• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Things Golf

Got in a few round while in Vegas. Was a few over. It gets really hot there. I played one day when it was over 110.

Played in the annual company golf tournament Wed. Four man scramble, we only had two players on our team. Our fourth dropped out and our third broke their finger on Sunday. Ended up tied for fifth. Basically played 36 holes.

Played a round yesterday evening in Washington.  After adjusting my game for the change in elevation I'm used to playing at about 5' above sea level, instead of the few thousand feet I'm at now.

Ended up shooting 80.

Hosel on my Callaway driver came loose a couple of weeks ago.  Thought about getting it fixed, but instead picked up the black R1 driver.  So far so good...just need to learn how to hit it straight.

Got in a round Sunday w/ Fishes an son at his new club. Had a great time and played ok for the most part. Thanks Kendall!

Played this morning. Had it to -3 through 6 holes. Made a couple bad decisions. Ended up shooting 72 even par. Good morning on the course.

Played in a money game yesterday and cleaned up. Shoot a -1 71 birdied the last hole and cashed out. I would like to thank my inspiration from the windy city.:D

Got to go out again today.  Fired a 75 with a water ball.  Had 30 putts.  It was a very solid round.  Looking forward to August and beyond as I have about 10 tournaments to play in.  Can make some serious cigar money if I play well.

Got to play on Saturday morning.  Have been trying to kick a cold, and was only feeling about 75%.  Was able to shoot 82.

Glad to see your game is rounding into shape Fish! Thanks for the opportunity to tee it up w/ you and Zen.

We will get out some more. I have tournaments the next couple weekends, then Rocky Mountain Cigar fest.:D

An update on my purchase of the rocketballz tour irons - I absolutely love the irons.   They are very solid - very forgiving.   They are lofted strong, so you hit a wedge like a normal nine iron.  Now if I could only putt.......................... :(

Well, it's been a one round a weekend for the last month...with no practice.  Last weekend I was 5 over thru 15....the last three holes, I went another 5 over...shot an 81 with a TRIPLE and a Double.

This is like the 4th outta 6 round that I've done something like this...ugh.

The good thing....I'm moving my score point down the line - meaning, I am keeping a good score into the round. First it was the 12th hole then BOOM...now it's the 15th then (WTF!)!!

So...progress. May have to hit a few irons off that 16th tee :D

Oh...the other good thing during that last round....was a par on 18! Chipped to about 6 feet and made the putt! :thumbs:

grateful1 said:
Well, it's been a one round a weekend for the last month...with no practice.  Last weekend I was 5 over thru 15....the last three holes, I went another 5 over...shot an 81 with a TRIPLE and a Double.

This is like the 4th outta 6 round that I've done something like this...ugh.

The good thing....I'm moving my score point down the line - meaning, I am keeping a good score into the round. First it was the 12th hole then BOOM...now it's the 15th then (WTF!)!!

So...progress. May have to hit a few irons off that 16th tee :D

Oh...the other good thing during that last round....was a par on 18! Chipped to about 6 feet and made the putt! :thumbs:
You're getting old, Gary.  That's your stamina talking. :)  Me on the other hand...I try to score as high as I can during the first nine, and then brag how I scored lower coming in.

Lessons are finally starting to pay off. Shot an 85 yesterday with a 9 on one of the par 4s, and finishing double-double. Have never broke 80 before, and damnit if that wasn't a great chance to other than a couple blow ups. :angry:

Played Ely Park in Binghamton, NY this weekend. Started with a londres (sp?), went to a 5000 while playing - shot an 86.

I can feel it two, I know I can get below 80.

Had an exclusivo and a #9 afterward- what a great day!

I know a really good player in the Chicago area.  You guys want his name, drop me a pm and I will hook you up.  Has a ton of great ideas about practice and the game. :thumbs: