• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Things Golf

Played in one 3 day event in MI this fall. Played like crap but my back survived. Not sure if I'll play next year. Kinda sad turning point for me as I played a lot in the past but body isn't what it used to be.

Played in one 3 day event in MI this fall. Played like crap but my back survived. Not sure if I'll play next year. Kinda sad turning point for me as I played a lot in the past but body isn't what it used to be.

I had a discectomy May '15, so didn't pay at all last summer. No real problems with it this summer and played a few times a week, so I'm thankful!

Gonna practice a lot and take lessons on the sim over the winter. Got a league I'm doing on the sim too. Just wish I could smoke in the clubhouse!

Any of you guys been playing? Course finally opened here a few weeks ago and I've gotten out a few times.

I like to play but I am not any good. However, I get the ball within two feet of the cup I’m deadly with a putter. So, I focus on my strengths, drinking bloody marys and smoking cigars while out on the course.

Had a company trip to Charleston, SC last weekend and we played Wild Dunes. Took some CoRo and Medio Siglo for the guys and we had a great time. I play maybe five times a year so I don't have any business playing my own ball - the captains choice format was a nice change of pace.

Played Founders Club in Pawley's Island on Sunday and Indian Wells in Murrells Inlet late in afternoon yesterday. Going to try to play tomorrow afternoon, TPC Myrtle Beach, which is in Murrells Inlet. Going back north so my play on Sunday.

Played Founders Club in Pawley's Island on Sunday and Indian Wells in Murrells Inlet late in afternoon yesterday. Going to try to play tomorrow afternoon, TPC Myrtle Beach, which is in Murrells Inlet. Going back north so my play on Sunday.

True story - I had a dream that I was on the beach somewhere between Surfside and Murrells Inlet last night hanging out with some of my childhood friends! I miss that part of the country every once in a while!

I grew up in Surfside, Socastee and Conway! There's some great golfing in the whole grand strand area!

Nances Creekfront Restaurant was one of my faves. If its still open, you should check it out. The gazebo at the Hot Fish Club was a cool spot to hang out when I was older.

So jealous! Which was your favorite Anthony?

So jealous! Which was your favorite Anthony?
I love Founders it's one of the great courses of the south strand. I can't afford Caledonia or True Blue in season, so this is a poor man's option. The finishing hole on TPC is probably one of the toughest I've played. Not counting the Bethpage Black that I played with a few folks from here.

Last edited:
True story - I had a dream that I was on the beach somewhere between Surfside and Murrells Inlet last night hanging out with some of my childhood friends! I miss that part of the country every once in a while!

I grew up in Surfside, Socastee and Conway! There's some great golfing in the whole grand strand area!

Nances Creekfront Restaurant was one of my faves. If its still open, you should check it out. The gazebo at the Hot Fish Club was a cool spot to hang out when I was older.
Been to almost every bar and restaurant Nances and Hot Fish included on the Inlet, so many choices for the freshest seafood out there! Great prices for food and drink.

Been to almost every bar and restaurant Nances and Hot Fish included on the Inlet, so many choices for the freshest seafood out there! Great prices for food and drink.

Yeah, restaurant row is where it's at for great seafood!

Golf can be such a frustrating game Even on 16 holes and 9 over on the other 2. How is that even possible?

I got to play Pebble Beach and Spyglass at the end of March. Played really well at Spyglass (shot 79), and played well at Pebble (shot 83). Walking those fairways and greens and thinking about the history around those places were amazing. The best thing about playing was that I got to play them with my dad! Definitely a bucket list thing.

I also played a few rounds at a local course to me in Cali the last few months...

Still on my quest to break 80. Shot it on the nose yesterday with 3 lip outs. Such a frustrating game sometimes!

Rain, rain, rain go away.

Congrats on the 80!
It's actually pretty mind boggling how many times I've hit 80 on the nose (would guess over 10 times), but just can't get over the hump. You have to love golf though, early in the season I couldn't find my swing at all, but was making every putt I looked at. Now that I've found my swing a little, can't make a putt to save my life.

It's actually pretty mind boggling how many times I've hit 80 on the nose (would guess over 10 times), but just can't get over the hump. You have to love golf though, early in the season I couldn't find my swing at all, but was making every putt I looked at. Now that I've found my swing a little, can't make a putt to save my life.

"Golf is 80% mental, 10% ablility, 10% luck.”!
-Jack Nickalaus

"Golf is 80% mental, 10% ablility, 10% luck.”!
-Jack Nickalaus

People who play the game of golf at professional level work at it like a job, practice, practice, and more practice. Sure you get a lucky roll once in a while. But the top golfers are on top because of time spent on the practice driving range, practice putting greens.

My job use to take me to 3 - 5 PGA, and Senior PGA Events annually. It alway amazed me that as the sun was just coming up the top pro were out on the practice venue doing last minute tweeting of their games.

The cash rewards, and endorsement money is just crazy some of the pro make. I had read were Tiger Woods in his prime was earning 60 Mil/year from just Nike.

"as the sun was just coming up the top pro were out on the practice venue" - that's never a good sign...it means they have an early time and aren't near the lead :(
(at least on the weekend ;) )