• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Adventures In Home Inspection (Some May Be NSFW)

Nothing!

I've spent a few days in worse places than that!

There is a screw-off urinal!

The reflection pool is a nice touch!

I don't know if that's a coon's eyes reflecting all the way back but I would be willing to share.

I'm guessing that's his ex-wife buried in the far background which might be a little weird!

Plumbing not supported properly with what appears to be back-fall, non-shielded band on PVC to CI transition, regular 90 degree bend going from vertical to horizontal. And a leak from what it appears, with all that water on the ground or is that water from the drain that is just stubbed down into the crawlspace?
Nice! The only thing you missed is the negative slope where the contractor installed the PVC main drain line section. It was a leak. Came from the hall bath tub overflow drain after I filled it. The other thing is the disconnected HVAC service duct in the back ground. Hard to see in the picture, so I didn’t expect anyone really to get that one.

Oh! I let the support thing go. It’s okay to use bricks, or masonry block my way, but I personally like to see straps that are wrapped around the pipe and suspended from the floor joist.

Sounds like some good experience here and I've got a quick question about a roof. Ours was recently done and now they are looking for the remaining balance. We don't feel the work was all very "quality". To dispute the final charges, would it be better to have a 3rd party roofer or Home Inspector come out? Thanks!

I'm not sure what code is but the pvc to hard pipe drain looks a wee bit slanted in the wrong direction. This may create an issue. And if it is a coon in the background, John may have a bit of fun here pretty quick.

John, out of curiosity, can you list a few of the infractions, so we can learn, too? Thanks.

Floyd T

Nice! The only thing you missed is the negative slope where the contractor installed the PVC main drain line section. It was a leak. Came from the hall bath tub overflow drain after I filled it. The other thing is the disconnected HVAC service duct in the back ground. Hard to see in the picture, so I didn’t expect anyone really to get that one.

Oh! I let the support thing go. It’s okay to use bricks, or masonry block my way, but I personally like to see straps that are wrapped around the pipe and suspended from the floor joist.
Negative Slope = Back Fall

I'm not sure what code is but the pvc to hard pipe drain looks a wee bit slanted in the wrong direction. This may create an issue. And if it is a coon in the background, John may have a bit of fun here pretty quick.

John, out of curiosity, can you list a few of the infractions, so we can learn, too? Thanks.

Floyd T
Look up Floyd… You were probably typing right when I replied. Aaron got all of them with the exception of what you called out.

A home inspector is a start, but you want to really research them to make sure they know what they’re talking about and will give you a solid report.

A roofing contractor would be better. It’s highly likely that once you tell them what you’re trying to do, that they might be reluctant to get caught up in that. If you do approach them, I’d suggest telling them you don’t want to name any names. If they guess who it was, then you probably have your answer.

Regardless of sex or sexual orientation, this individual is somewhat disturbed to say the least
Yeah! I like the one little normal picture of a girl just to make it look good. :rolleyes:

Yes. Let’s not point out the two clowns hanging from above the bed. That would seem normal