• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Things Golf

Well I'm playing down here in Orlando.

I shot a 100 with new clubs and a new course- Waldorf Astoria Course- Beautiful Reese Jones course- I had a 12 and 2 8's so I actually had a good day.

One Padron 2000 in the morning and a #1 '26 during the round good day!

So jealous,-30 here at the moment. Going to hit up a simulator Saturday though, so I got that going for me.

I was lucky enough to get three rounds of 18 and 9 more with the flight delay- started with the 100, on Tuesday I shot a 95, Wednesday morning was a 92 and my last 9 I shot a 41- I really felt great on the last nine so glad I got to squeeze it in!

Come on spring!!

I will be traveling with my clubs in June.  Anyone have any suggestions on travel bags for checking them on the plane?  I have done some research but it seems there are some mid price ones out there that still tear and are a POS....

Mine is a hard bag made by datrek- I like it but TSA has broken every latch on it.

My next one will be a soft

On the golf forum I'm on, people swear by the Club Glove one, but I don't have any personal experience.

I have a SKB hard case that I like.

This is the one I have rolled with for about 3 years now.  It came highly recommended by a friend.  It is so easy to travel with it is funny.

https://www.sunmountain.com/product/travel-gear.html

Just got back from Palm Springs and got in 140 holes of golf in 5 days.

I am anxiously awaiting spring as well so I can get out on the range and start tuning the swing.  Just wish I could get to Chicago to play with my friend this summer.  I have to go to the Caymans at the end of March.  So I have that golf to look forward to as well.

The room was full of pregnant women with their husbands.
The instructor said, "Ladies, remember that exercise is good for you. Walking is especially beneficial. It strengthens the pelvic muscles and will make delivery that much easier. Just pace yourself, make plenty of stops and try to stay on a soft surface like grass or a path."
"Gentlemen, remember -- you're in this together. It wouldn't hurt you to go walking with her. In fact, that shared experience would be good for you both."

The room suddenly became very quiet as the men absorbed this information. After a few moments a man, name unknown, at the back of the room, slowly raised his hand.
"Yes?" said the Instructor.
"I was just wondering if it would be all right if she carries a golf bag while we walk?"
Brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it? [SIZE=16.363636016845703px]This kind of sensitivity just can't be taught.[/SIZE]

smellysell said:
Snow is starting to melt finally!

I know it’s just around the corner and the conversation at the water cooler and dining hall is picking up like it always does this time of year but I've got two more family ski trips in VT, a 30th anni week to Cancun with the better half and then hopefully a four day Appalachian Trail hike alone before I even start thinking about bringing my ugly sticks back out.

thinde said:

I know it’s just around the corner and the conversation at the water cooler and dining hall is picking up like it always does this time of year but I've got two more family ski trips in VT, a 30th anni week to Cancun with the better half and then hopefully a four day Appalachian Trail hike alone before I even start thinking about bringing my ugly sticks back out.

Tom we should try and meet for a round this summer. I going to put it out there now. I SUCK!

Tall Paul said:

I know its just around the corner and the conversation at the water cooler and dining hall is picking up like it always does this time of year but I've got two more family ski trips in VT, a 30th anni week to Cancun with the better half and then hopefully a four day Appalachian Trail hike alone before I even start thinking about bringing my ugly sticks back out.[/size]

Tom we should try and meet for a round this summer. I going to put it out there now. I SUCK!
We'll if that's the case we'll be fine together! How about a weekday in late May or June?

thinde said:

I know its just around the corner and the conversation at the water cooler and dining hall is picking up like it always does this time of year but I've got two more family ski trips in VT, a 30th anni week to Cancun with the better half and then hopefully a four day Appalachian Trail hike alone before I even start thinking about bringing my ugly sticks back out.[/size]

We'll if that's the case we'll be fine together! How about a weekday in late May or June?

I might be able to make this. BTW I suck too but I'll bring good booze and cigars!

Light this! said:

I might be able to make this. BTW I suck too but I'll bring good booze and cigars!

Dig dig dig dig!

Just got my clubs re gripped with golf pride multi medium grips. They feel amazing comfort and grip feel really good. It really feels like I don't have a death girl like I normally have had. Going out next week to try them out. We'll see!

thinde said:

Dig dig dig dig!

June will be better for me and a Friday would be best. When it gets closer we will figure it out. 

Living in Las Vegas allows me to play almost every week year round. Just finished making two new wedges 52* & 60* and they are swinging nicely. 

modo22 said:
I will be traveling with my clubs in June.  Anyone have any suggestions on travel bags for checking them on the plane?  I have done some research but it seems there are some mid price ones out there that still tear and are a POS....

Invest in a Club Glove...I've had mine for years and no tears. You know those apes are hired as baggage handlers.

http://www.clubglove.com/CG/ViewProdcss3XTRS.asp?ProductID=11

Played a few rounds this winter - like 5 or 6 before April 1st...that's impressive to me!

Went to Agawam, MA last week. Shot in the mid 80's even with some pins being FROZEN into the cups! :D

The CT season started April 1st...time to get those HIGH early season scores over and done with! :thumbs:

I really hope we at least have some sun this weekend.

I plan on walking many more rounds this year...it can't hurt! :D