• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

3 Pricks, Giddy Asshats & a Flake pass

If there are no complaints, I think Sneeds is good to go. Which means Daryl (BigBear) is up to the plate.

I have a complaint, but no one will listen to me....

Look how little fun (or how much fun) this pass would be if the four "most senior" members (yea Tim, I'm including you even though you're just trolling) weren't all up in this pass?

Backslide said:
Daryl only smokes shit cigars FYI. You've been warned. ;)

Are you givin up my secrets...  :whistling:

Jonesy said:
I have a complaint, but no one will listen to me....

Look how little fun (or how much fun) this pass would be if the four "most senior" members (yea Tim, I'm including you even though you're just trolling) weren't all up in this pass?
Quit your bitching baldy!

Ok so here goes...

T: Cohiba Siglo III P: HdM Des Dieux 03 (After conferring on this I believe the age & the fact that this is only avail from one supplier should offset the small price difference.)
T: HdM Edition Limitada 11 P: Cohiba Siglo VI
T: HdM Epicure No. 1 P: HdM Epicure No. 2
T: LGC Tanios P: PL RE Spain Legendarios (I suspect the $9 over put should offset the discontinuation)
T: HdM Epicure Regalos 07 P: PL RE Asia Robusto 07
T: Fuente Anejo #77 P: Tatuaje The Mummy

If these are approved tonight, I will have them out by tomorrow afternoon.

Wow, that is quite the exchange.  I really wanted the LGC, but alas, it is now gone.  This pass is a ton of fun to be a part of.

Quite a proposal indeed. The second is a big over put IMO and the last seems a bit off unfortunately. The HdM EL cost half of a Siglo VI and the monster is a one time release and cost a bit more.

I guess the usual suspects will show up and add.

Nice job

This pass has some great cigars being traded........my humidor is very jealous!  :p

Frank

That is quite a proposal, let me look at the numbers. Input gentlemen, this one is gonna be tricky!

louich said:
Quite a proposal indeed. The second is a big over put IMO and the last seems a bit off unfortunately. The HdM EL cost half of a Siglo VI and the monster is a one time release and cost a bit more.

Nice job

All due respect... I certainly do appreciate your feedback.

But... from my perspective, put 2 is my show of appreciation to the host (EL is 14.40 not that large of a difference)... Not to mention it is the closest thing to my take & I want to try the EL.
The Mummy, I can get all day long & is worth it to me as I have 1 Shark & would like to have 2 for a proper example of the smoke.

CJ, don't give me no crap!!  :laugh:

Thanks!!

EDIT: Show cost of EL

louich said:

Nice job
Since you asked, here I am....

This is what a pass is about, trades like the one proposed! This is one of the best P/T's for a pass I've seen in a while and it's coming from a new guy! They were thought out and well researched (except for #3, see explanation below). The second is NOT a big overput. You're looking at an $18 cigar going in the pass for a $14, one time release which is what you HAVE to do in the event you trade for a "rare" cigar without matching rarity.....you overput with a premium like a Cohiba (see, someone actually was listening to me when I said this on the previous page....thanks Mr. Bear!). There's also nothing wrong with the last trade either. They are fairly close in price and match rarity.

The only one I don't like is the Legendarios for the Tainos. That's a huge overput. An RE in the same price point of the Tainos would take it because you then cancel out the fact Tainos is discontinued with a one time Regional Release. Now we're looking at a $24 cigar going in the pass for a ~$13 cigar and rarity cancels out so you can't add any more value to the Tainos due to discontinuation.

@Jonesy... First, thanks for the confirmation that I'm moving in the right direction.
Secondly, I can understand that putting the PL would considerably raise the price (But we are talking about a discontinued product that I can't find to purchase anywhere).
Personally, I felt the PL RE Spain still being available, while high, would offset this.
With that said, what is an acceptable price point increase to make up for the discontinuation? If we're talking 3 or 4 dollars that's great, any higher then I feel I'm on point.

Thanks Much!!

Well...Someone need to pm with the source of those Siglo :) They sell for 20 at LCDH in Varadero...

As for the mum vs shark I get the point and Im okay with it.

No direspect intended and none percieved Big!

louich said:
Well...Someone need to pm with the source of those Siglo :) They sell for 20 at LCDH in Varadero...

Ouch on the Siglo... That's a couple bucks high, but you have more tax/import cost don't you?

Awesome... Same goes here bro, I truly do appreciate & respect all the input I can get (I will stand for what I see, as anyone else should!!).  ;)

BigBear said:
@Jonesy... First, thanks for the confirmation that I'm moving in the right direction.
Secondly, I can understand that putting the PL would considerably raise the price (But we are talking about a discontinued product that I can't find to purchase anywhere).
Personally, I felt the PL RE Spain still being available, while high, would offset this.
With that said, what is an acceptable price point increase to make up for the discontinuation? If we're talking 3 or 4 dollars that's great, any higher then I feel I'm on point.

Thanks Much!!

As far as a price point on the discontinuation of the Tainos, putting something in like a RE or LE in the same price range, regardless of availability, is a good trade. You've already made one trade going rarity/premium, so a second wouldn't really be kosher. With a $13 cigar, just because it's discontinued doesn't automatically add $5+ dollars to it, you're looking at $3 at the absolute most.
louich said:

There are plenty of vendors selling the Sig VI for $18. You just need to look past where you get yours.

To be honnest Jonsey. Since I came back from the island last year I been searching for normally priced CC's and I never came close to finding stuff under the prices of the Island. THE BEST i found was near or equal but never under.
(and I think Ive found great sources but hey Ill keep lookin I guess...)

Bear, I cannot import directly without paying huge amount of taxe on tobacco but when I got there on vacation it's tax free up to 100 sticks.

Anyways if you guys are okay with it Im cool. (But I still want a pm for the supersource :)