• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone enjoy the SPORT OF KINGS?

Grand kids came over and played horsey with Papa... didn't watch the Cigar Mile. It was a sloppy track and a great ending for the horse that won. It was his last race before being retired to stud. Mind Control won a nice battle down the stretch. I watched the replay. I liked the 3 though. Saved money. I'll just drop it in the savings for the little crumb snatchers.

What a finish! Glad to see him go out on top. Yea, I love betting the white/grey horses, too. They always suck me in. Happy to hear the grandkids enjoyed a day with you.

Floyd T

That link takes me to horses that were foaled in 2012. Do I have to set up an account to get the actual two year olds that will be running? Ocean Night is the first horse on the list and it says he was bought in 2014. I'm figuring something is wrong. Thoughts?

Floyd T

That link takes me to horses that were foaled in 2012. Do I have to set up an account to get the actual two year olds that will be running? Ocean Night is the first horse on the list and it says he was bought in 2014. I'm figuring something is wrong. Thoughts?

Floyd T
Try this one.

EDA I think so...

Can you get this?

SO this Saturday is really the last prep points Stakes races for the 3 yr olds to get into the Kentucky Derby.
1680613814081.png

Well there are a few horses I like for ability and one I am in for namesake. I believe this is one race everyone should watch and pick a favorite to root for during the fastest 2 minutes in sports.
There are a few horses vying for a spot in the 20 horse field this weekend. One is running in the Lexington tomorrow. Needs a top 3 finish to earn enough points to get out of the bubble. The horse is Disarm.

PS it's not to late to get to Las Vegas and join @SKYDIVNEKD, @Lkyman and myself for a smoke and a joke and watch a horse race or 20. We'll be there for the Derby the weekend of May 6th. It's looking like the Caesars Sports book.

Agreed. There’s a couple three horses that seem to be in a diff league. We’ll see.

Floyd T

OK... Tomorrow is the first of the 2 days of the Breeders Cup being held in Santa Anita. I'll be crunching race numbers trying to find winners. I also have a couple of show wagers I'll place in memory of my Mama! Horse racing was our fun. She picked by name and thought I wasted so much time looking at past performances and works. Se said... that doesn't seem like fun. I did try to win.... but I got the biggest kick out of watching her ride her horse during the race. LOL... She only bet show... and truth be known... won her bets more than me. The pay offs were low.... but she was a winner.
Thanks for reading... I'm still a little emotional about her passing.

Anyway... anyone besides my good friend @SKYDIVNEKD like to wager on the ponies?

OK... Tomorrow is the first of the 2 days of the Breeders Cup being held in Santa Anita. I'll be crunching race numbers trying to find winners. I also have a couple of show wagers I'll place in memory of my Mama! Horse racing was our fun. She picked by name and thought I wasted so much time looking at past performances and works. Se said... that doesn't seem like fun. I did try to win.... but I got the biggest kick out of watching her ride her horse during the race. LOL... She only bet show... and truth be known... won her bets more than me. The pay offs were low.... but she was a winner.
Thanks for reading... I'm still a little emotional about her passing.

Anyway... anyone besides my good friend @SKYDIVNEKD like to wager on the ponies?
That's a great story thanks for sharing. When they do live racing here in Omaha we like to go watch it. My son and I will place a few bets but honestly we don't even know what show means.

That's a great story thanks for sharing. When they do live racing here in Omaha we like to go watch it. My son and I will place a few bets but honestly we don't even know what show means.
It's win for 1st
Place for 2nd
Show for 3rd.
If you bet show you win money if your horse finishes 3rd or better
If you bet place you win if your horse finishes 2nd or wins
and of course betting win... your horse has to win. 1698957467380.png
Above for ex: If you bet the 11 to SHOW ... you win 27.80 for a $2 bet. (that horse was a long shot 99 to 1 odds) because it won but the bet was to show ...see the difference in the pay out for the 3.
Favorites some times only pay 10 or 20 cents on a min 2 dollar bet though. You get your bet back too though.

PS... we watched the races on TV. At the house. But before my Mom became chair bound.... we would go to our Fair ... it has horse racing for 2 weeks. And we had satellite wagering club about a 1/2 hour drive away. But it became a weekly thing for us when she was home bound. Something to pass the time and give her a little excitement.