• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2007 Newbie Fall/Winter Pass

...And off it goes to Jonesy...

DC# 0304 3490 000 8176 7048

Sounds good! I'll get it Monday so I'll have my P/T's posted by tomorrow sometime.

I am anxiously awaiting Jonesy's forward pass... What? You ain't sent it yet? :angry:

C&G ...find my happy place.

Alright guys, I had a little free time so here are my P/T's

Takes:
9) Davidoff Aniversario #3 tubo
17) LFD DL Chisel
22) PAN(M) Imperial
27) RP OWR maddie
19) Padilla Hybrid Churchill

Puts: (In order of takes)
28) Padron 1926 Serie #9 maddie
29) Oliva Master Blends #2 Robusto
30) LFD Mysterio
31) Tatuaje Zona Del Este Verocu #2
32) AF Anejo 50
33) WOAM
34) DPG Cuban Classic robusto
35) Padilla Obsidian
36) Tatuaje Cojonu 2003
37) San Cristobal Guajiro
38) Cuesta-Rey pyramid #9 Stanford's Cameroon Reserve

The last seven puts were one of my ways to help out the pass.

Fugghin Jonsey!! Always raising the property value and the bar. Nice play.

Ok, so I am a retard, and posted just a few min ago if you needed any help, and how this thing was shaping up. I see now that I am way late to the party. This looks like a rocking good time, enjoy fellow Brothers.

And the offer still stands, if there is anything that I can do to help, even from Iraq, just let me know.

Tim

Got the pass in today. Everything looks great and I'll be getting this out to Cards&Gars first thing Wednesday morning! :thumbs:

Awesome...P/T will be updated on main list shortly...

Got the pass in today. Everything looks great and I'll be getting this out to Cards&Gars first thing Wednesday morning! :thumbs:

Jonesy,

That should be good timing, I would expect to get it at least by Saturday or Monday. I will have a one day turn around, because on the 31st (Wednesday) I am off to Germany for two weeks (again).

Then, hopefully, no more trips until February. I think this will work out just fine.

C&G ...I'm off to see da Wurm...the wonderful, wonderful Wurm... (I think.)

Jonesy... Jonesy.... Nice Plays bro! Keep this up boys and I am going to be one lucky SOB to be at the end of this pass. Then... I have a few tricks up my sleeve to round out what is looking like a very nice pass. ;)

Im excited!

mac

OK...the main cigar list has been updated with Jonesy's P/T. I'm going to try a new way in listing the cigars as they go by grouping them by who puts them. Hopefully this makes it easier on myself in organizing.
Jonesy came across some problems with one of the cigars in its baggie. He has since fixed the problem and is getting this thing ready to go. Goes to show how we should pay attention when we get this thing just to make sure everything is alright. Thanks again Jonesy for helping us out with our first pass...

lurch

Cryptography - The study and practice of concealing information.
Dating back thousands of years, there are countless records and studies on cryptography and cryptanalysis. Password cracking, encoding/decoding, substitution ciphers, prime numbers with hundreds of digits, and complex and repeated algorithms. The study of ciphers is by no means a lost art, and truly fascinating.
Cipher - The algorithm used in encrypting a message.
Rather than having you look up random facts, or guess obscure information about me, I thought we could learn a little bit about basic cryptography through practice.

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, will be to calculate the key used in this cipher, and use a simple algorithm (picture based actually, but you could do it mathematically) to decode an encrypted message.

Simple Rules:
  • This contest is open only to members of this pass, but if others want to try it and pm me the answer, maybe I can have a side drawing for non pass members. We'll see just how strong your google-fu is.
  • Members of this pass are free to post their answers or progress at any point.
  • First public answer wins.
  • I will answer questions, but only if you convince me that you truly don't understand what I am asking.
  • For the sake of order, I will likely make edits to this post as necessary.
To start:
Take my birthday in the form MMDDYYYY
Convert each individual digit into its binary form (For example; 1 in binary is 1, 2 is 10, and 3 is 11...)
You should now have have a string of 16 ones and zeroes
Separate the 16 bits into a first half, and a second half.
You should have 8 ones and zeros on each side.
Convert each half back to a decimal form. They should come out as 3 digit numbers.

To find the key, take the first letter of each digit, you should have a key of 6 characters.
For example, if you got results 123 and 456 .. the key would be ottffs. one, two, three.. .etc

Use this Table(link), and a search for how a Vigenere Cipher works (can't just hand it to you... :whistling: )

The message to decode is
ZBUSVLNIECEDNKBV
All spaces are excluded.

Prize
Well telling you is no fun... It will be special, I promise.

Good Luck!

wow this is tough as I have been working at it for like an hour already! 11011100 / 11000101 robbie help me out here is this the right first and second eight? Cuz it creates a message that doesn't make much sense? From what I've done I get a key of TTZONS does this look right?

I got it!!! it reads GIVE IT UP FOR LURCH!!!!!

Cryptography - The study and practice of concealing information.

Good Luck!

Wow, Robbie! All this cryptology is tough.
I know I will never figure it out... but, I think
we should all put our hands together and
give it up for Lurch. :D

...He has done a great job putting this pass together!

C&G... did it for a living... :whistling:

Damn you C&G you had to beat me out by just a few minutes!!!! I take my hat off to you....good job

Marty... Not bad...not bad. I will tell you what...you did so good... I will split what ever the prize is with you.
...er... unless it is like a "baby" or something... :)

C&G... Mr. Cryptanalysis.

You really dont have to do that as you won fair and square....just enjoy the winnings and try not to rub it in too much :D