• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone follow Formula 1?

Can't believe the first race of 23 is tomorrow....
Stoked to see how Aston Martin does since they seem to have dusted their cars with some black magic.

Nick will be pumped, Ferrari got a car across the finish line! I was sure hoping they'd have a little bit more starting out.

Happy for Alonso and AM. Hope they can keep it going, that would raise a few eyebrows. One of the commentators mentioned Vettel probably wishing he was still in that car, not to mention how he went to Ferrari right when their performance dropped off. Just bad timing for him, every time.

Sir Lewis and the Silver Arrows should be able to roll on up the rankings, not a bad start for them considering their ability to improve.

Not sure any of them can deal with Red Bull. Still should be a little excitement this year, hopefully.

It's crazy that the battle for World Champion is looking like it will be Max vs Checo. I'm hoping the wind tunnel penalty will give AM the boost it needs to give Alonso a fighting chance. Red Bull is making everyone look like they're sitting still out there.

I don't know squat about F-1. How is that Red Bull is so dominant?

Is the money a team can spend limited?

Is it just better people?

It's crazy that the battle for World Champion is looking like it will be Max vs Checo. I'm hoping the wind tunnel penalty will give AM the boost it needs to give Alonso a fighting chance. Red Bull is making everyone look like they're sitting still out there.

I think it's too early in the season to award the championship yet (this point last season it seemed Ferrari might run away with it), but it *is* a safe bet that one of the Red Bull cars will win it all. They are just on another level. I'm incredibly happy to see Aston Martin doing so well so far this year. I doubt Alonso is going to be a championship threat, but I'd love to see him win a race or two.
I don't know squat about F-1. How is that Red Bull is so dominant?

Is the money a team can spend limited?

Is it just better people?
Yes and yes.

I'm glad to see Alonso back in contending form. I followed his exploits the past few years through forrays into Indycar and SEC, and it's nice to see him back in the front of F1. Frankly, I'm just happy to see some competition at the front, regardless of who it is.

Part of me is also glad to see Oscar at the bottom of the pylon after the drama during last year's silly season.

I'm glad to see Alonso back in contending form. I followed his exploits the past few years through forrays into Indycar and SEC, and it's nice to see him back in the front of F1. Frankly, I'm just happy to see some competition at the front, regardless of who it is.

Part of me is also glad to see Oscar at the bottom of the pylon after the drama during last year's silly season.
I like McLaren, but I can't say I'm sad to see them having their troubles after the shit show in IndyCar and F1. They will get back up to mid-field, but I'm alright with them having some tears over it, first.

I think it's too early in the season to award the championship yet (this point last season it seemed Ferrari might run away with it), but it *is* a safe bet that one of the Red Bull cars will win it all. They are just on another level. I'm incredibly happy to see Aston Martin doing so well so far this year. I doubt Alonso is going to be a championship threat, but I'd love to see him win a race or two.

That's true, but the difference between Ferrari last year and Red Bull this year is Cristian Horner. Ferrari would have run away with it had Mattia Binotto not gotten in their own way. Honestly, Horner is so devious, I wouldn't put it past him to have payed off Mattia, those mistakes were just too glaringly obvious. But that's a conspiracy theory for last year.

You are right though, with the success of Red Bull and Aston the only two cars using that design, once everyone else adopts that style, it will be a lot more competitive. Right now I am watching Max vs Checo and Hamilton vs Russell, those are the real battles.

What an exciting race last night / this morning !!!! Glad I stayed up
Did you finish the whole thing? If so, I am glad you did as it was pretty exciting from a fan perspective. I kept thinking the ending was just an April Fools joke.

Did you finish the whole thing? If so, I am glad you did as it was pretty exciting from a fan perspective. I kept thinking the ending was just an April Fools joke.
Yep, didn’t get to bed till 240. It was great

Guess I'm the odd man out. To me the race was a let down.
I'm glad they are being safe with the red flags, but the first restart was crap.

I thought the red flag for Albon's crash was unnecessary and not in line with previous safety car / red flag precedence. F1 really needs to invest in some jet blowers. The red flag after K-Mag's hit was a bit more understandable, as there were metal fragments all over the track -- the race should not have been restarted with two laps to go, though. F1 is getting more and more like NASCAR, just going for fan service and neglecting the purity of racing. Sometimes races end under caution. I don't like it, either, but that is just the way racing goes, sometimes...

I wish I had just waited for the race highlights instead of spending the time to watch it all. It was mostly boring followed by two laps of ridiculousness.

I really think the rules for working on cars under red flags need to be reviewed. The guys who decided to pit during the cautions prior to the reds were unfairly penalized; George Russell was chief among them. And it's not the first time this has happened.

DVR is my friend! After watching all the spins/issues during the practice sessions, plus the unpredictable weather there, I just set to record +1.5hrs. I always add an hour to qualifying and the race, I had a hunch this one would go off the rails.

DVR is my friend! After watching all the spins/issues during the practice sessions, plus the unpredictable weather there, I just set to record +1.5hrs. I always add an hour to qualifying and the race, I had a hunch this one would go off the rails.
Normally watch live, but for this one I just waited til I woke up and watched the replay on ESPN+ Definitely happy to FF through the 1 hour down time.

The only thing I can add to this thread is one of the co-managers of my shop has a NHRA car in the family and will be racing at Ennis, Texas in October. He invited me and my son and grandson into the pits as they prep the car. Told me wait until those nitro cards fire up and feel the ground shake. Looking forward to being re-baptized.