• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2007 Newbie Fall/Winter Pass

C&G, haven't forgotten about you, ....

Robbie...NO Worries! ... Bro, I am gone from 31 Oct to 12 Nov. I REALLY appreciate the thought.

On another note: Folks...I just thought of something... and I want to make sure that if I was wrong that Marty does not make the same mistake.
I placed the Boveda pack INSIDE the gallon zip lock with the cigars. Is that correct? If not - kill me! ???
I thought that was how it was sent... but upon further reflection (ok...in a slightly modest Zaya haze...) if the Boveda is inside zip lock with the cigars, why is it necessary to have humi beads inside the "lock & lock?"

-C&G... starting to doubt what I did.

Jonesy told me he put a REAL bead tube inside the lock & lock and added a Boveda pack inside the gallon bag...I'm not quite sure what the Boveda pack is for but I guess you can never be to sure....

Jonesy told me he put a REAL bead tube inside the lock & lock and added a Boveda pack inside the gallon bag...I'm not quite sure what the Boveda pack is for but I guess you can never be to sure....

NO...he put TWO Heartfelt tubes inside the Lock&Lock!!! :thumbs: That Jonesy, was very well done!!

Well...I am sure he will tell us why after he reads this... I am just relieved that I put it back right.
Thanks Lurch...

-C&G...not a "F*ck Up."

NO...he put TWO Heartfelt tubes inside the Lock&Lock!!! :thumbs: That Jonesy, was very well done!!

Well...I am sure he will tell us why after he reads this... I am just relieved that I put it back right.
Thanks Lurch...

-C&G...not a "F*ck Up."
First off, the Boveda helps with the RH inside the ziplock bag. Since it's a constant rh, you don't have to worry about someone forgetting to rehydrate the beads. As far as the tubes in the box, you can never be too careful. Someone may forget to put the Humidipak back in the ziplock, they might leave the cigars out in the open overnight, so this helps stabilize the inside of the container. Going back to the Boveda....the cigars are in individual baggies which are in a ziplock bag, so the tubes aren't gonna help the cigars if they are sitting outside in the container and not able to help what's going on inside the ziplock. I have two 8oz Heartfelt tubes and humidipaks in my pass which started with a value of over $750 for 35 cigars.....I certainly didn't want to run the risk of them drying out in the process of going around the country. Hope this helps the confusion a little.

-Jonesy...trying not to be a "F#ck Up" :laugh:

As always....looking out for your fellow BOTLs...thanks for that little tid bit of info....

lurch.....<f%$k up

Gee...it is almost like Jonesy has done this before... Ya Think? :D

C&G... off to go shopping for dinner (mmmm...Sauerbraten and spatzle...)

I've just been informed that due to personal issues, Humboldtflyer won't be able to finish off this pass. I've contacted someone near him to take his spot and I'll update ya'll when I find out if he can partake.

I recieved that package today and will be taking a look at everything tonight after class :D . I will have this all packed up and shipped out tomorrow afternoon!

Ok...earlier today I contacted MAS_Puros in regards to taking over for Humboldtflyer. He said he would love to and since he's from Los Angeles this will work out fine. I will PM MartyMcFly so he can update the address page of the folder...

If anyone has any input regarding this feel free to speak your peace....

lurch

Ok...earlier today I contacted MAS_Puros in regards to taking over for Humboldtflyer. He said he would love to and since he's from Los Angeles this will work out fine. I will PM MartyMcFly so he can update the address page of the folder...

lurch

Nice of you to offer this up to the group for input but this is your pass Michael, you made the decision on the switch, so as far as I'm concerned no one should have a problem with this.

I took and I put! Everything seems to be in order and all the sticks are doing just fine :thumbs:. I also updated the Address sheet (removing Humboldtflyer and adding MAS_Puros in the 7th slot) per request. It's all packed up for the night and will be on its way to Robbie tomorrow. Will post tomorrow afternoon with the DC# so get ready Robbie!

Yikes! I think I'm ready. Hopefully this is here Thursday... as I have company coming Friday.
I will post my possible puts and takes for review tomorrow... if I can.

I am excited and can't wait to add my Fat Cats to the package :blush: ... jk!

Thanks for the invite and I hope I won't disappoint! ;)

Alright gents....Marty's P/T have been updated on the master list. Robbie, heads up bro. Here it comes...

lurch

Just what I would have expected from a Marine: decisive decision making!
Good call, Devil Dog.
Gee...thanks for raising the bar on this pass so high that we will never live up to your example. :angry: What are you? The "Chesty Puller" of Cigar Pass? Sheesh! :D

C&G...did you notice how those Opus' look EXACTLY like White Owl puros? ???

Well, no sense in delaying the inevitable...
Here are my puts and takes. I tried to estimate high for takes, and low for puts.. but, we'll see.
Survey Says....
Takes:
40) AVO Domaine #10
38) Cuesta Rey #9 Standfords Cameroon Reserve
37) San Cristobal Guajiro

Puts: (in order, of course)
50) Bucanero El Capitan Pegleg ......... (smoke your's yet jonesy? ;) )
51) Gurkha Black Puro Torpedo
52) Cabaiguan Belicoso

Nice job on the P/T's Robbie! ...and no, I have yet to experience the pleasure of smoking the "Peg leg" you gifted me. :)

Thanks for the quick turn-around Marty. Your P/T are great and thanks for being a part of my first pass.

Heads up Robbie...Rounds coming down range!!!!

Thanks for the quick turn-around Marty. Your P/T are great and thanks for being a part of my first pass.

Heads up Robbie...Rounds coming down range!!!!

No problem and I'm glad I was able to get in on this. If anyone should be thanked it should be you for organizing this bad boy! Great work so far and I will continue to follow the progress

Just wanted to stick my head in and say that even though I've been fairly absent from the board, I am nevertheless ready to go here. Work has just been crazy and I haven't had time to do more than skim the forums in the last few days. It looks like the pass is going quite smoothly; nice job thus far everyone!