• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Things Golf

I started a new job last week, and they leave at 3:15 on Wednesday's for a quick 9 hole golf league.  Nice little perk.  I usually only get out a couple of times a year, so this will be a nice little fringe benefit!!!

I was hoping for some feedback on how I would feel after the procedure.

I am going to lay low and chip and putt in the yard. Still a little light head to walk 18 holes

Yeah, I thought you were joking.  It is not a fun procedure to go through and afterward you definitely feel a little out of it.  Best to take it easy for a few days.

I tried to use my normal putter this morning and hurt myself, so to keep from not pulling my hair out I'm going to be on the lookout for a long putter for the time being. I'll paint the hallway carpet green except for a small round white circle at the end, you know keep sort of sane!

Played in another club championship today. Doubled #2 and ended up sitting 75. couldn't get anything started. Finished 3rd, the winner shoot 73 and won in a playoff.

Satchmo said:
I started a new job last week, and they leave at 3:15 on Wednesday's for a quick 9 hole golf league.  Nice little perk.  I usually only get out a couple of times a year, so this will be a nice little fringe benefit!!!

:golfclap:

I won my flight championship over the weekend.  I was in the 4th flight - shot 85 - 80 and won the flight by 6 strokes.   Handicaps were between 9 and 11.   Lots of nerves.   Shot one over on the last nine holes - eights pars and one bogey. 

Loving the new rocketballz tour irons.  

Congratulations, that sounds like a pretty big field. Sounds like you might be ready fort the 3rd flight next year.

Yea - It was a big field.   I think we had a total of 90 players involved.   The championship flight had 18, then every other flight had 12.  By the way, I would have won the flight above me as well.   :)

Was able to get out on Saturday.  I abandoned my new swing after 3 holes (not enough range time to feel comfortable with it), I ended up shooting 80.

I see some range time in my future this week working on my new takeaway.

2K6TBSS said:
Was able to get out on Saturday.  I abandoned my new swing after 3 holes (not enough range time to feel comfortable with it), I ended up shooting 80.

Finally have mine where it is starting to feel more natural. Took me a long time, but I was starting from scratch, really. Now I'm on a good plane and compressing the ball, with a nice soft draw most of the time, as compared to coming over the top like crazy and hitting weak little slices.

Anyone that is talking themselves out of lessons, do yourself a favor and take a few. As frustrating as it was for most of the season rebuilding my swing, it's so much more fun to be playing decent golf.

Knocking off early to play 18 with a buddy- bringing some choice smokes- should be a good day!

Played a par 3 in an hour and a half last weekend and it showed- +23! Ouch.

smellysell said:

Finally have mine where it is starting to feel more natural. Took me a long time, but I was starting from scratch, really. Now I'm on a good plane and compressing the ball, with a nice soft draw most of the time, as compared to coming over the top like crazy and hitting weak little slices.

Anyone that is talking themselves out of lessons, do yourself a favor and take a few. As frustrating as it was for most of the season rebuilding my swing, it's so much more fun to be playing decent golf.

My regular takeaway is good for short irons (7-wedge), and it produces a very slight fade (which I actually really like).  The problem was with my longer irons and woods, the slight fade is a bit more than I would like to have.  So I am working on keeping my regular takeaway for short irons, and then a slightly inside takeaway for long irons and woods.

It's totally different than anything I have tried in my game before, but looking forward to trying it out.  If I find it doesn't work, then I will probably adjust everything to the new takeaway and learn to play a slight draw.

We played the Black two weeks ago. You know who you are and aren't. ;) 

tone-ny said:
We played the Black two weeks ago. You know who you are and aren't. ;) 

:jealous:

Had quite an interesting round the other day. 53 on the front and 39 on the back...

Just spent the last several days rounding out our Ryder Cup team. We have 24 players and play another course over 2 says and 54 holes. It is a blast and we are 6-1 since its inception. So the tension gets going fast.

Ryder cup formats are a lot of fun. I've participated in 3 over the last several years. The tension is quite interesting in a team environment with golf. We often disappoint ourselves when we play but its an interesting feeling when you feel like you're disappointing others.

As for me, I've had to lay off golf for over a month with golfers elbow in both arms, the left one bothering me the most. My last round of golf was in our member-guest in which my partner I won our flight. I've had this going on for 4 months and really can't wait for it to get the hell out of me! It's a pain in the ass!

Ryder cup formats are a lot of fun. I've participated in 3 over the last several years. The tension is quite interesting in a team environment with golf. We often disappoint ourselves when we play but its an interesting feeling when you feel like you're disappointing others.

As for me, I've had to lay off golf for over a month with golfers elbow in both arms, the left one bothering me the most. My last round of golf was in our member-guest in which my partner I won our flight. I've had this going on for 4 months and really can't wait for it to get the hell out of me! It's a pain in the ass!
What have you tried? Acupuncture works really well, as does the right chiropractor. How it gets better soon.