• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Adventures In Home Inspection (Some May Be NSFW)

I always feel sorry for the seller when I see this.. You’d be surprised how many people don’t realize mold is a wood destroying organism. The entire floor structure of this home I did today appeared to be in good shape until I started probing. I’m estimating at least $60k in structural repairs needed.
CA33F157-23C8-4985-A38E-6C264613746E.gif

I always feel sorry for the seller when I see this.. You’d be surprised how many people don’t realize mold is a wood destroying organism. The entire floor structure of this home I did today appeared to be in good shape until I started probing. I’m estimating at least $60k in structural repairs needed.
View attachment 51551

Is that from the crawl space? What caused or is causing the mold? I would assume a leak that went on not caught, until now?

Is that from the crawl space? What caused or is causing the mold? I would assume a leak that went on not caught, until now?
Humidity out here is a bitch! In this case grading coupled with the house not having gutters is what I suspect would be the biggest factor. The seller installed a new vapor barrier and insulation in the floor. At a quick glance the crawlspace looked pretty pristine.

There is a few beard items on the counter... Its probably a beard hair.