• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Things Golf

2 degrees up from Callaway specs here.

cookie_1978 said:
I have a really nice set of TM Combo (MC/MB) listed on ebay right now.   Same specs +1/2 2* up.   If interested, let me know.  

Last thing I need is yet another set of irons, but you have my curiosity sparked.  :laugh:

The Green Blaze golf tournament was great except I shot a 110- ouch!! Lost 7 balls in the first 5 holes- had better days since- an 86 at my buddies course and an 86 at the local dump- great stogies smoked- really like those Cuban wheels for the golf course.

I'll fourth the Cuban wheels. I typically take less expensive cigars to the course. I tend to be a little rough on them at times while I'm playing.

Yeah, I am rough on them too, so I usually smoke cheap or machine made CCs.

Quintero Brevas  :thumbs:

Got a new to me sand wedge today that is in pretty much perfect condition since I left my old one sitting by a bunker and the bastard that found it never turned it in.

41qq3WqdCeL._SY300_.jpg

Nice pick up. Sorry to hear of your loss. I hate it when they don't turn the thing in. You know it doesn't belong to you, so do the right thing.

This may or may not be everyone's observation but over the years I've seen the likelihood of a lost club to be returned higher at private clubs vs. public courses.

Got my driver back from Adams yesterday, they had to replace the shaft. It broke down in the hozzle. Now I need to go play before next Wednesday's company golf tournament. I need to find someone else since Kendall gave me the Heiseman for IPCPR.

ilikefishes said:
Absolutely the case. The chances at a public course are almost none.

I'm sure that it's much more likely at a private course, but the public one I play they're turned in the vast majority of the time. I also live in small town 'Murica too though.

Fell down and jacked up my shoulder trying to catch myself today spraying weeds. :angry:

Got two nine hole rounds in- 44,42- if I could just figure out the speed of greens earlier I could save 5 or 6 putts.

I could only get in 9 holes late yesterday. Was even through 6 holes and preceded to finish 5 over! Can't seem to withstand prosperity! :)

smellysell said:
Yeah, I am rough on them too, so I usually smoke cheap or machine made CCs.
Quintero Brevas  :thumbs:

Got a new to me sand wedge today that is in pretty much perfect condition since I left my old one sitting by a bunker and the bastard that found it never turned it in.

41qq3WqdCeL._SY300_.jpg

Turns out I didn't hurt the shoulder nearly as badly as I thought, thankfully. Gave the new wedge a test drive in the back yard, and love everything about it. Considering replacing my 52 with the same wedge (I like to match for some reason :shrug:) and dumping the 60 since I never really use it. Rare occasion I need to hit something really high, I can just open this guy up.

I'm curious how many of you guys use a 60?

I used to have a 60 in the bag, but rarely used it.

My current setup is a set of Titleist Oil Can wedges with the oil removed from the factory.  I have a 52, 55, 58.  The 55 and 58 are custom bends and have custom grinds on them to make things a bit easier around the greens.

Same as Jeff- except I'm starting to use my 60 for everything close, my 56 for a bit of distance and the 52 for more distance and roll. The 60 lands softer- I think it's easier to go flag hunting with the 60.

I use my 60 for most shots within 60 yards and then progress down to my 56 out to 100 yards. I don't use my 52 wedge very often as I have developed a preference for altering the length of my pitching wedge from beyond 100 out to about 130.

Today starts the beginning of an annual weekend tradition with 11 other guys.  I'll be heading to a fun golf course in Burnsville, NC called Mt. Mitchell.  It sits below Mt. Mitchell mountain, North Carolina's tallest point, along the Toe river.  A great track that is not very long, but narrow.  Hopefully the weather holds out, as we've had a tremendous amount of rain this summer.  All that is there is the golf course, homes/condos, the clubhouse with a restaurant and bar and no cell service!  Enjoy your weekend y'all !!