty Dog.

Ive had both and prefer the can. That being said, it is wonderful on tap!!! :thumbs: We have a bar called the yard house here that probably has 100 beers on tap. :D

Definitely Fia. The Yardhouse is awesome. It's actually a chain that is all over the US. Well, not all over. It's still kinda limited, but yeah. That place is like heaven. :D

With all the chatter I decided to get myself a bottle of this after work today. Pretty damn good! I didn't really know what to expect but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I started to pair it with a Padron 40 Years Nattie but because of time limitations(watchin' a movie with the family tonight) I opted for a shorter smoke... Partagas 160. Excellent pairing, but I think this stout would pair well with just about any cigar.

Out of curiosity.... what does a bottle of this normally go for? I've only found this in one liquor store in my area so far and it was $5.00/bottle. The sign said it was normally $7.00. Is this true? Just seems a li'l steep.

With all the chatter I decided to get myself a bottle of this after work today. Pretty damn good! I didn't really know what to expect but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I started to pair it with a Padron 40 Years Nattie but because of time limitations(watchin' a movie with the family tonight) I opted for a shorter smoke... Partagas 160. Excellent pairing, but I think this stout would pair well with just about any cigar.

Out of curiosity.... what does a bottle of this normally go for? I've only found this in one liquor store in my are so far and it was $5.00/bottle. The sign said it was normally $7.00. Is this true? Just seems a li'l steep.
This is by FAR my absolute favorite stout and you do need to try pairing it with a Padron....doesn't get much better than that. I get mine for $3.59 a bottle.

This is by FAR my absolute favorite stout and you do need to try pairing it with a Padron....doesn't get much better than that. I get mine for $3.59 a bottle.

Out of curiosity.... what does a bottle of this normally go for? I've only found this in one liquor store in my area so far and it was $5.00/bottle. The sign said it was normally $7.00. Is this true? Just seems a li'l steep.

Is that what you guys are paying for the 22oz bottle? If so I guess I need to stop whining about the amount of sin tax I pay. :D