• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2007 Newbie Fall/Winter Pass

Awesome Kelly...The box should be getting to you soon.

lurch

Thanks C&G I was hoping to get my first tatuaje and it looks like the noble will be it!

Gents...

The box came, the box came... er ... was delivered...
So, I will inspect the box & Cigars, make my P/Ts, wrap it up, and send it out. TODAY!
(I got out of work early because (1) it is Friday, and (2) they were spraying for bugs in our building...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mine, Mine, MINE....ALL MINE! Buahahahahahahaha! :laugh:

...oh...I am supposed to "PASS" it along? ???
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Those that were responsible for hijacking this original post, namely "Evil Kelly," ...have been sacked.

C&G...smilin'

Gents...

So, I will inspect the box & Cigars (add a sharpie), make my P/Ts, wrap it up, and send it out. TODAY!
(I got out of work early because (1) it is Friday, and (2) they were spraying for bugs in our building...

Note: Those that were responsible for hijacking this original post, namely "Evil Kelly," ...have been sacked.

C&G...smilin'
Damn, Kelly....you weren't supposed to tell anyone about that!. :laugh: .....and to think, I had a nice little package planned to make up for your troubles! :sign:

Gents...

So, I will inspect the box & Cigars, make my P/Ts, wrap it up, and send it out. TODAY!

C&G...smilin'
Damn, Kelly....you weren't supposed to tell anyone about that!. :laugh: .....and to think, I had a nice little package planned to make up for your troubles! :sign:

...er...I don't know what you are talking about... ???
Are you making up stuff? :whistling:

-G&G... didn't say a word!

Attention all 2007 Newbie Fall/Winter Pass participants!

The package is away!!!!!
Anthony... It is coming at ya! ...er...at the speed of "snail mail" : 0307 1790 0004 6688 0041

OK...after all the hubbub here are the final P/Ts (No surprises):

Takes:

14) Gurkha Legend Torpedo
25) Perdomo Lot. 23 Natural Robusto
31) Tatuaje Zona Del Este Verocu #2
36) Tatuaje Cojonu 2003

Puts: (In order of takes)

39) La Flor Dominicana Factory Press II, Prensado Oscuro
40) Avo Domaine, No. 10
41) Griffin Special Edition XIII, 2007 Tubo
42) Padron Serie 1926, No. 6 (natural)
43) Tatuaje, Havana VI Series, Nobles

Tasks accomplished:
1. I put all my cigars in the little individual baggies. (and labeled them with the appropriate number.)
2. I updated the spread sheet with my P/Ts.
3. I repackaged the contents securely. (No movement of cigars.)
4. Sealed it with a kiss.
5. Mailed package to MartyMcFly

OH...lest I forget... It must have been you Jonesy...you sly dog! Good play on replacing the "Improvised Partagas Bead Tube" with two (2) Heartfelt Bead tubes!!! - Well done...Nice play!-

C&G...Impressed with Lurch's efforts and Jonesy's sense of good play! :thumbs:

Guess I will get started with my puts and takes so that they can get approved before I recieve the package. I believe my puts to be equal value or better than my takes but just like everyone else on this pass I am a newb so mistakes could have been made. Please don't take offense if I overlooked something as I certainly do not wish to rip anyone off, so just let me know and I will amend the problem(s). So here goes!

Takes:

2) AF Don Carlos
6) CAO Italia Ciao
20) Pailla 8/11 Lancero
43) Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles

Puts: (in order of takes)

44) Graycliff Profesionale P.G.
45) Olivia Series V Torpedo
46) El Centurion Emperadores
47) San Cristobal Classico
48) Bolivar Robusto
49) RP Connecticut Torpedo

I had some extra Bolivars laying around and got a fiver of the Graycliff for a sweet price so I figured I would throw them into the mix too...hope nobody minds?

*edited to reflect both issues that were brought to my attention

Guess I will get started with my puts and takes so that they can get approved before I recieve the package. I believe my puts to be equal value or better than my takes but just like everyone else on this pass I am a newb so mistakes could have been made. Please don't take offense if I overlooked something as I certainly do not wish to rip anyone off, so just let me know and I will amend the problem(s). So here goes!

Takes:

2) AF Don Carlos
6) CAO Italia Ciao
20) Pailla 8/11 Lancero
43) Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles

Puts: (in order of takes)

44) RP Connecticut Torpedo
45) Olivia Series V Torpedo
46) Gurkha Grand Age
47) San Cristobal Classico
48) Bolivar Robusto
49) Graycliff Profesionale P.G.

I had some extra Bolivars laying around and got a fiver of the Graycliff for a sweet price so I figured I would throw them into the mix too...hope nobody minds?

OK...I just did some research on your P/T. The ones in red are the ones I had some concerns about. The first one being the AF Don Carlos. The MSRP on the AF is 9.50 while the RP Conn is around 4.60. I couldn't find much about the RP, but what I did find all came out to be about the same. The second one I had a question about because you didn't include a size with the Gurkha. As soon as I see the size I'll be able to finish the research.
I think we're doing great here people. Some very good research is being done and I'm glad this is getting around quickly. BTW...My Iraq date is set in stone and due to OPSEC I can't tell you exactly when it is. What I can tell you is that it is around the middle of the the first month that starts with a "J". Thanks for all the research you guys are having me do.

lurch

Flip Flop the Graycliff and the RP Connecticut and you'll be good on the Don Carlos trade.

Good on ya, Mate...

....Oh, and "TAG!" you're IT! :laugh: When you are starting out...it ain't easy making the righteous P/Ts!

Yeah...I remember my first pass... :whistling:

Thank you fellas for including me in this pass... And a special thanks to Lurch for having the bullocks to make it happen, setting it up, and setting the standard. "Thank you" to Jonesy for his patience and guidance. ...AND, last but not least, ...to all you "experienced" folks out there that may not have shown themselves, but I know have provided guidance to Lurch and helped him along the way... and the ways to come.

C&G... Truly humbled by this community.

Hey lurch thanks for the info but I had a few questions for ya. Keep in mind I am by no means challenging your input or anything like that but rather I would like to become better aquanted with determining MSRP for cigars. On the cigar cyclopedia link that you have on the first page the RP Vintage 1999 Conecticut come out to ~$7.57 per my calculations. Then for the AF Don Carlos after doing the math from the same site I get ~$7.58. I got these figures by taking the lowest price and dividing it by the number of sticks as instructed on the first page. So is the AF Don Carlos a hard to find cigar or something (please enlighten me b/c i have never even heard of it and have no idea about its availibility). Also the Gurkha Grand Age is the Churchill 7.2x54. If you could kindly let me know where I went wrong that would be greatly appreciated and thanks for looking everything over!

Flip Flop the Graycliff and the RP Connecticut and you'll be good on the Don Carlos trade.

sorry jonesy I just saw your post and I can certainly flip flop the Graycliff and add the Gurkha in its place. But I would still like to get my schooling in so that I can try to become better at this trading business....thanks guys!

Hey lurch thanks for the info but I had a few questions for ya. Keep in mind I am by no means challenging your input or anything like that but rather I would like to become better aquanted with determining MSRP for cigars. On the cigar cyclopedia link that you have on the first page the RP Vintage 1999 Conecticut come out to ~$7.57 per my calculations. Then for the AF Don Carlos after doing the math from the same site I get ~$7.58. I got these figures by taking the lowest price and dividing it by the number of sticks as instructed on the first page. So is the AF Don Carlos a hard to find cigar or something (please enlighten me b/c i have never even heard of it and have no idea about its availibility). Also the Gurkha Grand Age is the Churchill 7.2x54. If you could kindly let me know where I went wrong that would be greatly appreciated and thanks for looking everything over!
Don't take this the wrong way......this is a newbie pass, so trades HAVE to be at equal value or greater. I know it's only a penny, but what's to say the next guy in line has a $6.78 for a $6.85 and he gets turned down? He'll say "it's only $.07 and you let Marty slide with a trade that wasn't equal, so you need to let me too". This pass is not just about you or I passing or learning to pass, it's also about the integrity of the board. Any member here will tell you that. They might also argue I'm being a dick for squashing a trade that is $.01 from being equal.....but that's the point , it's not equal. Since you threw in a Graycliff as a tag along, why not just switch it with the RP Connecticut and then you have a trade that works. I'm not jumping your case either, but these things have to be pointed out so everyone else can learn.

Don't take this the wrong way......this is a newbie pass, so trades HAVE to be at equal value or greater. I know it's only a penny, but what's to say the next guy in line has a $6.78 for a $6.85 and he gets turned down? He'll say "it's only $.07 and you let Marty slide with a trade that wasn't equal, so you need to let me too". This pass is not just about you or I passing or learning to pass, it's also about the integrity of the board. Any member here will tell you that. They might also argue I'm being a dick for squashing a trade that is $.01 from being equal.....but that's the point , it's not equal. Since you threw in a Graycliff as a tag along, why not just switch it with the RP Connecticut and then you have a trade that works. I'm not jumping your case either, but these things have to be pointed out so everyone else can learn.

Sounds good to me and your certainly not jumping on my case. This is a great opportunity to learn how passes work and I am definitely not well versed on how it is supposed to go down. Thanks for the quick responses and as I said I have no problems flip flopping the two sticks. Thanks Jonesy for pointing this out and keeping everything legit. I will edit my puts and takes to reflect the flip flop...let me know if anything else needs fixing? Oh and does the Grand Age for the Padilla work out or does that need some attention as well? Sorry for the trouble and thanks again to all those helping out here

...yeah...I remember my first pass... :whistling: <I just love saying that...>

Ahem...well now... while you gentlemen work out the details of Marty's P/Ts... I think I will step outside onto the porch and put fire to my new Perdomo Lot 23. :) Have a good evening, Gents. Oh...and Thank you!

C&G... feelin' mighty satisfied!

I think there may be some confusion here. RP actually makes a cigar called the 'Conneticut'.RP Conneticut I did not know you were talking about the Vintage or I would have looked at that one. As far as the Gurkha Grand Age goes...Everything I found online said that the Grand Age is a $7.50 cigar. I called a couple B&Ms around me and they all sold them for around the same price. The Padilla goes for $9.82 as per CC. CC doesn't have the Grand Age so I had to use outside sources in order to come across my info.

Yeah I really didn't know how much the Grand Age was so I just googled it and the first two sites had it listed at between $10-12 which is why I thought it would be a fair trade. Oh well I guess it wasn't equal so instead I will just have to put something that I know will cover its value! So how about an El Centurion Emperadores :thumbs: I will edit my puts and takes and I think all the issues will then be addressed. Thanks lurch and jonesy for input and let me know if everything is kosher after this.

Everything looks great. Thanks for working with us on this man...Again, thanks for taking part in this. Just let us know when this gets to you. Hopefully it will be around late Monday or early Tuesday...

lurch

Whew, just caught up on everything.
I go away for the weekend and miss our second lesson! :sign:
Good info all around.

C&G, haven't forgotten about you, I was busy with school last week. And I stopped at my local shop to see what was goin on, only to find my tobacconist had gone to the Post Office.. grumble... Hopefully I can get to a tobacco shop here in Minneapolis, maybe pick up something extra special. Your prizes will go out early next week.

Now to research the newly added cigars...

C&G, haven't forgotten about you, ....

Robbie...NO Worries! ... Bro, I am gone from 31 Oct to 12 Nov. I REALLY appreciate the thought.

On another note: Folks...I just thought of something... and I want to make sure that if I was wrong that Marty does not make the same mistake.
I placed the Boveda pack INSIDE the gallon zip lock with the cigars. Is that correct? If not - kill me! ???
I thought that was how it was sent... but upon further reflection (ok...in a slightly modest Zaya haze...) if the Boveda is inside zip lock with the cigars, why is it necessary to have humi beads inside the "lock & lock?"

-C&G... starting to doubt what I did.