• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Things Golf

got out for nine,finally- up in Maine. River meadow- next door to my sister in law's-  started with a double, 2 bogeys then a 5 pars in a row, ended with a double.  Made some really gains on my swing.  COMMIT TO EVERY SHOT 100%- CONFIDENCE!

I'm finally on vacation so im definitely getting out there and playing. It feels like it's been forever. I hope I didn't forget my swing. :unsure:

Supposed to start put league today, I am starting at 4" of fresh snow and it is still snowing.

Well, worked with the pro last week...still played poorly this weekend.

After Sunday's round....I beat the 6-iron into the dirt on the range.

Things started to make sense....better flight...still really loose...but a bright building point back to 'better' than normal!

Yup!! Hit the range today. Just what I thought would happen. Hit everything thin!!! Need get out tomorrow and work the kinks out again so I don't look like complete fool on when I play on Wednesday.

Been doing periodic lessons for several years, usually about 5-10 per year.  Started back up last week and will go again Friday.  It's amazing how I keep working on mostly the same thing at the beginning of each spring!.........getting the club square at impact

fjldo said:
Been doing periodic lessons for several years, usually about 5-10 per year.  Started back up last week and will go again Friday.  It's amazing how I keep working on mostly the same thing at the beginning of each spring!.........getting the club square at impact
That's why I gave up on lessons I don't make progress because I can't get out there and practice what I learn. It's frustrating but I'll never stop playing. One nice crisp hit keeps me coming back for more!!!

jvel79 said:
That's why I gave up on lessons I don't make progress because I can't get out there and practice what I learn. It's frustrating but I'll never stop playing. One nice crisp hit keeps me coming back for more!!!

Or recording a birdie on 18 after shooting an 86!

It is very important to practice the drills that your teacher gives you.  I hit more than 10,000 balls when I changed my swing.  It literally takes that long to ingrain the new fundamentals.  Otherwise, under pressure your body is going to go back to the old habits. 

It is that one shot, the birdie on 18 and so many other things that brings us back.  I just can't wait for it to stop fricken' snowing!

I wish I had the time commitment to hit as many golf balls as you have.  Maybe I should stop wishing I had it and make some more time.  I certainly don't feel like I've wasted my lessons, but every spring we work out the old habits and progress a little more each year.  I didn't pick up the game until about 15 years ago and I've had my handicap as low as 9 two years ago.  The changes I've worked on are so radically different then what I had been doing (albeit wrong!), that I've had some horrible months of playing last year....scores between 95-105.  With some persistence I've been able to get it back down in then mid 80s consistently.  Getting it below 80 has been the big challenge, but I think I can do that later in the season.....sorry for the rambling!

And I hope it quits snowing for you soon!

ilikefishes said:
It is very important to practice the drills that your teacher gives you.  I hit more than 10,000 balls when I changed my swing.  It literally takes that long to ingrain the new fundamentals.  Otherwise, under pressure your body is going to go back to the old habits. 
It is that one shot, the birdie on 18 and so many other things that brings us back.  I just can't wait for it to stop fricken' snowing!
Yes Sir!! That's why we come back for more!!!! You need to beat that ball the right way to create good habits. That day will come for soon I hope...

Please excuse the bad grammar.

Wow.  If that isn't lazy golf, what is?  No skill required what so ever...

Got to get out with Rock (Loren) yesterday. Had a lot of fun and smoked some good cigars. Great day.

Participating in our club's member-member this weekend.  Weather should be good but there's a chance of rain Sunday.  We'll play 5, nine hole match play pairings.  Always a good time.  Hope everyone gets a chance to get out this weekend!

League started last night. Absolutely butchered the first two holes. Finished the rest of the round with pars and bogeys.

Played in a skins game today. Doubled 3 holes in a row and shot 80. Needless to say I didn't w in any skins.

The weather has been absolutely perfect for golf lately. Amazing. I took in 3 rounds in the past two weeks, it would have been more if I hadn't been busy. I hope June is just as nice.