• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2007 Newbie Fall/Winter Pass

Alright boys, this thing's packed up tighter than Dick's hatband and will be out the door to Kelly first thing in the morning!

Marty, sorry I didnt get back to you super promptly, but you had it all correct.
What was giving you trouble?
C&G did indeed win it, albeit modestly...

Wow, seems I need to really make these harder.. I thought Trane was more impenetrable, and that this would buy me some LOLing time as people struggled..
I'm gonna end up giving away all my cigars trying to stump you guys!

thanks for playing.. I hope more than 2 people attempted

Marty, sorry I didnt get back to you super promptly, but you had it all correct.

Wow, seems I need to really make these harder.. I thought Trane was more impenetrable, and that this would buy me some LOLing time as people struggled..

All's you need to do is talk to Ellen! :laugh:

Actually I had everything right it was just that I didn't look at the message correctly. I had it sitting there on the paper but it didn't click until i took another look at it and by then C&G had gotten it

I had a problem with CP at work today. For some reason the server was acting up on me at work. Oh well...awesome contest as usual robbie. Congrats to Kelly for winning this one. According to Jonesy he'll have this out in the morning so it looks like it going quite smoothly so far. Don't forget to give some feedback as far as the pass is going (postive or negative). Thanks so far for making this thing go...

lurch

I figured I would jot this down before hitting the rack...

This pass is going better than I expected... (like I have a lot of experience... :blush: ) Is it normal to have all these contests associated with a pass? ...it makes it very interesting. Plus I am learning a lot about cigars....since I have to look up the value of all of them...it really broadens my horizons. -That is a good thing.-

My plan is to post my Takes & Puts and wait for a "thumbs up" before I re-package and send everything forward. ...er...who decides if the P/T are good? I am assuming Lurch is, but I would also welcome any other opinions...

C&G ...8-6-7-5-3-0-9 eeeine

This pass is going better than I expected... (like I have a lot of experience... :blush: ) Is it normal to have all these contests associated with a pass? ...it makes it very interesting. Plus I am learning a lot about cigars....since I have to look up the value of all of them...it really broadens my horizons. -That is a good thing.-

My plan is to post my Takes & Puts and wait for a "thumbs up" before I re-package and send everything forward. ...er...who decides if the P/T are good? I am assuming Lurch is, but I would also welcome any other opinions...

Kellyyyyy I got your number!

Lurch will be approving the p/t's with my help if neccesary. Go ahead and post your p/t's now that this thing is in the air coming to you, this way when you get it you'll just unpack, inspect, make the switches, repack, and send. We're trying to make sure this gets back to Lurch in about a month and a half or so.

DC# 0306 2400 0000 0357 6763....OUT THIS MORNING!

.....nevermind....stupidity at work.

Too late... I have a plan!!! :laugh:

OK, Boys!!! I is a rarin’ to go! Here are my P/Ts for your review…

Takes:
3) AF Hemingway Classic Natural
14) Gurkha Legend Torpedo
25) Perdomo Lot. 23 Natural Robusto
31) Tatuaje Zona Del Este Verocu #2
36) Tatuaje Cojonu 2003

Puts: (In order of takes)
39) Tatuaje, Havana VI Series, Nobles
40) La Flor Dominicana Factory Press II, Prensad Oscuro
41) Avo Domaine, No. 20
42) Griffin Special Edition XIII, 2007 Tubo
43) Padron Serie 1926, No. 6 (natural)

How’s that?

OH, and two questions…

1. I would have loved to traded for the AF Anejo 50, but the only thing I had that was considered “rare enough” was another XXX Power Ranger, and I figured that might not be the right thing to do…putting a stick into the pass that was already there. Is that a correct thing to do?
-edit-…never mind about that specific trade (I see the Anejo costs a lot more), but the “same stick” question stands.

2. How do you determine rarity? Do you just kind of get a feel for it?

Thankee Mucho!

C&G… tryin’ to do the “right thing.”

.....nevermind....stupidity at work.

Too late... I have a plan!!! :laugh:

OK, Boys!!! I is a rarin’ to go! Here are my P/Ts for your review…

Takes:
3) AF Hemingway Classic Natural
36) Tatuaje Cojonu 2003

39) Tatuaje, Havana VI Series, Nobles
40) La Flor Dominicana Factory Press II, Prensad Oscuro
41) Avo Domaine, No. 20
42) Griffin Special Edition XIII, 2007 Tubo
43) Padron Serie 1926, No. 6 (natural)

How’s that?

OH, and two questions…

1. I would have loved to traded for the AF Anejo 50, but the only thing I had that was considered “rare enough” was another XXX Power Ranger, and I figured that might not be the right thing to do…putting a stick into the pass that was already there. Is that a correct thing to do?
-edit-…never mind about that specific trade (I see the Anejo costs a lot more), but the “same stick” question stands.

2. How do you determine rarity? Do you just kind of get a feel for it?

Thankee Mucho!

C&G… tryin’ to do the “right thing.”
Ok, first things first. If Lurch is using Cigarcyclopedia for MSRP and help with trades, the rule of thumb is you take the lowest box price for that cigar and divide it by number of cigars in the box. The Hemi classic comes to $6.49 a stick while the Tat comes out at $5.87 per. I know, I know, that's pretty close and trades get deferred to the host as to wether it's kosher or not, but this is a newbie pass, so close doesn't count so I would say that trade doesn't go. Lurch has final say in these matters, but I wanted to let you know how it's supposed to work in these "learning passes". As far as rarity is concerned, it's a pretty subjective matter. You have to look at how often the cigars come out, how many are produced, and how available are they. In a situation like the anejo, you want to make up for these things with a cigar that has more value to it than the one being traded for if yours doesn't have quite the rarity or the age on it. As far as multiples in the pass go, that's usually not a problem as long as people don't get carried away with it. The purpose of a pass is for people to get to choose from a variety of cigars that they may not have or may not be readily available to them. In the case of the Opus, I would say it would go fairly quickly because of the demand for them....you just don't want 4 or so in the pass if it only started with one. Hope this helps and I wasn't admonishing you for the Hemi/Tat trade...that's one of the things that will help everyone in the pass by seeing it.

...Ok, first things first. If Lurch is using Cigarcyclopedia for MSRP and help with trades, the rule of thumb is you take the lowest box price for that cigar and divide it by number of cigars in the box. The Hemi classic comes to $6.49 a stick while the Tat comes out at $5.87 per
[

Okey doke... I was actually going through the process of taking the lowest three (3) box prices, averaging them, and THEN dividing by number of cigars in a box (I was still short, [Tat @ $6.17 and Hemi @ $6.56] , so no argument there.), but thought I would make up for it somewhere else. ...that brings up another question...

- If you are unable to match to the penny...(I have read that it is bad to be both "over" and "under" P/T value) ... how close is "close enough?" --for government work, hand grenades, and trades--

C&G... trading my AF Curley Head for the Anejo. :whistling:

Okey doke... I was actually going through the process of taking the lowest three (3) box prices, averaging them, and THEN dividing by number of cigars in a box (I was still short, [Tat @ $6.17 and Hemi @ $6.56] , so no argument there.), but thought I would make up for it somewhere else. ...that brings up another question...

- If you are unable to match to the penny...(I have read that it is bad to be both "over" and "under" P/T value) ... how close is "close enough?" --for government work, hand grenades, and trades--

C&G... trading my AF Curley Head for the Anejo. :whistling:
...close enough is same value or over. One main thing in passes is you can't make up the difference in value for one trade with another trade. You might be $3 over on one and only $.40 under on another and the second trade will still get squashed. It's an unwritten rule to leave a pass better than how you recieved it.

BTW, if I'd known you had Curly Head's, we coulda worked out a little side trade! :laugh:

...close enough is same value or over. One main thing in passes is you can't make up the difference in value for one trade with another trade. You might be $3 over on one and only $.40 under on another and the second trade will still get squashed. It's an unwritten rule to leave a pass better than how you recieved it.

BTW, if I'd known you had Curly Head's, we coulda worked out a little side trade! :laugh:

OK...FINE! Since "Jonesy" sees fit to use "LOGIC" and "FAIR PLAY" to crush my P/Ts... :D ... here is my new list:

Takes:

36) Tatuaje Cojonu 2003
29) Oliva Master Blends #2 Robusto

39) La Flor Dominicana Factory Press II, Prensado Oscuro
40) Avo Domaine, No. 20
41) Griffin Special Edition XIII, 2007 Tubo
42) Padron Serie 1926, No. 6 (natural)
43) Tatuaje, Havana VI Series, Nobles

What do you think of me now?
Thanks Jonesy... it was a good lesson learned!

C&G ...I should use search more often.

LOL, someone had to take the first hit :)

....reading every step of the way.

Thanks to jonesy for the help

Man! I drop off the boards for a little while, and I miss the latest newb pass. @$#*&!

OK...FINE! Since "Jonesy" sees fit to use "LOGIC" and "FAIR PLAY" to crush my P/Ts... :D ... here is my new list:

Takes:

36) Tatuaje Cojonu 2003
29) Oliva Master Blends #2 Robusto

40) Avo Domaine, No. 20

What do you think of me now?
Thanks Jonesy... it was a good lesson learned!

C&G ...I should use search more often.

Ok...I did some research when I got home and came up with this. Everything looks good except for the red ones. The MB2 is no longer in production therefore a little more rare than the Tat. If you go by the cigarcyclopedia.com pricing, the Tat is listed at about $6.30. Since the MB2 is no longer in production I couldn't find decisive pricing for it. But I did find a couple websites that still show what they would charge if the did have it. The MB2 came out to around $9.00 making it $2.70 more than the Tat. Take into account that they are no longer made and the price goes up about a dollar in value. The Put would need to be around $9.50 to $10.00 to be even...Thanks guys...

lurch

OK..."Double Dog" FINE! Since "Jonesy" AND "LURCH" sees fit to used "LOGIC" and "FAIR PLAY" to crush my bullocks ... :0 ... here is my new and final P/Ts:

Takes:

36) Tatuaje Cojonu 2003

40) Avo Domaine, No. 20 No. 10 (Sorry...It is a 10 not a 20.)

I decided that I will not, should not, could not take the Oliva. I did some research too and confirmed what Lurch and Jonesy said... and while researching I discovered that Oliva now has out the Master Blends III. Since, I am trying to discover new cigars that I like AND can purchase, I have decided to buy the Oliva Master Blends III. .... I am on a quest... -edit- I don't have much to offer, but I feel like since I took the only other Tatuajes (I have not tried them yet), I wanted to share my absolute Tat favorite - the Havana VI - enjoy.

So, fellas...thanks for all your help! :)

C&G...where the hell are my gars?! :laugh: -edit- NO REALLY...where the hell are my gars!!!! :D