• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone follow Formula 1?

I'd love to go, but this year is just not in the cards for me, unfortunately. Is Barcelona an annual event for you? I'm still kind of bummed that I never made it down to Spa or Zandvoort while living in the Netherlands. I didn't anticipate moving so unexpectedly, however. What's funny, is that Zandvoort, Spa-Francorchamps, Nürburgring/Eifel, and Paul Ricard were all closer to me than Barcelona is now!

I'd love to go, but this year is just not in the cards for me, unfortunately. Is Barcelona an annual event for you? I'm still kind of bummed that I never made it down to Spa or Zandvoort while living in the Netherlands. I didn't anticipate moving so unexpectedly, however. What's funny, is that Zandvoort, Spa-Francorchamps, Nürburgring/Eifel, and Paul Ricard were all closer to me than Barcelona is now!
Where are you living now?

No, this will be my first time in Spain and only my second F1 race. I live in Miami and prices here were insane, so I booked a flight and tickets for Spain for less than tickets in Miami. Unfortunately, I underestimated hotel prices, it's going to be a doozy.

I'm just outside of Cádiz, all the way on the southern coast. I'm about 30 minutes from Jerez, and the MotoGP race was in town about two weeks ago. I'm already talking with someone about hopefully going next year. Later this month we are going up to Madrid and checking out the Formula 1 exhibit that has Grosjean's incinerated Haas.

I'm just outside of Cádiz, all the way on the southern coast. I'm about 30 minutes from Jerez, and the MotoGP race was in town about two weeks ago. I'm already talking with someone about hopefully going next year. Later this month we are going up to Madrid and checking out the Formula 1 exhibit that has Grosjean's incinerated Haas.
I'm landing in Madrid around the 28th. What are the cigar rules like there?

Are you still into IMSA, Rob? I've really been getting into it a lot more, and Laguna was some great racing, as always. I've also been a big fan of the MX-5 Cup for many years, and that second race was wild, between the weather/visibility and that wreck. Glad everyone was ok with that one!
I'm hit or miss on IMSA. I generally don't watch it live but will listen to the recordings while I'm doing other things. I haven't seen the Laguna race yet, so I'll have to be sure to watch it. The endurance aspect fascinates me.

I haven't even been here long enough to find out yet. Sorry, brother! Maybe @CgarDan can help with this one?
I know many people smoke cigarettes in restaurants with outside seating. Remember seeing a few smoke cigars. I definitely recommend checking out the shops for Cubans. The best shops have websites with pics of humidors to get an idea of stock variety

For those few who have not heard yet, this weekend's race at Imola has been cancelled due to flooding in the region.

I know many people smoke cigarettes in restaurants with outside seating. Remember seeing a few smoke cigars. I definitely recommend checking out the shops for Cubans. The best shops have websites with pics of humidors to get an idea of stock variety
Thank you for the advice.

I think this was one of the most exciting Indianapolis 500 qualifying weekends I can remember in a long, long time. Even if the race is a snoozer, I'm already happy with May.

I think this was one of the most exciting Indianapolis 500 qualifying weekends I can remember in a long, long time. Even if the race is a snoozer, I'm already happy with May.
Completely agree! I watch almost all of Peacock's coverage of practice and qualifying last week. The weather on qual day produced some outstanding drama, better than many races do.

I feel bad for Graham. I'm not sure why the last chance qualifying had a different format than the fast 12 and fast 6. Being a son of Ohio, I have followed Bobby and Graham closely for years. When I was in college, they shopped at the grocery store where I worked. Graham's composure on bump day and his response to questions about buying someone else's seat were those of a true sportsman. I know he's been frustrated with his performance over the past couple of years, but I hope this isn't the straw that make him hang up his fire suit.

I watched yesterday's practice and my heart sank when Kat hit the wall. As if RLL didn't have enough drama this month. I hope they surmount the challenges.

It's great to see the #14 car competitive again! I'd love to see TK win another one too. And Helio. Too bad there can only be one winner! I don't root for any particular driver; I mostly root for the sport.

I'm very much looking forward to Carb Day and the 500! More so this year than I have been for many years.

Completely agree! I watch almost all of Peacock's coverage of practice and qualifying last week. The weather on qual day produced some outstanding drama, better than many races do.

I feel bad for Graham. I'm not sure why the last chance qualifying had a different format than the fast 12 and fast 6. Being a son of Ohio, I have followed Bobby and Graham closely for years. When I was in college, they shopped at the grocery store where I worked. Graham's composure on bump day and his response to questions about buying someone else's seat were those of a true sportsman. I know he's been frustrated with his performance over the past couple of years, but I hope this isn't the straw that make him hang up his fire suit.

I watched yesterday's practice and my heart sank when Kat hit the wall. As if RLL didn't have enough drama this month. I hope they surmount the challenges.

It's great to see the #14 car competitive again! I'd love to see TK win another one too. And Helio. Too bad there can only be one winner! I don't root for any particular driver; I mostly root for the sport.

I'm very much looking forward to Carb Day and the 500! More so this year than I have been for many years.

Well, Graham is now taking Wilson's seat since Wilson will not be cleared to race Monday. I would love to see TK get one more win before he retires. I'll also be rooting for Conor Daly. Been a fan of his back when he and Rossi were were running up the ladder to F1, even got to meet Daly at the NOLA GP. He was such a class act taking time out of his schedule just to shoot the shit.

After such a great first three-quarters of the race, IndyCar went and turned the Indianapolis 500 into a farcical shit show. I've no problem with Josef Newgarden winning it, but sometimes races end under caution. I don't like it any more than anyone else, but sometimes it happens in racing. Stop trying to make it "exciting for the fans".

IMG_3558.jpeg

A monocoque before barbeque:

IMG_3559.jpeg

2020 Alpha Tauri of Pierre Gasley

IMG_3563.jpegIMG_3564.jpeg

One of the Merc power units that won him the 2019 WDC

IMG_3567.jpeg

You don't realize just how wide those tires are until you are standing next to one of them!

IMG_3569.jpeg

Race-worn Senna helmet from 1994 :(

IMG_3590.jpeg

McLaren floor with high-tech plank of wood:

IMG_3592.jpeg

Fuel cell looks a bit different than I expected it to:

IMG_3593.jpeg

Early 90s McLaren monocoques. I believe the hanging one is an MP4/4:

IMG_3594.jpeg