• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Things Golf

83 - not bad for tripling the 10th and then having 4 bogeys because I hit the tee ball 50 yards off the box - all 4 times :(

I got tired of saying 'That was a good bogey from where I was!'

:sign:

83 - not bad for tripling the 10th and then having 4 bogeys because I hit the tee ball 50 yards off the box - all 4 times :(

Yeah, I know how you feel. For the second straight round I was 5 over after 4 holes. Had to fight to shoot 80 again. This game can be so frustrating. Thank goodness for good company and great cigars.

ilikefishes said:

Yeah, I know how you feel. For the second straight round I was 5 over after 4 holes. Had to fight to shoot 80 again. This game can be so frustrating. Thank goodness for good company and great cigars.

PHHFFT. Beat you both. On Thursday, I had a par score for the first four holes. The problem was I had only played the first two holes. Like I said, butchered them.

Played in our club's member-member this weekend.....five 9 hole match play pairings.  Points awarded by how many holes you won or lost per match.  Couldn't win or lose more than 5 either way.  Won our first two matches 1 up, so we had +2 points.  Then we preceded to get drummed the next 2 matches going 4 down each....so that put us in the negative with -6, but halved the last match.  Ended up 4th out of 5 in our flight.  Had to end up playing 27 holes Saturday because of anticipated rain today, and that was brutal.....winds blowing all day 15-25 mph.  I think it took me all of 35 seconds to fall asleep last night  :laugh:

Seeded a little area behind my back yard where next summer I'll be able to hit balls. Also poured concrete with and area to put my little hitting mat in so that I can use that this summer and any time it's warm enough but I don't want to abuse the grass.

null_zps1019d6e9.jpg

Nice set up. Be careful, don't hit too many shots off the concrete. I know people who have had major damage done to their wrists from this. Hurts every time they have to hit it out off the sand or a heavy lie now. Just liking out for a brother.

Just nine yesterday. Two doubles, two bogeys and the rest pars. No stogies smoked.

Sounds like a bunch of fine duffers here. I'm just a guy trying to play in the 80's consistently. Managed to NOT do that yesterday, shooting 95 with 36, yes 36 (!) putts. Absolutely brutal.

Have to say the MCW Liga II I smoked made it a bit more tolerable, though.

smellysell said:
Seeded a little area behind my back yard where next summer I'll be able to hit balls. Also poured concrete with and area to put my little hitting mat in so that I can use that this summer and any time it's warm enough but I don't want to abuse the grass.

null_zps1019d6e9.jpg

SWEET!

kona1000 said:
Just nine yesterday. Two doubles, two bogeys and the rest pars. No stogies smoked.

You would have shaved at least 4 strokes off that score, if you would have had a cigar....

Played golf with Anthony Munoz today in a charity tournament...good time was had by all, breaking in new irons made it a challenge but the game is improving. keep in mind I am 6'2".

940894_10201040973283605_1695343256_n.jpg

ilikefishes said:
Nice set up. Be careful, don't hit too many shots off the concrete. I know people who have had major damage done to their wrists from this. Hurts every time they have to hit it out off the sand or a heavy lie now. Just liking out for a brother.

The little hitting strip/mat thing that you can see sitting on top of the concrete sits down in a hole I formed in when I poured it, so that it's level to where I stand on the concrete. The only thing that will be happening on the concrete is standing on it.

DePasta said:
Played golf with Anthony Munoz today in a charity tournament...good time was had by all, breaking in new irons made it a challenge but the game is improving. keep in mind I am 6'2".

Wow, that's really cool, Dan! How did he play?

DePasta said:

940894_10201040973283605_1695343256_n.jpg

I didn't realize you were so tiny!

:p

Just joined a country club this week. I have been contemplating and researching it for some time now. Pretty excited and so is the family. Went to dinner there last night.

ilikefishes said:
Just joined a country club this week. I have been contemplating and researching it for some time now. Pretty excited and so is the family. Went to dinner there last night.
That's great! Joining a club was the best thing I ever did. I have formed great friendships from people I have met through our golf club. (We are all golf, no tennis or swimming). I have become spoiled with 3.5 hr rounds though. I think I would quit playing If I had to start playing public 5 hr rounds again!

Where did ya join? My best buddy is a member at Glenmoor in Englewood CO, great Pete Dye design..

I joined Ptarmigan. It is a Jack Nicklaus design. Nice course and great people. I know a few of the members from growing up in this area.

Played my first round out there this morning. Had 38 putts and shout 77. Needles to say, I know what I need to practice

77 piss off- played like crap first 18- shot a 90, played 9 after and totally fell apart- 47.  Such a mental game.