• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Adventures In Home Inspection (Some May Be NSFW)

This is a first for me. Home that I inspected in Richmond Virginia was built in 1923. The main water supply from the street to the home was a lead pipe. I was trying to scratch it with my screwdriver to see if it was galvanized pipe or not, when I discovered it was soft lead. 

Does that have to be replaced before closing?

It's up for negotiation between the buyer and seller. If the buyer walks over it, then the seller is supposed to disclose it to any future buyers. But, in my experience, there are a lot of people who don't.

Now this is a termite damaged main center support beam! Now wonder the flooring was bowl shaped inside. Told the client that I was 95% sure the inspection would end in tears before I even laid eyes on the crawlspace, and offered him an out that would save him $$$. But, he wanted me to do it all. At the end he said I should have listened to the voice of experience and stopped the inspection when I recommended.

4BF5857B-5B2F-4698-A10A-1FC14D443D8D.jpegBA234EFA-07B5-4943-B69E-663FA65DB1C2.jpeg

Now this is a termite damaged main center support beam! Now wonder the flooring was bowl shaped inside. Told the client that I was 95% sure the inspection would end in tears before I even laid eyes on the crawlspace, and offered him an out that would save him $$$. But, he wanted me to do it all. At the end he said I should have listened to the voice of experience and stopped the inspection when I recommended.

What was holding it up? The Lineoleum?

View attachment 65114View attachment 65115
Holy hell!

View attachment 65114View attachment 65115

Shit, the TV reality stars could fix that in a day and flip it and make $100k.

Someone knew there was a problem based on the 1st pic. There's a concrete block and 2x4's holding up the joist.

It amazes me that someone would try and sell something in that condition.

Someone knew there was a problem based on the 1st pic. There's a concrete block and 2x4's holding up the joist.

It amazes me that someone would try and sell something in that condition.
What do you mean, he "fixed it". Sell away

John how old was that house? I see fresh lumber in the second picture as well, so beside the blocks, they tried to make a repair.

John how old was that house? I see fresh lumber in the second picture as well, so beside the blocks, they tried to make a repair.
1924 I believe. Found out yesterday that my client didn't even request any repairs. They just voided the contract to purchase the home.